For those who want to know what Fo-ti is..

Lucia

Fo-ti is another name for He shou wu or shou wu pian. It's a chinese herb but Japanese and Taiwanese use it too. It was first used for lower cholesterol and it had an odd side effect of growing hair even on men whose hair was thinning. It works like grape seed extract in regards to manipulating the growth phase=you can keep your growth phase going longer than what is usual for you, and keep the resting and shedding stage down to a minimum or post pone them but since everybody's growth rate per month and stage cycles are different results vary.
BTW you can get it at GNC.
Just thought everyone would like to know.
HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pebbles

Hi Lucia,

Thanks for the information. I'm definately going to add this to my vitamins. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

beana3

so it lengthens the growth stage much like MSM claims to do??? I went on a vitamin break b/c of the fear it would irritate my skin, does fo-ti have the same skin altering side effect?

Lucia

Hi Beana3,
From what I know about MSM is it's a sulfa-based supplement that helps rebuild the body in general and from that helps hair grow faster, I've also heard and experienced that it makes your hair silkier or shinier I have not seen or heard about it affecting the growth stages. But you have to drink alot of water and you can't take too much because of breakouts, headaches, and dry eyes(both of which I got when I took too much.
Fo-ti or shou wu has not given me any side effects so far and it's all natural and that helps. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
here's a link:
http://www.medical-shopping.com/anglais/anti-chute.htm

Lucia

/images/graemlins/wave.gif Hi Pebbles, Allandra, and Brighteyes.
I've given a link so you can check it out for yourselves /images/graemlins/smile.gif don't just take my word for it.

Allandra

Thanks for the link. I don't plan on taking it (since I feel as though I'm taking enough). It's always good to read/learn about how supplements work. Thanks again.

ThursdayGirl

Thanks for the info Lucia. I just had to laugh though... your "just don't take my word for it..." reminded me of that show that Levarr Burton used to do. Reading Rainbow... <smiles> thanks for the smile!

ngaa

hie lucia /images/graemlins/wave.gif so, thanx for the info on fo-ti, have u ever tried msm? what did u find to be better the msm or the fo-ti, if no is there any1 out there who has?