Finding products mentioned here in the UK

alarafan

I have just joined the forum and I am trying to establish a hair-care regimen.

I looked at the newbie threads and tried to stock up on a few of the basic products which were highly recommended.

So I wrote a list with the products i would need and a list with a few options. I must admit the area I live does not have many big hair shops but I went into 3 'black hair' shops and none of them had anything.

Clarifying Shampoo;I could not find any clarifying shampoo in the afro hair shops, so I got some from Superdrug in the end (Herbal Essences)

moisturising shampoo; I looked for the following
Kenra Moisturising shampoo; Keracare Hydrating; Elucence; Elasta QP creme conditioning shampoo; Deep Brilliance; Jason sea kelp.
In the end I did not get anything

moisturising conditioner; I looked for Kenra; Humetco; Proline; Aveda.
I could only find Motions

leave in conditioner. I looked for Razac, Deep Brilliance, Bioage; Arosci; bumble&bumble; Elasta QP recovery - In the end I bougt Motions again.

Am I going to have to order online or travel to a big city in order to find any of the products talked about on the forum ?

Last edited:
Where in the UK do you live?

I live in London and PAK in Finsbury Park stock Keracare, Nexxuss, Elasta QP, Aphogee, ORS, Phyto Specific, Le Kair, Lustrasilk and a LOT of other lines. Biolage, you can get from a store further up Stroud Green Road (which is where Pak is located). Jason, I think you should check online e.g. amazon... I went to the Vitality show earlier this year and there was a stand that sold Jason and Giovanni products, I can't remember the name of the company...

I have just joined the forum and I am trying to establish a hair-care regimen.

I looked at the newbie threads and tried to stock up on a few of the basic products which were highly recommended.

So I wrote a list with the products i would need and a list with a few options. I must admit the area I live does not have many big hair shops but I went into 3 'black hair' shops and none of them had anything.

Clarifying Shampoo;I could not find any clarifying shampoo in the afro hair shops, so I got some from Superdrug in the end (Herbal Essences)

moisturising shampoo; I looked for the following
Kenra Moisturising shampoo; Keracare Hydrating; Elucence; Elasta QP creme conditioning shampoo; Deep Brilliance; Jason sea kelp.
In the end I did not get anything

moisturising conditioner; I looked for Kenra; Humetco; Proline; Aveda.
I could only find Motions

leave in conditioner. I looked for Razac, Deep Brilliance, Bioage; Arosci; bumble&bumble; Elasta QP recovery - In the end I bougt Motions again.

Am I going to have to order online or travel to a big city in order to find any of the products talked about on the forum ?

Last edited:
Ala-- I just moved from Newmarket, and there are a couple of black hair salons near you in Lakenheath and Mildenhall. I know they carry Keracare products because I have purchased them there. Depending on where exactly you are, it may be closer for you to just go to London. There are also a few places in Cambridge that carry Keracare. I've never been there, but you can try "Vanity" hair salon.

You can get the Jason stuff in any heath food or alternative shop. Bumble & Bumble you should be able to get in Boots.

Last edited:
I feel you, alarafan- you are not going to find many of these products in "mainstream" stores such as Boots, Tesco or Superdrug. Are you relaxed or natural? If relaxed - where do you get touch-ups done? I ask because many hair salons often sell hair products as well.
As the ladies have suggested - head for Paks, they also have an online store and delivery service.

Back