Focus on God

HeChangedMyName

God dropped this little nugget in my spirit and I thought I'd be obedient and share. We have to get away from focusing on "people" and what they say, so, believe, or don't believe. If we keep our gaze fixed on God and submit fully to him, then he will guide us where we need to be and to do what we need to do. For every moment we waste worrying about the storm and winds around us rather than focusing on Jesus, is one moment that we could have been out on the water enjoying Jesus, rather than begging and pleading ffor something.

“For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, everything got started in Him and finds it’s purpose in Him.” Colossians 1:16

“For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.” Mathew 16:25

"We must focus on Jesus, the source and goal of our faith. He saw the joy ahead of him, so he endured death on the cross and ignored the disgrace it brought him. Then he received the highest position in heaven, the one next to the throne of God." Hebrew 12:2

Matthew 14
22 Immediately Jesus made His disciples get into the boat and go before Him to the other side, while He sent the multitudes away. 23 And when He had sent the multitudes away, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray. Now when evening came, He was alone there. 24 But the boat was now in the middle of the sea, tossed by the waves, for the wind was contrary.
25 Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea. 26 And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out for fear.
27 But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.”
28 And Peter answered Him and said, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.”
29 So He said, “Come.” And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. 30 But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!”
31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” 32 And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.
33 Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.”

BeautifulFlower

Thank you for this post. It's so easy for us to be distracted and lose faith that God can, will and does defy odds and circumstances everyday. Peter fall becAuse he began to you his own logic and reasoning. Though Jesus was guiding him, protecting him, giving him what he asked in faith, he looked at his surrounding and determined that logically this isn't possible. He operated mentally in the flesh and crashed.

This reminds of the story of Ruth and Orpah. Orpah followed logic and return to her homeland to find another husband. Logically it made sense. She went where her odds were highest to find a husband. But Ruth, knowing that going with Naomi back to Bethelhem would result in a small/slim chance of finding a husband, she remained with Naomi to follow God and have a new people. As a result she found Boaz, who was wealthy and was apart of the lineage of Jesus. Her faith over her logic took her further than she could see at the time.

Ms.Honey

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Pro 3:6 In ALL thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Pro 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Pro 3:8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

Jesus is our source. He's omniscient, we are not. We have to acknowledge (seek His counsel) HIM in everything we do before we do it and let Jesus be our guide not our own wisdom and interpretation. Worrying about the outcome when He directs us does hinder us and delays our blessings.

Last edited: