for my sistas with a twa....

chebaby

did you deep condition your twa or did you wait until it got a certain legnth? i went to the salon and got a twa and i love it. but she put all this foam wrap lotion on my hair which i thought was stupid since im wearing my natural curls. so when i got home i co washed it and in the shower i was thinking that my hair is so short that a deep condition treatment prolly wouldnt make a difference. it seems to me like co washing daily or every other day would be enough until i get maybe 2 inches. right now i think i have less than an inch of hair(except in my bang area witch still wont curl but it'll grow out).

so do you deep condition your twa?

chitowngal330

Yup, I did. I started with just a few inches. But I am a deep conditioning junkie and would probably DC my bald scalp...just to be sure. :look:

chebaby

lmbao. thanx.
i love to deep condition too but i never had hair this short so i was like "does it even matter?"
but i guess it does.

PAPRIKA

the stylist may have thought the foam lotion would give your natural curls more definition. I say yay to deep conditioning becuse natural hair requires lots of moisture.hth

melodies815

Girl, only Jesus knows why I am up at 4:32 in the morning...maybe just to DC my TWA?!??!

Well, to answer your question yes I DC mine. My hair is maybe 1.5 to 2.5 inches long. I am not sure because I have not measured, but it's somewhere in that range for sure. I wet it every day with either water or infusium...and I either co-wash or clarify every 4-5 days, I guess. My hair CANNOT get away from conditioner...and what I am noticing is that the natural curls are popping more and more with each tie that I moisturize.

There's a lady on this site with the handle of Kinkerbelle and she is my absolute inspiration at the moment...probably for a REALLY LONG MOMENT. She took time to figure out her hair and noticed how it and it's needs changed over time....even through pregnancy. My hair is not as curly as hers, but it does have a definite and clear curl pattern, and I can use her regimens as a guide.

Anyway...yes I DC my really short TWA. I see a negative difference in my hair when I don't do it.

Hope this helps....

I like your hair!

Christi

MonPetite

I TOTALLY DID AND WILL AGAIN!

I even used one DC as a leave-in! :grin:

I often used co-wash conditioners as leave-ins and will in the future.

Ramya

I DC twice a week now. I used to do it once every 2 weeks but upping the frequency has really made my curls more defined and shiny. Since I'm too lazy to sit under the dryer, I DC overnight :lol: My hair is maybe 2-3 inches long right now.

TracyNicole

My hair is 1-1.5in nd I deep condition. Even though it's short I guess I figure it's still hair and I want to start out the way I mean to continue.

**Glamourlicious**

YES! PLease DC so that you can gain that length and so that your hair remains healthy. It has been my experience that natural hair is dryer and needs more DC treatments.