For thoses that trim their ends....

grnidmonster

Last year this time I had some fierce ends so I made the mistake of having them cut at my salon ( I rarely get my hair done, only when I want a bone straight press). She was supposed to trim the end but she cut 2-3 INCHES off:mad: . To make matters worse she left the left side 1.5 inches shorter than the right.:confused:

Fast forward to this year, my hair has grown out but, my ends are getting bad. I am starting to see little pieces of hair where the ends are splittling and breaking. My growth has slowed and I'm starting to loose length. The last straw was when I saw a split end that was a half inch long and looked like wheat (multiple splits and breaks). Time to trim. I have tried keeping them moist but, still the little pieces of hair.

Finally, the questions:

1. Do you trim your own ends? How?

2. Do you try to keep your hair even all over or do you just cut the bad ends regardlesss of shape?

3. Does anyone have hair where one side of your head is longer than the other? Am I the only one walking around looking crazy? Should I just even it up?

Tx

balisi

My hair is long enough that I trim just the ends that are split, then I do a trim around the perimeter to make sure everything looks neat and even.

There's no way I would walk around with a 1.5 inch difference in length. I would even it out.

SkinnyMocah

My hair is uneven and it's growing that way. I'm scared to go to a salon because every.time. they cut a ton off of it and I want to retain my length. It's not TOO bad but in my recent measurement I can see that it's uneven.

leleepop

grnidmonster said:
Last year this time I had some fierce ends so I made the mistake of having them cut at my salon ( I rarely get my hair done, only when I want a bone straight press). She was supposed to trim the end but she cut 2-3 INCHES off:mad: . To make matters worse she left the left side 1.5 inches shorter than the right.:confused:

Fast forward to this year, my hair has grown out but, my ends are getting bad. I am starting to see little pieces of hair where the ends are splittling and breaking. My growth has slowed and I'm starting to loose length. The last straw was when I saw a split end that was a half inch long and looked like wheat (multiple splits and breaks). Time to trim. I have tried keeping them moist but, still the little pieces of hair.

Finally, the questions:

1. Do you trim your own ends? How?

2. Do you try to keep your hair even all over or do you just cut the bad ends regardlesss of shape?

3. Does anyone have hair where one side of your head is longer than the other? Am I the only one walking around looking crazy? Should I just even it up?

Tx
DO you have a Supercuts or sport clips (something to that effect) salon that you can go to? I would go with my hair dry and flatironed and have then just trim what you want. I would watch very closely and tell them your concerns beforehand. I would go as far as to tell them I will not pay if they do not give me what I ask for!! You have to speak up about your concerns.hth

grnidmonster

tx ladies.
I trimmed the bad ends and now I think I'm gonna go a month w/o any heat (my hair grows really well this way) then flat iron and head over to the local supper cuts. There is a Latina Lady there that is pretty cool, she cuts my sons hair, and ask her to trim me up and event the right side out so I dont have to walk around with my head tilted to the left:lachen: