***FIRST TIME USING WEN***

Drtondalia

So I used my WEN Cleansing Conditioner in Fig Saturday and I am in love!!
My hair was in six big braids going straight back for almost four weeks. (I only wash once a month and I co-wash & DC over the braids once a week) I had all kinds of buildup on my scalp and in my hair but the Cleansing Conditioner washed it all away. It left my hair feeling soft and light. I want to say bouncy even. I felt like I could really have a nice wash-n-go with this. Right now I'm using half wigs and lace fronts but I think I may try a wash-n-go after I take out this set of braids (had to do seven this time).

Just wanted to say thanks to all those that suggested WEN.

I paid about 38 dollars with shipping and from the amount I used it looks like I may get about five or six washes out of it. Can I buy it anywhere cheaper than this??

I am also going to try the Sally version to see how I like it.

Question:

Should I have DC'd after using this product? My hair didn't feel like it needed it.

Last edited:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I want to try WEN, but price is killing me if I do actually like/don't like it. The Hair One Olive Oil was decent. Hated the Jojoba

adw425

I recently bit the bullet and purchased the WEN Fig. I got it on Ebay, so I paid about $10.00 less than I would have. It is wonderful. I love it, but while it performs better than the Hair One Argan Oil, it does not perform better than the Hair One Jojoba oil for me. I have used it a lot over the last six weeks and it has barely made a dent in the bottle. It is very thick.

gennatay

I'm using WEN Tea Tree and so far I think it's ok. I recently BC and co-wash with it 2-3 times a week. It does cleanse and condition well. Maybe I'll be able to see a big difference once my hair grows out a bit more.

Drtondalia

I recently bit the bullet and purchased the WEN Fig. I got it on Ebay, so I paid about $10.00 less than I would have. It is wonderful. I love it, but while it performs better than the Hair One Argan Oil, it does not perform better than the Hair One Jojoba oil for me. I have used it a lot over the last six weeks and it has barely made a dent in the bottle. It is very thick.

What is the sellers name on Ebay???

MrJohnsonsRib

Is this the WEN that has all the infomercials on at night with different hair types getting the marvelous reuslts? If so are you ladies using the whole line or just certain parts of it? Oh I am starting to get kinda anxious. Could this be my hair's soulmate? Feeling like playing matchmaker...

Toy

Is this the WEN that has all the infomercials on at night with different hair types getting the marvelous reuslts? If so are you ladies using the whole line or just certain parts of it? Oh I am starting to get kinda anxious. Could this be my hair's soulmate? Feeling like playing matchmaker...

Yes This is the Product with all the infomercials,I only use the cleansing conditioner and I love it!!

lala89

I'd really like to try wen. My sister used it and loved it and we have very similar hair tendencies so I'm sure I would benefit from it as well. The price is a bit excessive though considering my heavy handed-ness. Is there anyone beyond waistlength that uses wen that can chime in if its worth the cost?

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
You don't have to DC with another product, just use the Wen. It's an all purpose product and can be left on for as long as you want as a DC.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I'm using WEN Tea Tree and so far I think it's ok. I recently BC and co-wash with it 2-3 times a week. It does cleanse and condition well. Maybe I'll be able to see a big difference once my hair grows out a bit more.

In my opinion, Fig is the best formula for women of color, relaxed or natural.

Drtondalia

I only use the cleansing conditioner so far but it works like a dream.

Jewell

Wow, glad you had good results! I've never used WEN, but I do use Lisa Rachel Cleansing Conditioner (think Hair One Cleansing Cond)...which is significantly cheaper and with same or better results. I also like that Lisa Rachel has like 5-6 diff varieties for diff types of hair (damaged, dry, color-treated, permed, etc). Yah, I know LR got the idea from WEN...lol

Oh, and the Lisa Rachel for me is DA TRUTH, esp. the one for dry, damaged hair (tho mine isn't)...it has tea tree oil which gives a heavenly tingle to my scalp all over. :spinning: (Not to highjack the thread but I mentioned Lisa Rachel and Hair ONE for those who can't afford WEN).

Last edited: