First ever relaxer ruined hair; help?!

Baldingb

Hello ladies!

So here's the scoop: two months ago I made the terrible decision to try and relax the crown of my head which was considerably unruly/frizzy due to bleaching.

My hair is very fine, but not THIN, if that makes any sort of sense. According the the texture scale I'm a mostly 3b with 3c parts. I'm biracial, white mother, black father.

To continue, I followed the directions quite carefully. I applied it all around the crown of my head, from ear to ear, after rubbing the balm on my scalp. I then smoothed in the no-lye relaxer, and left on for 15 mins. No burning or tingling whatsoever.

When I went to rinse it out, I used the clarifying shampoo, and that's when HUGE clumps of hair began falling out. For three days, I had hair falling out.

I'd attach a photo if I knew how.

The sides and top of my head were practically bald, if not for some peach fuzz. Some parts just broke off.

It's been two months since then and the crown hair that has grown normally is about 2 inches now. However some parts are still what looks and feels to be clearly bald, and on other spots that visibly look bald, I can feel tiny hairs. (Note: my edges are usually blonde, so maybe I just can't see the blonde parts because they are so short?)

Anywho, my hair looks CRAZY; the longest portions are at my armpit, and the shortest stick up at 2 inches covering some bald spots. I've been wearing my hair natural to hide the disproportions as the volume covers the bald spots. Nothing I've been able to do about the different lengths though, except hats and hairbands. UGH!

I know it's difficult to judge how much irreversible damage has occurred without pictures (I'll try to post some later using my laptop), but any ideas as to how serious this is?

Will the bald spots grow back, and if so, what should I expect?

I've been doing hot olive oil treatments and co-washing but I'm thinking of just throwing in the towel and doing a Big Chop.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
If you were relaxing hair that had been bleached, that's the problem.

Ditto

Ur hair will grow back but u need to baby your hair and scalp. But some castor oil on the scalp if there are no open sores. Stay away from heat and chemicals.

Do protein followed by moisture conditioner very week.

Use a fortifying leave in

Moisturize and seal every day!

And don't ever do this again. :(

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I'm sorry this is happening to you! Order some bhringraj/maka oil and apply it to your scalp on a regular basis. Do you have some left over neuatrslizing poo? If so, thoroughly cleanse to get those calcium deposits out of your hair. You may need to go buy some.

You're going to have to pick your poison! Bleach/color or relaxer, there's not many ladies who can do both w/o suffering.

Follow The directions from the other posters about conditioning and pampering your hair.

Good luck!

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF