Fine Textured Relaxed Hair and I am Finally Heat Free!!!!

bajanplums1

This may not impress many of you ladies who have been heat free for years with great success. But I have failed miserably at being sans heat. Each air dry left my hair
* crispy
* crunchy
* tangled
* breaking
* shedding

I honestly believed airdrying could only work for those with a looser curl pattern.

Well NO MORE, tonight I inadvertently mastered airdrying my 4a fine textured, tight kinked, relaxed hair.

* Washed with Frederic Fekkai Protein Rx poo--love it bc so gentle and tons of proteins neede for my fine, easy to break strands.

* Conditioned for 3 hours with Super 10 en 1 (I was doing a massive apartment cleaning and did not want to stop to rinse the conditioner out).

* Applied my triple threat leave ins (silicone serum, mousse, conditioner)

* Just let the hair drip dry, no combing nothing

When my hair dried there was shrinkage, but when I combed it--NO TANGLES, NO FRIZZ, NO BREAKAGE

* Sectioned, applied grease to scalp, applied QP Elasta Recovery to each section of hair and then put in roller by roller.

Took the rollers out: hair was SMOOTH, SHINY and had BOOOUNCE.

SO: I will no longer be using my blow dryer or flat iron to manage my hair in 2006. Hopefully, this will carry me to armpit by Dec. 06!

Lorraine S

Wow;
Thats great I always had problems with air drying to. After my hair air dry it also left my hair as you describe.
Did you apply a generous amount of condtioners?
Also after you comb it wet, you no longer touched it, meaning no ponytails or anything?
Ive been trying to master this method of air drying as well
Lorraine

bajanplums1 said:
This may not impress many of you ladies who have been heat free for years with great success. But I have failed miserably at being sans heat. Each air dry left my hair
* crispy
* crunchy
* tangled
* breaking
* shedding

I honestly believed airdrying could only work for those with a looser curl pattern.

Well NO MORE, tonight I inadvertently mastered airdrying my 4a fine textured, tight kinked, relaxed hair.

* Washed with Frederic Fekkai Protein Rx poo--love it bc so gentle and tons of proteins neede for my fine, easy to break strands.

* Conditioned for 3 hours with Super 10 en 1 (I was doing a massive apartment cleaning and did not want to stop to rinse the conditioner out).

* Applied my triple threat leave ins (silicone serum, mousse, conditioner)

* Just let the hair drip dry, no combing nothing

When my hair dried there was shrinkage, but when I combed it--NO TANGLES, NO FRIZZ, NO BREAKAGE

* Sectioned, applied grease to scalp, applied QP Elasta Recovery to each section of hair and then put in roller by roller.

Took the rollers out: hair was SMOOTH, SHINY and had BOOOUNCE.

SO: I will no longer be using my blow dryer or flat iron to manage my hair in 2006. Hopefully, this will carry me to armpit by Dec. 06!

baglady215

Congrats! I've finally mastered airdrying too... I need LOTS of product. Leave in, grease on ends, etc.

But you rollerset your dry hair? I may try this!

bajanplums1

Lorraine S said:
Wow;
Thats great I always had problems with air drying to. After my hair air dry it also left my hair as you describe.
Did you apply a generous amount of condtioners?
Also after you comb it wet, you no longer touched it, meaning no ponytails or anything?
Ive been trying to master this method of air drying as well
Lorraine
Hi,

I applied the same amount of conditioner as normal, but I am always heavy handed with the super 10 en 1. I literally saturate my hair. The difference this time I think was that I left the conditioner on for 3 hours. When I took the plastic cap off, the conditioner had disappeared completely and there was water in the cap.

WHen I rinsed, I combed it back. Then I applied my 3 leave ins. Then I just let it dry, no ponytail nothing, just kept cleaning the house.

When it was bone dry, I sectioned it and combed, no problems, no snags and it came out straight. I then applied QP Elasta Recovery moisturizer to each section, put some grease on my scalp, then put a roller in that section and repeated for each section--total 20 rollers.

I let the QP Elasta Recovery moisturizer absorb, then took to roller out and it was like I had used heat, but it was softer and BOUNCIER.

Hope I answered your questions.

divinefavor

Thank you for sharing this! I'm glad to see there is hope for my fine strands, I may have to try your technique.

Isis

I haven't tried airdrying my hair loose, just with rollersets so thanks for sharing your technique. Congratulations on your success!

sareca

Well, you've certainly given me some food for thought. I just took my braids out and my hair air dried beautifully, for the first time ever. I always deep condition (w/ heat) while in braids, but my hair didn't air dry well when I took them out. It looked good, but wasn't very soft (at least not compared to now). In restrospect, I think my hair was just too dry (or protein laden) to air dry properly. I think the deep conditioning sessions had a cumulative effect. It never occurred to me that one 3 hour session would have the same effect as a bunch of shorter ones. Hmmm.

CinnaMocha

It's wonderful that you found a way to air dry and not have any issues! The only thing about air drying is that it takes time, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Keep it up!