For relaxed ladies BSL and beyond

onejamifan

Hey ladies, I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed before, but I wanted to know what relaxer y'all are using. I am thinking about what relaxer to go with on my next touch up about 6 weeks from now and would love to get some feedback :)

The lady who had been relaxing my hair for the past year or so (I'm going to go back to my old one on my next touch up) had been using a Motions relaxer and I feel it thinned out my hair. My last touch up was Phytorelaxer Index 2 and I was not too happy with the results. I don't remeber what brand my old stylist used, but I think it had lye in it.

Any suggestions you ladies have will be greatly appreciated!!!

I've used Revlon Realistic Regular Lye for MANY years with no problem. Since, I prefer my hair texlaxed, I just cut the processing time in half.

It's been asked...but no problem :yep:. I've used Design Essentials for several yrs. but my stylist recently switched to Straight Request. She said she loves it and SIL said she can stretch longer, but I haven't had my retouch yet.

I have afffirm sensitive scalp at my ends. I have been using affirm lye for about 3 years now. The sensitive scalp was very drying/Calcium buildup, and I have been trying to grow my hair out and simultaneously trim it away. It is the first relaxer I have ever had in my life without having damage issues.

Back