Flat Iron Temperature

tiredbeauty

I keep reading posts and watching you tube videos about how to get that silky, movable flat ironed hair, but among all the good tips that are given (than you ladies) I also keep reading and hearing "use the temp that is right for your hair type"...how did you figure out which temp worked for you with just one pass?

and calling all type 4's! Give me temp that worked for you or at least a range, because I haven't flat ironed my hair since I began my journey and when I flat ironed my hair prior to realizing I was supremely screwing up my hair health and retention...I used it at its highest temp :blush:

pookaloo83

I believe someone said something like start at one temp. If you feel like your hair is not getting straight enough, go to the next highest temp until you find what works for you.

westNDNbeauty

yup! what pook said!

everyone's hair is diff. that's the number one reason I don't let anyone else put heat to my hair. only i know how much heat my hair can take and how quick that pass needs to be. letting anyone else do it is asking for a 'misunderstanding'.

make sure your hair is well deep conditioned. this minimizes chances of heat damage.