For those who has successful length retention...

MRJ1972

with Microbraids....

What was your regimen??

I am committed to transitioning to natural but I need to hide my hair for a while and I am tired of sew-ins...

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Nonie

• Redoing braids one by one as needed--as soon as they got loose, particularly along the hairline.
  • Ensuring I use less extension hair per section of my own.
  • Avoiding the base when applying conditioner during my wash so that I don't get product build up that can lead to knotting at the base.
  • I don't use any products as leave-ins (not moisturizers or sprays). I don't think this is necessarily a good thing, but it works for me. I hate the feel of product on my hair.
  • I baggy every night.
  • I keep the same regimen I had when I didn't have extensions in: wash and condition twice a week (one of those conditioning being a DC) and end every wash with an ACV rinse.
  • Dust about 1/4 inch (That's about this much __ ) every 6-8 weeks during one of the braid redoing sessions. I undo a braid, dust, then rebraid.
  • I use fingers to undo my braids, never a comb, coz I can feel for tangles and ensure I move slow enough not to cause any.

purplepeace79

with Microbraids....

What was your regimen??

I am committed to transitioning to natural but I need to hide my hair for a while and I am tired of sew-ins...

Thanks in advance for your responses!

When I first cut my first set of locs, I wore braids for like 90% of the time. In 2 years I went from 1/4 inch of hair to shoulder length stretched.

All I did was wash and condition as normal. Once per week. To reduce frizz, I oiled the braids and tied down with a scarf and let them dry overnight. Taking them down I coated with oil and combed them out. I never tied or glued the ends. When I took them out, I'd DC my hair wear a fro or twists for like a week then get them done again.