For those who Transitioned..How Long did it take for you to be 100% Natural???

dede1129

I am currently 22 weeks into my transition without BC and I was wondering how long it took you to become 100% Natural during your Transition???

Janet'

:welcome: OP,

It took me about 2 years- or 104 weeks to transition...and my hair was about shoulder length, maybe an inch or two longer...

Nonie

I transitioned in braids, trimming my hair every 6-8 weeks, and realized I had no more relaxed hair on my one year anniversary of transitioning. When I strarted/put in the braids, I had 1 inch of natural hair growth. When I discovered I had no more relaxed hair, I had about 5-6 inches of natural hair as seen below:

ClassicBeauty

It all depends on how long you want your hair to be when the relaxed ends are cut. I transitioned for several years. My relaxed hair was probably below armpit length, and I didn't want my hair any shorter than that, so I transitioned for a few years until my new growth was about armpit length. I trimmed the relaxed ends every few months.

MsLizziA

I transitioned for 4months then bc'd lol... It was actually on accident because i took my hair down out of braids and clarified it.... big mistake! I had a matted mess and ended up just chopping my relaxed hair halfway to hell.. SO the next day i just went to my stylist and she chopped all my hair off. Havent looked back since :)

Mook's hair

2 years for me. I trimmed as it grew and never went shorter than shouldler length.
I documented the whole journey in my fotki. It's in my sig.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
^^^I 2nd that. Luv, luv, luv Mook's hair. Can't wait till I'm 100% natural. Hey Mook, my Bee Mine products will be here 2mor, I hope I like them as much as you do.

I had relaxed hair in 2007-2008. By 2010 I had no relaxer left in my hair, I had unknowingly just trimmed it all away and my hair is currently APL. I had no idea!