From no lye to lye

Coffee

and my hair looks and feels so much better. I use Silk Elements lye today. I actually was able to do the relaxer myself. Parted into 4 parts, and put Profective Break Free on my hair except for the new growth. I'm pretty pleased with myself. I will post a picture once I finish drying it. Lye is actually cheaper than the no lye boxed relaxer.

Coffee

did you have to rush to rinse it out so it wouldnt start burning early? thats my main concern in switching

Nope no rush, and it didn't burn. I washed and clarified my hair on Tuesday and no real combing or brushing since then.

2015454290036511612ileKzB]
[/url]

IwasPixy

I was using lye relaxers for the last 12 years of my life. In about september I switched to no-lye. I'm about to switch to back lye on wed.
Any words of caution about switching from no-lye? I want this to go as smoothly as possible! TIA!

PinkPebbles

I've been using lye for 2 years now and I love it way better than no lye. I do not experience any burns or scalp sores. My hair is thanking me for shiny and straighter hair. And it's able to retain mositure much better.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Do you find the texture of your hair that you used the no lye different? Your hair looks wonderful.

LongCurlyLocks

I did also hear lye was better. But it doesn't really apply to me since I haven't had a perm in over 4 years and the only time I use it is when I perm my edges every two months or so to have them lay better when I get my hair straight. I use Motions in the small canister. Think I paid like five dollars or something for it...

Platinum

I think my hair growth is due to the jojoba, horsetail and aloe vera mix. I started using it around the 11th of June.

Okay. I'll have to dust my mix back off and try it again. I forgot about it once my Mega Tek came.:wallbash:

Coffee

Just an update on switching from no lye to lye relaxer. Today is the first time I washed my hair since my lye relaxer last Saturday; all week I noticed how much healthier my hair looks and feels. It's like a whole new head of hair. I'm sold, I won't go back to no lye relaxers:nono: