Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
This is how I want my hair to look everyday. I shingled the heck out of it this morning

Attachments

• image-38605924.jpg
    image-38605924.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 109
  • image-806988394.jpg
    image-806988394.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I did a wash n go today with As I Am Twist Cream on a whim today. I put Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion under it because I didnt have any AIA leave-in. My hair is drying pretty quick, but that may be because the house humidifier died. It turned out pretty well. It is soft. The main issue is that some parts dried white.

ForumRunner_20141205_191728.jpg

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I would love for my hair to look like that "any" day! I love it! How does it feel when it dries?
it's very soft it's not sticky. I was afraid it was going to dry and feel with how much product I used but it didn't. I did smaller sections and used more product than I normally use. I used curls unleashed set it off jelly. I also used their leave-in. I will definitely shingle this way for now on I will try other products in my stash to see if I get the same results.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My wash n gos are awesome now that I follow MHM.I do miss my twists, though. Hair is way too short to do any.:lol:

bronzephoenix

I've been in 2sts under a beanie for the past week. I just can't be bothered lately! But I'm taking them down today.

ckisland

I decided to cowash and let my hair dry naked since I'm planning on DCing and rollersetting tomorrow.

I'm pleasantly surprised with how defined it is and how didn't shrink to my scalp :lachen:. It's so soft and fluffy without any leave-in or even oil :grin:.

20141207_163453.jpg

20141207_163213.jpg

20141207_161012.jpg

ETA:
One thing I kept from my one time of trying the MHM was rinsing with warm water instead of cold. I've been living a lie my whole natural life!!! My hair loves being rinsed with almost hot water! It acts totally differently. I even use warm water to refresh my wash n'go in the morning. My hair ends up staying softer longer and my hair has a smidge less frizz :yep:

Last edited:

oneastrocurlie

I decided to cowash and let my hair dry naked since I'm planning on DCing and rollersetting tomorrow.

I'm pleasantly surprised with how defined it is and how didn't shrink to my scalp :lachen:. It's so soft and fluffy without any leave-in or even oil :grin:.

View attachment 287137

View attachment 287139

View attachment 287141

ETA:
One thing I kept from my one time of trying the MHM was rinsing with warm water instead of cold. I've been living a lie my whole natural life!!! My hair loves being rinsed with almost hot water! It acts totally differently. I even use warm water to refresh my wash n'go in the morning. My hair ends up staying softer longer and my hair has a smidge less frizz :yep:

I never rinse in cold water. I've read that cold rinsing to close the cuticle effect is very temporary.

Karmi

^^^ I always rinse with warm/ hot water as well. My low porosity strands don't need any help staying tightly closed Lol.

All the hair in here still looks fab!

Here's my WnG done yesterday. I've been using castor oil over my leave in (under Eco styler) to combat the dry winter air.

image-567926450.jpg

I'm debating on hiding my hair/protective styling, just so scared of having a set back. I have a hair goal I'm determined to reach by summer 2015.

ETA: Can Simone please tell me how to turn my pics??? So annoying

Last edited:

oneastrocurlie

I did a comparison shot last week. With my shrinkage I have to take pictures to tell its really growing.

Attachments

• compare 2.jpg
    compare 2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 87

Mz.MoMo5235

So.... I know I've been MAI (sorry), but I'm still doing my wng reggie. I havent had my hair rebraided, the last time was such a waste of time and money so its just me and my fro.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I'm looking for a new product for my wash n goes. I want something that is light but defines my curls with no residues. Any suggestions?

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I'm looking for a new product for my wash n goes. I want something that is light but defines my curls with no residues. Any suggestions?
goddess curls is pretty light and doesn't leave a residue. Curls unleashed set it off jelly is heavier but I wouldn't consider it heavy and doesn't leave a residue either. Just saw you other post in random hair thoughts. What makes you think your hair isn't growing. I think your hair is awesome if that means anything. Maybe get a blowout and flat iron so you can see your length. I got mine done on Saturday and my hair was a lot longer than I realized. Is your hair shorter now than when you were relaxed and how long did it take you to grow your hair long when you were relaxed? How long have you been trying to grow your natural hair. Fyi you're someone who I admire hair wise :)

Napp

Ms. Nobody
goddess curls is pretty light and doesn't leave a residue. Curls unleashed set it off jelly is heavier but I wouldn't consider it heavy and doesn't leave a residue either. Just saw you other post in random hair thoughts. What makes you think your hair isn't growing. I think your hair is awesome if that means anything. Maybe get a blowout and flat iron so you can see your length. I got mine done on Saturday and my hair was a lot longer than I realized. Is your hair shorter now than when you were relaxed and how long did it take you to grow your hair long when you were relaxed? How long have you been trying to grow your natural hair. Fyi you're someone who I admire hair wise :)

Thanks for the suggestions!

I think my hair isn't growing because I am a few months from 3 years post and my hair isn't even apl:sad: By now I should be around bsl or MBL. My hair is thin and ugly when straight and it looks flat and crappy when curly. Idk what to do with my hair any more. It is such a struggle for me to stay natural. When I was relaxed I was full bsl. I never got my natural hair to grow that long.

Taking out my weave seems to also give me some serious hair anorexia. I was OK with my hairs thickness and length until I got the weave.:nono:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Thanks for the suggestions! I think my hair isn't growing because I am a few months from 3 years post and my hair isn't even apl:sad: By now I should be around bsl or MBL. My hair is thin and ugly when straight and it looks flat and crappy when curly. Idk what to do with my hair any more. It is such a struggle for me to stay natural. When I was relaxed I was full bsl. I never got my natural hair to grow that long. Taking out my weave seems to also give me some serious hair anorexia. I was OK with my hairs thickness and length until I got the weave.:nono:
well sending a hug your way. With whatever you decide.

Napp

Ms. Nobody

Here is my latest wash n go with silk elements liquid gel and fantasia if olive gel. Its still a bit wet. The gel makes my hair look less full than if I used conditioner. Let's see how long this lasts.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Cowashed my hair and dc'd last night. Styled this morning with curls unleashed. I don't think I've had any ill effects from the blow out and flat iron.

Eta: front seems to be acting a little weird. I hope it's not damaged.

Attachments

• image-1171752241.jpg
    image-1171752241.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 73
  • image-1371052372.jpg
    image-1371052372.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

MissMusic

I'm still going! Just finished filming my Wash n Go method. Will post on this thread when up and edited. I would do a new post about it, but I don't think people outside of these threads would believe I'm a 4 b/c. My hair is not dry, so these are fresh wet hair pics.

Attachments

• image-210469334.jpg
    image-210469334.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2631094522.jpg
    image-2631094522.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1230202320.jpg
    image-1230202320.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 94