feels like more new growth @7 weeks this time

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I started letting my hair down when I got home from work everyday and putting it under my satin cap(to keep protected) . I did this to let it "rest" alittle from the protective styling each day. I had a little breakage in some spots from frequent wearing of protective styles.

I think that the "extra" new growth I feel is b/c my hair has been less-restricted. I do remember a chic in high school showing me how much more new growth she had in her bangs than the rest of her hair which she wore back frequently. Just food for thought ladies...

Luv Ya!

tekmommie

Good for you Supergirl!

This is interesting, my bangs DO seem to grow faster (they aren't long enough to get in my protective style, yet)...hmmmmm. I get breakage if I wear protective styles too often, maybe the texture of my hair I don't know.

Luv ya back!!

Allandra

I do the same. I have been letting my hair down once I get home from work for a while now. However, I usually bun it very loosely and cover with a satin bonnet or scarf prior to going to bed.

kandyland

Thanks supergirl.....what I've learned is too much of anything is not a good thing....

too much exercise = overexertion.....
too much salt = high blood pressure
too much sugar = diabetes
too much wrapping = thin ends
too much vitamin A = hair loss

and on and on and on.

I've roller wrapped my hair constantly since I was in 12th grade....and for years I couldn't figure out why my hair wasn't growing or why I always had to cut my hair cuz the ends were thin. Since finding this board everything is looking clear to me....I'm thinking no wonder my hair was so thick up until the 12th grade.......because I always wore a bun or some kind of up do....24/7.

Saying all that to say.....thanks supergirl......It seems I'll just have to switch up the protective hair styles here and there to prevent breakage.

debyjay

Yea, I do proctetive styles for work and comb out my hair as soon as I get home.I also don't do up do's on the weekends, I just let my hair be. I don't cover it till bed time and every night before I shower I mango butter with a lil olive and castor oil my ends -- the steam from the shower helps it to penetrate and makes my hair super soft. I think this combo has helped my hair a lot.

azul11

yeah my hair shed less when my hair was down more often. go figure. sometimes the rules dont always apply to everyone and like the saying goes what works for some may not work for others. God bless you all.

Jade21

Hi, Supergirl!

You said:"I think that the "extra" new growth I feel is b/c my hair has been less-restricted."

I know what you said is true. Your hair appreciates variety! Sometime, if you are feeling bold, leave the satin cap alone and let your scalp enjoy the air circulating.

Much Love,

Jade

Peachez2503

[ QUOTE ]
I started letting my hair down when I got home from work everyday and putting it under my satin cap(to keep protected) . I did this to let it "rest" alittle from the protective styling each day. I had a little breakage in some spots from frequent wearing of protective styles.

I think that the "extra" new growth I feel is b/c my hair has been less-restricted. I do remember a chic in high school showing me how much more new growth she had in her bangs than the rest of her hair which she wore back frequently. Just food for thought ladies...

Luv Ya!

[/ QUOTE ]
This time I have soo much new growth in the back and not as much in the front, but the front of my hair still grows faster. Also Congratualtions!!!