For the ones that press there hair.

Blackndiangirl

Im getting my hair pressed for the first time in along time. For the ones that get there hair pressed. What products do you use, to press with, and what can i use to press mine with that wont make it look to greasy, and how often do you press.

I usually press my hair once a month or once every other month. My stylist conditions my hair well, does a light blow out, and then flat irons my hair with a little oil. He usually uses a product called G Naturals, which is excellent, but expensive. I think that the most important things when pressing are to deep condition your hair, blow it as straight as you can get it, and then use a light oil for shine and protection.

Also, I think i remember reading some other raves about Dudley's Creme Press although I've never used it. Try doing a search for more options.

I minimize the greasies by oiling my hair while it's wet then letting it air dry in braids and/or twists.

I press once a month.

[ QUOTE ]
Im getting my hair pressed for the first time in along time. For the ones that get there hair pressed. What products do you use, to press with, and what can i use to press mine with that wont make it look to greasy, and how often do you press.

[/ QUOTE ]I have used Dudley's creme press(my fave!), regular pressing oil, Wanakee oil, and hair wax. I find that if you apply the product(s) while wet and then blowdry, the press does not come out as greasy.I let my hair airdry in braids although. Any other grease or oil is absorbed by the next day! I usaully press my hair once a week but I make sure I do deep conditioners on a weekly basis also.

Well, I get mine pressed/flatironed maybe once every two to three months. I NEVER use oil because my press would not last past two days.

I always get a deep conditioner and a Cellophane before I get my hair pressed. This protects my hair and leaves all the shine that I possible need.

Do know that products make the world of difference. So I suggest that you use some really good shampoo and make sure your hair is squeaky clean. Put a good deep conditoner on your hair and sit under the dryer for 15 minutes. Blow dry your hair as straight as possible before pressing it. When you press, try to press medium secitons and try not to go over the same piece/section more than twice!

-lee

when i press my hair, i put a leave-in conditioner in my hair when its damp (making sure i put more on the ends). then i blow dry it straight. then by each section i use biosilk silk therapy serum and press each section at a time. i HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Biosilk Silk Therapy. it makes your hair very silky, soft, and shiny after its pressed. and there is no grease feel on your hair!!

i use ultra sheen creme press and put it in my hair while it damp w/ a little pink oil moisturizer then blow dry. then i than the ultra sheen asneed through my hair as i press. if i have curls i use a little ampro curl wax, but
b-careful, that mess is stick!

[ QUOTE ]
i use ultra sheen creme press

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> </font> My mom uses the same stuff. I recently bought her a huge tub of it.

I suggest use ultra sheen creme press. It's one of the best, if not the best, pressing grease out there. I use apex, which is also a good one.

Back