1 Month Heat Free and Happier than Ever

bajanplums1

Ladies (especially Isis) Thank you!

My hair reached shoulder length since January of this year. But it would not seem to move past the shoulders. I decided that I have to cut out the heat once and for all. It has been great. My hair is softer, shinier, full of body.

My hair is 4b fine textured and relaxed. I realized the reason I failed at airdrying before is because I did not have a good moisturizing conditioner.

Here is the regimen

1- clarify once a week with tressemme vitamin c poo (2 min)
2- wash with elucence moisture benefits (3 min)
3- deep condition with paul mitchell super charged (30 min)
4- rinse
5- apply elucence moisture balancing as a leave in after dividing hair in 4 sections
6- allow to drip dry, do not comb (my hair dries so FULL) (2 hours)
7- apply elucence moisture balancing conditioner mixed with jojoba oil and a bit of infusium to each section before placing in magnetic rollers (40 min)
8-go to bed

The next day the hair is perfect. I am so happy. I am not stretching over the summer because the hair is growing too fast (I think because of the supplements)

I'm going to update my fotki this weekend once I get my camera from my boyfriend's house.

OneInAMillion

Congrats!

I know it's hard to go without heat :clapping: . I'm trying to get where you are...I just ended 3 weeks no heat yesterday. Thanks for adding your regimine too!

Kimberly

I've been on here night and day looking for some positive "no heat" stories because I am struggling with it...yours is GREAT...and thanks for including your regimen!

HighlyFavored1

Hm, sounds like a nice plan! I've never tried rolling airdryed hair...I always set under the dryer. But how did you sleep with all those rollers in your head without feeling like the pins might be ripping at your hair if you moved around while sleeping, and how did you sleep comfortably?

danimani

Sounds like you're doing well! I, too, have cut out heat, and surpringsly, I don't miss it! I used to avoid water like the plague because I was afraid of getting my hair wet and having to blow dry it. Now it doesn't bother me that much.

Isis

bajanplums1 said:
Ladies (especially Isis) Thank you!

My hair reached shoulder length since January of this year. But it would not seem to move past the shoulders. I decided that I have to cut out the heat once and for all. It has been great. My hair is softer, shinier, full of body.

My hair is 4b fine textured and relaxed. I realized the reason I failed at airdrying before is because I did not have a good moisturizing conditioner.

Here is the regimen

1- clarify once a week with tressemme vitamin c poo (2 min)
2- wash with elucence moisture benefits (3 min)
3- deep condition with paul mitchell super charged (30 min)
4- rinse
5- apply elucence moisture balancing as a leave in after dividing hair in 4 sections
6- allow to drip dry, do not comb (my hair dries so FULL) (2 hours)
7- apply elucence moisture balancing conditioner mixed with jojoba oil and a bit of infusium to each section before placing in magnetic rollers (40 min)
8-go to bed

The next day the hair is perfect. I am so happy. I am not stretching over the summer because the hair is growing too fast (I think because of the supplements)

I'm going to update my fotki this weekend once I get my camera from my boyfriend's house.
Congratulations Bajanplums1! I'm so glad no-heat is working for you! I love your regimen too. :yep:

Aquamarie

Congratulations. I didn't realize it but I'll be completely no heat for one month this Thursday. Jeez it feels so much longer. I'm glad it's working for you and I can't wait to see the pics.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Bajanplums, I'm glad that I was able to let go of my dependency on heat too. When I first attempted to go without heat, I didn't think I could do it because I felt I needed to use the irons every morning to add some type of curl or life to my hair. Luckily I have a supportive boyfriend, and he told me that I don't neeeed curling irons. Since I've gotten home from school in early May, I have only used heat on my head maybe 3 times in a 2 month period. I'm so happy that I'm able to do this and rollers are my new best friend :-D

bajanplums1

HighlyFavored1 said:
Hm, sounds like a nice plan! I've never tried rolling airdryed hair...I always set under the dryer. But how did you sleep with all those rollers in your head without feeling like the pins might be ripping at your hair if you moved around while sleeping, and how did you sleep comfortably?

I only sleep on my left or right side, so I position the rollers so I an rest my head comfortably.

jrae

bajanplums1 said:

How many weeks are you going to go between relaxing if you're not going to 'stretch'?

tenderheaded

Congrats:lol: It feels good, doesn't it? I went heat free 4/19 and I don't miss it! I think spiders have taken up residence in my blowdryer:eek:

I pre poo with Suave, wash with Motions Lavish Moisture or CON, then deep con with Silk Elements or ORS RP. I leave in Salerm 21, Silk Elements, or Loreal Mermade.

Let's keep the heat down:lachen: :lachen: