Fasting From Wrong Thinking

discobiscuits

This feeling seems to be going around LHCF a lot recently esp those with family in Haiti. This may help:

Today's Thought : I'm overwhelmed
Feeling overwhelmed? Today's fast from wrong thinking is for you! Were fasting today from the thought: "I'm overwhelmed". And the thoughts that go with it: "This will take forever. I've got too much to do. This is too much for me to take. There isn't enough time. I can't take it anymore."

These thoughts have to go! Today! How?

First, everything you see in this world was created in 6 days. God is in the business of getting things done, and getting them done fast. EXPECT HIS HELP TODAY. You can't do it alone.

Most people don't understand what Jesus meant when He said, "Take My yoke upon you..."

A yoke is a harness or instrument placed upon TWO oxen. It causes them to plow together, so that when one gets weak or OVERWHELMED, he can continue to be pulled by the other. When we feel overwhelmed we need to TAKE HIS YOKE. That means: He is attached to us, and will help carry the load. Of course, He ends up doing most of the carrying, so:

1. Cast your cares upon Him. He will care for you. (1 Peter 5:7.) How? Be honest. Tell him what's wrong (what's up). Ask Him to carry it for you. Believe that He will.

2. See yourself attached to Him (yoked to Him). He holds you up.

3. Begin to believe that you can handle anything. BELIEVE THIS TODAY. You can handle anything. Mark 9:23 "All things are possible for those who believe."

4. Think it. I can handle anything today, because I am yoked to Jesus.

5. Say it. I can handle anything today, because I am yoked to Jesus.

Well, this is our third day of "fasting from wrong thinking". I want you to realize something. We're developing a habit. Stay with me. Give me these 40 days. After 40 days (6 weeks), habits are formed. We're forming the habit of ABSTAINING from negative thinking. When the thought comes back, you can go back to that day's email or the archive on this site. Go over it again, and again.

There a few things that I can honestly say I know are from God. This is one of them. If we will fast from these thoughts daily, we will have lasting change in our lives. I believe God has put on my heart to take this concept to the world. We are raising up an army of people who will think right, therefore live right!

Friends, success or failure in life is created by how you think. Proverbs 23:7 (you'll see me quote this countless times), "As a man thinks, so is he". You are NOT GOING TO FAIL. You are the head and not the tail!

Your friend,
Gregory Dickow

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
This is an excellent archive. It has been helping TREMENDOUSLY with wrong & negative thinking. :yep::up::up: