For those interested in texturizing..............

sweettrini

I had a great consultation with a stylist named Shavon today. I live in NY and he works in Brooklyn but he's originally from Toronto, Canada. He worked at Jazma Salon and uses their technique for the Wash and Wear relaxer here. We talked for about half an hour and I felt really comfortable talking to him. I felt like he listened to what I wanted and was open to my current regime. He even tried to steer me away from the chemical procedure at first but after listening to me horrible attempts to control my thick hair, discussed the texturizing process with me. I will be going to actually have it done on Sat 4/3 so I'll come back and post a review. He's not cheap but definitely not as expensive as Curve. Wish me luck!!

melodee

Re: For those interersted in texturizing..............

Sounds like a winner. Let us know how it turns out, as I'm interested in a change.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL

Did he say specifically why he was trying to steer you away from it? How much is he charging if you don't mind me asking.. I don't live in NY..but I'm curious as to how much it might be here.

What is a wash and wear relaxer?

L

LaNecia

I just came across their website last week and wanted to order the video but was a bit skeptical. Can't wait to hear your results!

sweettrini

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
Did he say specifically why he was trying to steer you away from it? How much is he charging if you don't mind me asking.. I don't live in NY..but I'm curious as to how much it might be here.

What is a wash and wear relaxer?

[/ QUOTE ]

A wash and wear relaxer is simply a texturizer. It is a mild lye relaxer left in the hair between 5-8 mins and washed out but will leave the option of wearing hair curly or wearing it straight. After seeing my natural hair, he felt I didn't need a chemical relaxer to achieve the curly look I want, but as I mentioned I can barely handle my hair now and I also need the option of wearing it straight if I want, so we decided on the texturizer. It will cost between $85-100, with a deep conditioner and a trim or haircut, whichever is necessary.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL

That's not a bad price at all if you ask me! I pay $75 just for a haircut! So do you think you need at least that much new growth to get a texturizer?

Thanks for the info!

Isis

Very interesting. Thank you and please let us know your results!

ADB

So does that mean I actually have a texturizer? If so I have to change my sig. My stylist uses Mizani mild relaxer and leaves it on for 10 min. My hair looks the same as when it was natural. The waves are just looser and more manageable.

Isis

Deeshortesthair - your kinky braids look so pretty on you! I tried to leave a comment with your pic but couldn't, maybe I overlooked something...

Healthb4Length

Sweettrini, I had the same question as above, would you have to cut off your relaxed ends. Please, if you could email me with the name, address and phone number of this stylist because I want to get a texturizer too but I can't afford to go to Curve. I live in New Jersey and I know my why around Brookly quite well. Thank you and please tell me how your results go, good luck!

J

JenniferMD

Sweetrini, I'm so glad you posted this information. I can't wait to see how you like the wash-n-wear relaxer. I remember going to the website a while back and was really impressed...it just wasn't a lot of other information other than that site. And it seemed like no one had ever heard about it. Please please keep us posted and take pics

LisaG

What is the web address Ladies. I'm very interested. And it is cheaper than Curve, I'm game.

I got new braids. They are what I'm want my real hair to look like if I got the texturizer.

Thankyou ... today I set them with perm rods and dipped them in hot water to make them curly ...I think I am liking this a lot..

thanks for the compliments

melodee

Look into the FAQ section of the site. It explains the application of W and W on previously relaxed heads. It appears that the new growth can get texturizd, but you will not get the same curly effect b/c the relaxed ends have already been made straight.

sweettrini

[ QUOTE ]
Alli77 said:
Sweettrini, I had the same question as above, would you have to cut off your relaxed ends. Please, if you could email me with the name, address and phone number of this stylist because I want to get a texturizer too but I can't afford to go to Curve. I live in New Jersey and I know my why around Brookly quite well. Thank you and please tell me how your results go, good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I would not have to cut off ALL the relaed ends at once. We will do a trim (or at this point since I have not had a cut since May 2003 I may need a full fledged haircut). Every time we process, we will trim a little more off until all the realxed ends are gone. Until that point, I will have to wear my hair straight. His name is Shavon, he works at Master Hair Weavers, 1655 Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn and the number to the salon is (718) 951-1993. Tell him Nyree sent you. That's me btw!!

Healthb4Length

Thanks Nyree! you are a life saver! I just couldn't afford curve---too rich for my blood! I am going to call Shavon today and you betta show me them pictures and tell me how things go girl! Good luck, I'm cheering for you!

sweettrini

OOOOOhh, caramel. I haven't done it yet!! I am scheduled to have a texturizer done this Fri or Sat but I'm thinking I want to see how straight I can get my hair with just a blowout. I am torn between wanting to remain natural aka. chemical free and wanting to texturize for versatility. I'm soo confused.