Feeling discouraged. Am I the only one with fine/thin hair?

FeelinIt

missyT said:
It is so easy to say to yourself that you should be happy with what God gave you but sometimes I ask myself why couldn't I have been given thicker hair! My hair is natural and very very fine; the strands are fine and snap easily and I have thin hair overall. Not to mention my problem sides that just don't seem to grow. I just do not know what to do to make the most of my hair so I usually just keep it covered i.e in extentions.
My hair is so important to me (and I guess most of you ladies out there too) and that's why it affects me so much that I have thin hair.

Is there anybody else who feels like this and what do you do to your hair?

GIRL you must be in my head!!! I have NEVER had a strong urge to cut off all of my hair but this is the day!

I took my hair down from the partial weave I placed in and my hair was just soo thin and sparse. I would LOVE to wear my hair out and not depend on weaves and wigs but I don't know what else to do.

I try to love what I have but I don't see it. I really don't like my hair....
So sweetie I feel you.

But on the flip side, your hair can be healthy but for us it takes a lot of work, A LOT.

Don't do anything to it but wash, condition, trims, moisturize and keep it protected. Styles are just not an option for me at this point as they don't hold any.

Try wigs, weaves, buns, and anything that will keep you from manipulating your hair.

There is a girl on here that was able to grow here hair from thin and sparse to bra in about 2-3 years. Yeah that's long but she did it. YOu have to have a starting place.

We can be PM buddies and note each others progress...