Fresh Relaxer and PISSED!!!

TrendySocialite

So I got my relaxer today and I'm a little pissed....my hair hasn't grown. I feel it a bit more on my shoulders, but I have NO appreciable growth (see siggy). This isn't the clearest pic cuz I took it with my phone, I will take a clearer one tomorrow.

So I tried to cheer myself up by saying how healthy my hair is, which it is...but still, I'm a little pissed.

So the only thing that I didn't do that I did between January and March of this year was take my vits. So clearly that has to continue to stay part of my regimen, because I'm now convinced that aided in my growth.

But it's cool, I will be much more disciplined than I was this last relaxer cycle.

But to it's credit, my hair is bouncy, shiny and very soft...

TLC1020

I know exactly how you feel with my last two touch-ups, I didn't see any noticable growth :nono: I was dissappointed and hoping to be much closer to BSL but then I thought hey, it could be much worse and got over it.

ladylibra

i dunno... some of the top layers look longer to me... :look:

look on the bright side - at least you didn't have any setbacks! :yep:

PassionFruit

I feel your pain...

Since March, I had an inch, maybe a lil more considering I dusted twice..

but my hair FEELS a lot better and I dont see any breakage... so Im greatful for that and know that the rest will soon follow

supagyrl0302

OMG!! I soooo know the feeling. Got a relaxer last night. Was so prepared to knock em dead and have everyone like WOW w my bad self.....UH NO! I thought I had way more growth than I did so got a spiral rollerset..I looked like Annie!!! I was so pissed! All I cld do was pin back the top and leave the sides and back down...looking like somebody's babygirl on Easter Sunday!! But the upside a little high schooler was in shop and told my stylist she wanted her hair like mine next time. Call me a trendsetter lol .. shld have taken a pic but I was too mad

TrendySocialite

I totally feel you...I thought my doobie would be swangin' round my shoulders. So I'm gonna roll it tonight and rock my Chrisette Michele side ponytail for the rest of the weekend...LOL

But as the others have said, my hair is VERY healthy and vibrant...but can I tell you something, I sorta miss my new growth...

hush my mouth....LOL

OMG!! I soooo know the feeling. Got a relaxer last night. Was so prepared to knock em dead and have everyone like WOW w my bad self.....UH NO! I thought I had way more growth than I did so got a spiral rollerset..I looked like Annie!!! I was so pissed! All I cld do was pin back the top and leave the sides and back down...looking like somebody's babygirl on Easter Sunday!! But the upside a little high schooler was in shop and told my stylist she wanted her hair like mine next time. Call me a trendsetter lol .. shld have taken a pic but I was too mad