Flat Twist Out - Naturals: How do you do them?

NIK

Twist Out are a great style for the summer. I have found that mine come out better when I flat twist them out. Also, I found that they come out better when my hair is straighter to minimize frizz and create more length.

What are the steps you perform to do your flat twist out? What products do you use? How long do you keep the twist in to have a good twist out? What are the results (pictures would be great)?

Thank you!

ladytee2

I have only done flat twist twice only in the front. I was inspired by LynnB's fotki. I didnt take any pictures sorry. I used shea butter and castor oil. I did not do a twist out. I think I will cowash tonight and where twist Friday, Saturday and twist out for sunday and Monday. Oh Im sorry this isnt the "its Friday what are you doing with your hair thread". :blush:

I agree. I had the best twist out yesterday. The night before last, I parted my washed, blowdryed and warm pressed hair into four sections, added ojon conditioner, tri wheat leave-in and sealed with coconut oil. Okay, actually I loose braided these but usually I flat twist. It came out so soft and bouncy--but held its' shape ALL DAY. Tonight I'm going to flat twist.