For those who DC on dry hair, at what point do you use a reconstructor?

Esq.2B

Usually I shampoo, apply reconstructor, then follow up with a moisturizing DC.

If I start to DC on dry hair, when will I use the reconstructor?

If it's after the shampoo, will I have to DC again or will a quick rinse out condish to soften up my hair suffice?

And will it affect the moisture/protein balance at all if I'm not following up the protein reconstructor w/ a moisture DC?

TIA

TonicaG

TonicaG
Whenever I use a reconstructor, I apply it to dry hair FIRST, rinse and apply my moisturizing conditioner. Sometimes when I'm pressed for time I'll do both (Recon/Moisturizing) at the same time and still have the same effect.

wannabelong

Whenever I use a reconstructor, I apply it to dry hair FIRST, rinse and apply my moisturizing conditioner. Sometimes when I'm pressed for time I'll do both (Recon/Moisturizing) at the same time and still have the same effect.

I do the same thing.

Esq.2B

Thanks ladies! But now I'm a little bit confused. Some people say they DC on dry hair to avoid having to hop in and out the shower. If I do the reconstructor first, won't I still have to hop in and out of the shower?

sharifeh

^^ Depends on how you want to do it. Yes, if you feel you want to DC with the moisturizing condish with heat then yes you will be jumping in and out. But f your hair feels fine in the shower, then just rinse and come out.
DCing on dry hair does save you from jumping in and out except for the days that you need protein and moisture I guess.

Truth

On reconstructing days what I did was ..reconstruct first.. then hop in the shower and shampoo and dc...however I dont hop back in the shower to rinse the dc...My hair is already in plats when I reconstruct, wash and dc anyway..so I just rinse out under the sink

Esq.2B

So what do you all think will happen if I do a moisture DC on dry hair, then shampoo, then reconstruct, then quickie rinse out moisture condish? Will that cause damage?

I only use my reconstructor on my shampoo days, which differs from my dc days. On my dc days, I only use a moisturizing hair mask/condish on dry hair.

sharifeh

why don't you use the reconstructor first and then see if you need a moisture DC or if you could just rinse it, or trying mixing your reconstructor with your moisture DC....curious what's your reconstructor?

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I do it like TonicaG also by mixing it.

This is my order.
DC, poo, recon, cheap con (not all the time), fsp. And I'm out, all in one shower

Esq.2B

why don't you use the reconstructor first and then see if you need a moisture DC or if you could just rinse it, or trying mixing your reconstructor with your moisture DC....curious what's your reconstructor?

I have a few different reconstructors. :grin:

Aphoghee 2 minute
Tigi Dumb Blonde
Fantasia IC

Also, I have Nexxus, but when I use the Nexxus, I will definitely follow up w/ a moisturizing DC since it's strong.

Re: the bolded, you mean use it first on dry hair? My reason for not wanting to do that is because I want to avoid the multiple trips in and out of the shower.

I'd prefer to do:

Moisturizing DC
Shampoo
Reconstructor
Rinse out condish

If I do it this way, I only have to get in the shower once. :grin:

I'm just trying to figure out if it would cause damage by now following up the reconstructor with a moisturizing DC.

Esq.2B

I do it like TonicaG also by mixing it.

This is my order.
DC, poo, recon, cheap con (not all the time), fsp. And I'm out, all in one shower

What does FSP mean?

And when you say you mix it, what do you mix it with? A cheap conditioner or moisturizing DC?

jada1111

Are you guys saying you do a protein treatment on dry unwashed hair BEFORE shampooing?

I thought for a protein conditioner you need to shampoo FIRST, add protein conditioner, then follow with a moisturizing conditioner? This is what I do when I plan on doing a protein deep treatment.

I have applied moisturizing deep conditioners to dry hair (leaving overnight), then washing, following with a regular moisturizing detangling conditioner.

So, is the new thing (when you don't feel like washing your hair first) to use a protein conditioner on dry unwashed hair BEFORE washing?

BellaM

yeah...I use the Cantu repair cream for a prepoo....sit under the dryer for 15 min and wash out...

Fine 4s

Are you guys saying you do a protein treatment on dry unwashed hair BEFORE shampooing?

I thought for a protein conditioner you need to shampoo FIRST, add protein conditioner, then follow with a moisturizing conditioner? This is what I do when I plan on doing a protein deep treatment.

I have applied moisturizing deep conditioners to dry hair (leaving overnight), then washing, following with a regular moisturizing detangling conditioner.

So, is the new thing (when you don't feel like washing your hair first) to use a protein conditioner on dry unwashed hair BEFORE washing?

I can't see applying Aphogee 2 step (the harsh one) on dry hair (and dirty in my case) first.

Brooklyn72

I have a few different reconstructors. :grin:

Aphoghee 2 minute
Tigi Dumb Blonde
I'd prefer to do:

Moisturizing DC
Shampoo
Reconstructor
Rinse out condish

If I do it this way, I only have to get in the shower once. :grin:

I'm just trying to figure out if it would cause damage by now following up the reconstructor with a moisturizing DC.

IMO there is no need to do a moisture DC after the Tigi or Aphoghee 2 min.
I use both of the products from time to time without using a moisture DC and my hair is nice and healthy.
The only difference is I wash my hair with poo first, then use the recons.

ceebee3

I use all my reconstructors as pre-poos on dry hair before shampoo and deep conditioning.

The night before I just rinse or shampoo in the shower and braid my hair to airdry. In the morning, I apply the reconstructor to dry hair, rinse in the sink let it airdry and apply my deep conditioner w/heat.

I always rinse my deep conditioner in the shower as the last step.

sharifeh

I can't see applying Aphogee 2 step (the harsh one) on dry hair (and dirty in my case) first.

No not the harsh one. You should definitely shampoo before using that one. But the aphogee 2 min or another light protein should be fine on dry hair.