For Wives Only....

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Here I am! I didn't leave you. Promise...

1st Shimmie Lesson:

Warm-Up:

First of all, relax. Always breathe (softly) and relax. This is your husband you're doing this for, so just breathe and relax.

Softly extend your arms up and down. This is a stretching motion either standing or sitting. Do this 5 times. Then relax and breathe softly.

Let's stretch your legs a little. Place your hands on your hips and with a slight and SOFT bend in your knees, lounge your body from side – to – side. Do this for 10 counts (five lounges on both sides). Then relax… and breathe.

Now for the Shimmie. This is called a basic Shimmie or "Proper Shimmie" It's one of the first moves that we learn in Belly Dance.

With your hands down and relaxed by your sides, softly bend your knees. ..

Now 'softly' move your knees back and forth. Just back and forth and let your hips and your glutes go for the ride.

Don't worry about the wiggle. It's a natural movement. Don't tighten up 'back there' with your Derrière; just let it go along for the ride. C'mon, let it go :lol:

Let your hands and arms relax and stay soft, don't tense up…just let your arms flow naturally with the movements.

You can walk with this Shimmie, talk with this Shimmie; wash dishes and do laundry with this Shimmie,

You can do 'level' changes. Shimmie up…and …Shimmie down.

You can even make a circle with your hips and Shimmie all around.

The movement is all in your knees; a soft back and forth movement and your hips and Derrière are along for the ride…naturally. ;)

It's a beautiful and soft movement.
Your husband will love watching you do this.

Guess what? You can write the Alphabet with a Shimmie. You can write your husband's name and even yours…

Guess else? You can teach this to your husband.. Have a day of fun with him.

Remember the feather Boas listed above? One is for you and the other is for HIM…!

After you've practiced your Shimmie for a few days, it's time to teach your husband. Practice your Shimmies in front of a mirror.

Do not worry about your body appearance. Get over that! I mean it!

Get over your body, it doesn't matter. Your husband Loves you and especially when your 'parts' are in movement. The Shimmie is a new movement to surprise him He will love it and YOU just the way you are.

Prepare the atmosphere, as you know best for the two of you. Music, dinner, even a movie. (Movies are very Romantic to interrupt and surprise your husband with something more entertaining.) And it's just for him…

Wear your hair as you like it. (Now this, you all have 'down' :lol: ) Very Simple jewelry (it may get caught) and make-up, but some pretty earrings.

Put on a favorite summer top and a pair of knit pants that you feel comfortable in. (No jogging pants, jeans, or sweatpants allowed…that's a no, no.) .

The pants have to 'HUG' your bottom. Yes…HUG your bottom…your Derrière (Your size does NOT matter – He married you for that, anyway). Just dress up cute and sexy casual.

While he's distracted with TV (or other), begin to prepare yourself for him. After getting dressed , take both feather Boas. Wrap one around your hips and tie it on the Side. Allow the extra length of it to hang. For this will accent your hip movements.

Take the other feather Boa and loosely drape it in front of you around your upper shoulders towards the back and let both ends of the Boa hang in Back of you.

For you will be taking this one off (in a playful manner) to wrap around your husband's hips for his Shimmie lesson.

Start the music… (better if your stereo has a remote).

Now! Enjoy showing your Shimmie to your husband.

Shimmie up and Shimmie down…Shimmie all around…for it's all in loving fun for you and him.

I have Many other Shimmie moves to share and tummy and shoulder and hands…But this is just a start. Enjoy.

You deserve to have fun together. Life is filled with too much stress and mess.

Enjoy the beautiful gift of marriage that God has given as much as you can.

I'll be back with the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough…and what to do with it….Okay? :lol: (I couldn't include it with this message...too many characters)

Love to all of you, Married and Single…;) ;) ;)

"Shimmie…"

MzTami

Hellerrrr
All I can say is WOW!!! I'm going to print this out and practice my Shimmie when I get home. :)

Thanks Shimmie! I'm ready for the cookie dough lesson.....

hopeful

Shaniquah said:
Hey Shimmie, can I add to this please?! I'm a hopeless romantic as well and have wooed my husband a time or two. Here's my addition:

Before your husband comes home, have a dish of fresh fruit, anything he likes. Include on that dish a dollop of cool whip, a small section of sugar and a small section of chocolate. When he comes home, meet him at the door and blindfold him. Lead him to the couch (or wherever), sit on him (facing him of course) and start feeding him. What happens next, well, that's up to you :kissing4:

I love this! This would drive my husband CRAZY!!!

Shimmie

Staff member
CantBeCopied said:
er, uh....what about 36 year old divorcees who have a wonderful SO in their life? can we get the goods?

Hey, why not. You're so unique that your shimmies 'Can't Be Copied'...;)

Have fun and take notes. I have many, many more....:lol:

Hugs...

Shimmie...;)

Shimmie

Staff member
hopeful said:
Shimmie, I'll be celebrating my 19th wedding anniversary in a month. Sign me up chica.

Oooo, congratulations! Many joys and blessings for you and your husband. You need a special shimmie for this...;)

"Shimmie..." ;)

Shimmie

Staff member
MzTami said:
All I can say is WOW!!! I'm going to print this out and practice my Shimmie when I get home. :)

Thanks Shimmie! I'm ready for the cookie dough lesson.....

You are more than welcome I have more to share and please, please share yours as well. This is fun....;)

Don't forget to keep your kness 'soft' and it's a 'slight' bend in the knees, not a deep bend...

Hugs....

"Shimmie...;)

Shaniquah

Now see....this sounds great, but I think my husband will have me Shimmie-ing all over the house!! Can my knees take it, lol!!

hopeful said:
I love this! This would drive my husband CRAZY!!!

(HOPEFUL, congrats on the 19 years, hope I can make it too.) And be careful with the 'fruit seduction...' :spinning: you'll have his head spinning.

Shimmie

Staff member
Shaniquah said:
Hey Shimmie, can I add to this please?! I'm a hopeless romantic as well and have wooed my husband a time or two. Here's my addition:

Before your husband comes home, have a dish of fresh fruit, anything he likes. Include on that dish a dollop of cool whip, a small section of sugar and a small section of chocolate. When he comes home, meet him at the door and blindfold him. Lead him to the couch (or wherever), sit on him (facing him of course) and start feeding him. What happens next, well, that's up to you :kissing4:

Wow oh Wow !!!

This is awesome and a wonderful thing to share. Maybe we should have a Romance Board, here. Husbands go through so much stress each day. Even if they've behaving like 'Little Rascals', they are still precious and need to be loved...

Ladies, keep your ideas coming. It's also very healing.

I love Romance...;) So do husbands...

"Hugs....
Shimmie...

MzTami

Hellerrrr
Shaniquah said:

Oh My..how did I miss this? Great Idea!

Shimmie

Staff member
Ladies, thank you. I'm so happy this made you smile. I have lots more to share. I've been sharing this for so long with other Brides.

Help Notes:

Keep your knees soft. Don't try to do a deep bend. It just a slight and soft bend. Without telling him why...ask your husband to massage your knees and you'll massage 'his' (wherever :lol: ) in return. He'll jump so fast you'll think he was a bullet.

The Shimmie movement is just a soft movement of your knees going back and forth...softly, back and forth.

Later, (next week's post) I will 'share' with you how to do a 'Glute' shimmie. Your husband will Really go crazy with this one. He won't be watching any sports after this...Ohhhh, nooooo...:lol: What is it with men and our bottoms? What?????

"Shimmie..." ;)

Shaniquah

It's been a while since we've had romance in the house (kids will do that to you.) But ya'll are making me think again...but going along with what Shimmie said, you have to bring some of the 'beginning' of your relationship back - we lose so much so why not have fun again?! C'mon Shimmie, I know you have more girl because I do...so let's hear it....:)

trinidarkie1

I'm going to have to keep up to date with this thread. I dont think I can let go of my inhibitions to try this for him, so I may just have to keep reading and see if I get the courage while doing so.

Another wifey.

Shimmie

Staff member
Here's the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Do you think you can handle this one? Are there kids anywhere around? Go check first then I'll post it...:lol:

It's Richly Chocolate Rated and I can't take any chances with being censored. In the meantime, start writing down your favorite homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Can't wait to tell you about this one.

It's all about the 'Shimmie'....It's all about the Shimmie...It's all about the Shimmie..." ;)

"Shimmie..." ;)

Shimmie

Staff member
trinidarkie1 said:
I'm going to have to keep up to date with this thread. I dont think I can let go of my inhibitions to try this for him, so I may just have to keep reading and see if I get the courage while doing so.

Another wifey.

Come Here! I mean it, Come Here! This is your sister speaking to you...Come here.

Trini: You have all of what it takes to do this. I was well over 200 Plus pounds when I started Belly Dancing and it did not stop me. Do I still have more weight to loose, of course, I do. But it never stopped me.

And it won't stop you, Beautiful Lady. :) It may not be about your size, for you may be a size 4 or a size 44. It still doesn't matter. There is no one in this world more beautiful to your husband than you are.

When you're ready, let me know and I will coach you, all the way. Pretty Lady, your husband will love seeing you Shimmie and it all just for him. :)

Besides, I'll bet you have a number of Romantic tips that we can learn from you as well. Come on, tell it and set me straight. Cause' I'm still not married (yet) and I still need to learn some things...;)

Love,

"Shimmie..."

Parvathi

Shaniquah said:

Giirrrllllll:eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for sharing this!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Shimmie

Staff member
The Mystery Unveils ...
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

All husbands must be present for this procedure.

Prepare your favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and place it in the refrigetor. (Hide it, so that it's not pre-eaten :lol:)

Now: While your husband is in the kitchen, allow him to see you do this:

Ooops.....Um, did I just hear a child in the room with one of you? Tell you what, I'll be back with these details in just a few minutes.

This is Private Information...no children allowed...:look:

Love, Shimmie...

I'm coming back, this is too rich not to share with you. ;)

Last edited:

Shaniquah

Thx Parvathi! That was a fun night :blush: And trinidarkie, it took me a while to get comfortable around my husband, but I second what Shimmie says...he'll love it!

dlewis

:) Shimmie, you are so positive, in all your posts, and now this.

Waiting for more details.....................:)

Parvathi

ShimmieGirl said:
The Mystery Unveils ...

All husbands must be present for this procedure.​

Prepare your favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and place it in the refrigetor. (Hide it, so that it's not pre-eaten :lol:)​

Now: While your husband is in the kitchen, allow him to you do this:

Ooops.....Um, did I just hear a child in the room with one of you? Tell you what, I'll be back with these details in just a few minutes.​

This is Private Information...no children allowed...:look:

Love, Shimmie...​

I'm coming back, this is too rich not to share with you. ;)
Cat bit your tongue...in this case your hands?:confused: :confused:

Stop playing games!:fishslap: :angry2:

gn1g

well let me add a tip.

It's hot as all get out here in Texas, and we keep the ceiling fan on so if you have one, place some flower petals (real or fake(wal-marts)) on the fan blades and let him turn the fan on, the petals will fall softly all over the room. and don't forget to deodarize the room.

Shaniquah

See there? After the fruit seduction, do the shimmie and make your man turn on the fan...Supergirl, where are the firemen!!!! :Blush2:

Shimmie

Staff member
gn1g said:
well let me add a tip.

It's hot as all get out here in Texas, and we keep the ceiling fan on so if you have one, place some flower petals (real or fake(wal-marts)) on the fan blades and let him turn the fan on, the petals will fall softly all over the room. and don't forget to deodarize the room.

This is very nice. And I bet he thought that he made the fan do that (Tim the Tool Man Taylor...:)).

This is a beautiful idea.

Hugs, Shimmie...;)

Last edited:

gn1g

Okay, one more,

If you make him a bath float a bottle in the water with a love note. Along with his favorite song and drink.

Shaniquah

gn1g, I like that! I did something a little similar - I bought a small wooden box (very little) and made tiny scrolls with how I felt about him written on them for my husband.

Shimmie

Staff member
Here is for Real Angels...

The Mystery Unveils ...

All husbands must be present for this procedure.

Prepare your favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and place it in the refrigetor. (Hide it, so that it's not pre-eaten :lol:)

Now: While your husband is in the kitchen, allow him to SEE you do this:

1. Take the cookie dough out of the fridge.
  2. Let him see you eat a dab of it and just look at him and say, Hmmmm...
  3. Pause and say nothing else.
  4. Give him some...(Cookie dough that is)
  5. Then bake just ONE large cookie. Only one.
  6. Put the rest of the cookie dough back into the fridge. (I have something else for that in a later post...really, I do.)
  7. While the cookie is baking, please don't let the cookie burn. :lol:
  8. Tell him to go relax or watch his favorite show or whatever it takes to keep him out of the kitchen.
  9. Now, when the cookie is done, allow it to cool.
  10. Here's my favorite part.
  11. On one of your best plates (a large one) place the cookie on it.
  12. Remember the business card in my first post?
  13. Place one the cards onto the plate beside the cookie.
  14. Have a cloth napkin folded with the plate.
  15. Remember the flower in list on the post?
  16. Place the flower over the Cookie
  17. Now, wherever he is (watching TV, or in the tub, etc.) take the plate and place it beside him or on his pillow (you decide).
  18. Next to the cookie, he will see the card that says:
  19. "Baby...Only for you"
  20. Now, love him as only you can....and no one else.
  21. God has anointed you for this man; only you have what it takes to love him in all of the ways that he needs to be loved and respected.
Angels, one of the main things that keeps our husbands alert is 'Anticipation'.

I am so sorry for 'dragging' this post out throughout this day. But I had special reasons why. First to give us something joyful to share. And it allowed more ladies to join in. We all have different schedules.

Most of all, so that you could experience the thrill of anticipation. It's nice. And now you know how much more your husbands will enjoy it as well.

God bless all of you. Enjoy and together, let's keep the Romance in our hearts and marriages, alive and well.

I have a late class tonight, so I may not see many of your replies until tomorrow morning. But I'm still here to share more and more with you.

Love to all of you...Married and Single...

"Shimmie..." ;)

Shimmie

Staff member
Shaniquah said:
Thx Parvathi! That was a fun night :blush: And trinidarkie, it took me a while to get comfortable around my husband, but I second what Shimmie says...he'll love it!

Thanks Shaniquah...for everything you've shared. We need this on this forum. Life is stressful enough. This takes off the edge for so many couples.

And thanks to everyone else for all of your support. I will still share as much as I know.

Hugs...

Shimmie...