FHI RUNWAY

its 255 with free shipping at folica.com with the get 15 promotion code. also this deal is good until monday.....LOL now i have more time to talk this over w/myself!!!

Do you know if this includes the 1 year warranty? TIA

I just ordered from Darving123 .. I told myself I would not until Christmas.. but this is a STEAL

I hate seeing a good deal after I have already bought the item. I got mine with the Pink Corset deal for $290 w/ free shipping(which I have just received), now I feel extra salty.

I know the feeling. I was just about to purchase from Pink Corset but when I kept going back to the thread, people were complaining about being charged 1 month ago and the item not being shipped.

I guess this happened with the Pibbs deal also.

I think it is worth the money, especially if you are a DIYer like me. Since I dont spend money in the salon I really didnt hesitate on spending money on a good tool.

Nikki did you flat iron your own hair in your siggy pic at 8 months post? It's lovely!

ITA. I am a DIYer and that's how I justify spending the money on appliances. I would have spent more than this at the salon between DD and I.

Yes, I did flat iron my hair in the 8 months post picture. I used my Solia.
I am 10.5 months post now. Thank you for the compliment.
Your hair is FABULOUS BTW.

Last edited:
Sucks for me. :nono: I liked the first deal better and didn't order from the second vendor. I live in Cali so I'd have to pay that 9.25% sales tax for the first one. That's almost $30 more.

Kimiche, would any of the other deals work for you?
The 1st deal with the shipping is $248. So paying $249 from Haircloset or $255 from Folica would be better since you wouldn't have to pay for shipping or taxes.

A gentleman from HairCloset.com called me a few minutes ago. My flat iron will be shipped out today. He was telling me I got a very good deal. I told him I was happy about it. He said after today, the price would be $379. So ladies, if you can get it today, it'll be a great deal.

It's a great deal. My flat iron has shipped out already. They emailed me the tracking number. It was originally $379 on their ebay page. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and work out a deal for the forum. I am happy that people have been able to take advantage of the deal.

I guess I should have asked you about the flat iron dying out since you would use it more than most people.
How long have you had your flat iron? Have you had any problems with it?
I love my FHI and I use it way more that someone who would use it for flatironing their own hair. I have 2. One is about 3 years old and the other is less than a year old.

The one I have always loved out of the two is the older version. It's more sturdy and it seems like it glides better through the hair. Maybe its just me. I have dropped it a million times and even though I did damage it, it never stopped working on me.

Now the newer one. I am not pleased at all because I only dropped it like 3 times and it broke on me. The warranty doesn't cover it because it's damage and not a defect (it rattles). The newer flatiron doesn't seem to glide as smoothly as the older one and the plates get dirty faster than the old one. Where is the philosophy, if it ain't broke don't fix it? Why did they have to go and try to improve upon perfection. Don't get we wrong while the newer one was working it got the job done and did it really well but for me to spend $250 on and iron and it is that fragile that it can't take a couple of drops pissed me off. I am still trying to think of ways I can get it replaced without having to drop another $250. I would even be willing to get it repaired. Ok. So you all asked and there you go!!

Vent over! :grin:

its 255 with free shipping at folica.com with the get 15 promotion code. also this deal is good until monday.....LOL now i have more time to talk this over w/myself!!!

Thank you so much for this. I took the plunge and ordered it from Folica. I would've been punished for living in Cali. by paying sales tax for the iron if I bought it from Darving123. :rolleyes:

Thank you so much for this. I took the plunge and ordered it from Folica. I would've been punished for living in Cali. by paying sales tax for the iron if I bought it from Darving123. :rolleyes:

I had just posted a comment asking was it possible to order from folica or haircloset instead. I am glad it worked out for you. Congratulations!

Kimiche, would any of the other deals work for you?
The 1st deal with the shipping is $248. So paying $249 from Haircloset or $255 from Folica would be better since you wouldn't have to pay for shipping or taxes.

:grin: I just saw this post girl. Thanks. I hope this iron works out better for me than the previous ones that I bought.

Last edited:
I think it is worth the money, especially if you are a DIYer like me. Since I dont spend money in the salon I really didnt hesitate on spending money on a good tool.

:yep:

ITA. I'm a DIY'er as well and I'm ready to purchase a new flat iron. I LOVE my Pibbs so I'll be watching the FHI threads closely.

Lawd, why Am I still thinking of ways to justify buying this iron. Can anyone post some results on natural 4b hair:look:

i think this going to be on my christmas/bday list along with a hair steamer, some bkt, curlformer, and few more hair lotions and puddings.

I love my FHI and I use it way more that someone who would use it for flatironing their own hair. I have 2. One is about 3 years old and the other is less than a year old.

The one I have always loved out of the two is the older version. It's more sturdy and it seems like it glides better through the hair. Maybe its just me. I have dropped it a million times and even though I did damage it, it never stopped working on me.

Now the newer one. I am not pleased at all because I only dropped it like 3 times and it broke on me. The warranty doesn't cover it because it's damage and not a defect (it rattles). The newer flatiron doesn't seem to glide as smoothly as the older one and the plates get dirty faster than the old one. Where is the philosophy, if it ain't broke don't fix it? Why did they have to go and try to improve upon perfection. Don't get we wrong while the newer one was working it got the job done and did it really well but for me to spend $250 on and iron and it is that fragile that it can't take a couple of drops pissed me off. I am still trying to think of ways I can get it replaced without having to drop another $250. I would even be willing to get it repaired. Ok. So you all asked and there you go!!

Vent over! :grin:

hey dsd, so you say the runway one is super fragile? which older version do you have? lol i got 2 more days to decide:lachen:

Do you know if this includes the 1 year warranty? TIA

Brand:FHI
Package/Size:1"
Power:30 W
Voltage:120
Item No:000251
Model No:FHI260R
Weight:1.3 lbs

FHI Heat Runway Flat Iron is a professional ceramic tourmaline styling iron with Nano-Fuzeion Technology.
Features and Benefits:

Six layers of hand-made, pure ceramic plates that are treated with tourmaline to produce 20 times more moisture-locking negative ions than other irons
Patented integrated ceramic heating system provides virtual instantaneous heat recovery
Widest temperature range in the industry 140-450 degrees Fahrenheit
Ideal for all hair types
Allows for damp to dry capabilities
Floating and beveled plates are perfect for creating curls, waves, flips and ringlets
Gentle for infrared heat and low electromagnetic field prevents damage to the hair
Nano-Fuzeion Technology produces unmatched conditioning and shine
Made in Korea
1 year warranty

here is what the website said

:pics: Wanna see:detective: if your hair gets straight like:locks: or :click::gorgeous:

I'm not buying a new flatiron my current FHI is the bidness:sekret:

^^ A pink FHI Platform :love: these threads are really not helping my PJ-ism, I flat iron every week and they're trying to say its better than the platform. I will NOT be assimilated :assimilat I'm hoping since I haven't seen any outstanding pics I can't justify this :lol:

You guys have me hoping that my CHI stops working just so I have an excuse to get the Runway. I am going to try to hold off a little longer...:perplexed

Back