Fresh Look Permanent Hair BodipHier

alwayzalady22

so i visited honeyfig.com at the request of one of our lovely members, and stumbled across this product:

Fresh Look Permanent Hair BodipHier

Fresh Look Products Company produces a technological breakthrough. The Fresh Look Permanent Hair BodipHier is an innovative product designed to permanently relax hair and add body without the use of harsh chemicals. There has not been any significant innovation for relaxing hair since sodium hydroxide (lye) was introduced professionally in the 1950's. Manufacturers have formulated many variations of lye relaxers (I.e., sodium, calcium, and lithium hydroxide) and even added conditioners in an attempt to make relaxers less damaging. However, the basic damaging ingredient (lye) has not changed. Consequently, since the introduction of (lye) relaxers, the average length of hair has been shorten by 4-5 inches; largely due to harsh relaxing chemicals.

Well, no more. HoneyFig is proud to offer to you, a revolutionary improved way to work with the uniqueness of Afro-ethnic hair. The already prepared cream relaxer named BodipHier, as it is more like a softener than a relaxer; is applied similarly to that of traditional relaxers. The difference, however, is that the active agent in the formulation opens the hair cuticle, not to break the sulphide bond; but, instead it act as a softening agent. This, then allows the natural curl texture of the hair to loosen into a wider and more elongated spiral curl; therefore, allowing for more manageability. You then have the choice of wearing your hair in a less stressful wash-n-wear style, or blow dry for a straighter, more relaxed look.

-----------------
This is a permanent hair relaxer that softens the hair follicle, and adds body and manageability. It has been enriched with Vitamins, Minerals, and Amino Acids to strengthen your hair. One application kit contains: 8oz BodipHier; 2oz Shampoo; 2oz Conditioner; 1/2oz Blow-drying Oil and instruction sheet.

Ingredients:
Purified Alkaline Water, 100% Natural Soda Ash & Minerals, 100% Natural Citric, 100% Natural Menthol, Cetyl Wax, Emulsifying Wax, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Lanotrol, Volpo 10, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, 100% Natural Protein Powder, Shea Butter, 100% Natural Protein Oil, 100% Natural Soy Bean Oil, Fragrance.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ASHLEY%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgAny reviews/yays/nays for this product? i know SOMEBODY up in here knows something about this! :cool:

HoneyDew

There is one member here that uses this. I cannot remember her name. You may be able to find it with the Search, though.

Malvada

I think it is really good. The products that come with it are garbage except for the blowdry oil. I used it for a little while in 2000, and then again in 2002 when I was pregnant and did not want to use a regular relaxer. I stopped using it in 2000 b/c I was still into bone straight hair. My hair was nice and thick and healthy when using it. My hair is naturally, extremely thin! I stopped after 2002 b/c of the price. I plan on using it again. However I used to keep it on longer, and b/c they say it works w/ heat I put a plastic cap on while processing it. I would not advise doing that but it actually got my hair straight but still felt strong. There were a couple of other people that have used it but I can not remember any of their names sorry.

HTH
Mel

yodie

I used this and my hair came out. It also dried it something awful. I sure did regret it.

winterinatl

All natural!
raeshan said:
I used this and my hair came out. It also dried it something awful. I sure did regret it.

Look at the ingredients again: If I am not mistaken, soda ash = acid?

I used something called the Naturalaxer. It was pretty good but really felt like a super conditioner not a texturizer.