For Long-Term JBCO Users...and/or Relaxed Texlaxed Ladies who are BSL and Beyond...

SmilingElephant

Okay...so i've been using JBCO since last year....and it seriously helped thicken up my hair and helped my scrawny V-shape grow out to a slight V-shape...almost a U-shape.....

But now...i dunno if its because i'm only 4 weeks post....but my ends seem so skinny...and when i wash my hair the length feels so thin...but my scalp is covered in hair.

So i'm wondering if my hair is going through some kind of growing phase.

Maybe i'm jus worrying for no reason:perplexed

I don' have excessive shedding or anything....its just my length seems so thin for some reason....even when i flatiron it and style it it looks so piecey. But when i get to 8 weeks post and beyond my hair becomes extremely thick and hard to deal with. It really caught my attention when i wore my hair half up the other day and the very long part of my hair seemed so thin and my nape hair was piecey and BSL....i'm sticking to my JBCO tho!!!

Maybe it'll thicken up again?

Re: For Long-Term JBCO Users...and/or Relaxed Texlaxed Ladies who are BSL and Beyond.

I've been using JBCO faithfully for like 2 years and it's also thickened my hair up and helped grow out my edges. How are you using it? I usually add a teaspoon to my deep conditioner or rub a dime size amount on my edges...

I do notice when I stretch my ends seem a lot thinner than my roots, I think it has less to do w/ JBCO and more to do w/ our natural hair being thick which makes the relaxed hair look thinner. Do you think you're using too much product? that could be a reason why it looks weighed down and thin... I think if you're not seeing a lot of shedding then you're okay...

Re: For Long-Term JBCO Users...and/or Relaxed Texlaxed Ladies who are BSL and Beyond.

I've been using JBCO faithfully for like 2 years and it's also thickened my hair up and helped grow out my edges. How are you using it? I usually add a teaspoon to my deep conditioner or rub a dime size amount on my edges...

I do notice when I stretch my ends seem a lot thinner than my roots, I think it has less to do w/ JBCO and more to do w/ our natural hair being thick which makes the relaxed hair look thinner. Do you think you're using too much product? that could be a reason why it looks weighed down and thin... I think if you're not seeing a lot of shedding then you're okay...

I just apply it to my scalp with my applicator bottle. Then i massage it in. And then i apply some to my ends....im thinking maybe its just that bc i do stretch my relaxers that maybe i'm so used to all that thickness being there.

Maybe its hairnorexia:grin:

Okay...so i've been using JBCO since last year....and it seriously helped thicken up my hair and helped my scrawny V-shape grow out to a slight V-shape...almost a U-shape.....

But now...i dunno if its because i'm only 4 weeks post....but my ends seem so skinny...and when i wash my hair the length feels so thin...but my scalp is covered in hair.

So i'm wondering if my hair is going through some kind of growing phase.

Maybe i'm jus worrying for no reason:perplexed

I don' have excessive shedding or anything....its just my length seems so thin for some reason....even when i flatiron it and style it it looks so piecey. But when i get to 8 weeks post and beyond my hair becomes extremely thick and hard to deal with. It really caught my attention when i wore my hair half up the other day and the very long part of my hair seemed so thin and my nape hair was piecey and BSL....i'm sticking to my JBCO tho!!!

Maybe it'll thicken up again?

is jbco different from the normal organic Castor oil? if so, whats the difference, and where can i get some jbco from?:yep:

I recently purchased some Olde Jamaica Black Castor Oil with Tea Tree Oil. Looking for something to soothe my scalp. I have read so much about JBCO on the boards, I hope I like it.

Can you purchase JBCO at your local BSS?

This stuff makes my NG super thick...so yes my ends seem very skimpy when I'm deep in the stretch, but it all evens out once I relax

Back