Extensions 'melted' into hair

A couple of nights ago I was watching the home shopping network because I saw that they were selling instant extensions. Since I didn't know how they worked, I decided to watch. There was nothing terribly exciting about the dsemonstration, although I could tell that the lady was spitting a lot of hooha just to move product.

Anyway she started telling the benifits of using the instant extensions. She said that they were safe for your hair because they weren't melted into the hair the way that normal extensions are. :confused: I was always under the impression that extensions were braided or sewn in, not MELTED. I know that sometimes synthetics are burnt at the ends to seal the hair, so I guess that it could get 'melted' into your hair, but this woman made it sound like hair melting was common practice.

I might be crazy and wrong, but I think that woman just told a bare-faced lie on national television (I should also add that this was a white woman, and the product was mainly marketed toward white women, which could explain)

MiWay

I have seen some weaves/extensions that were bonded onto the hair, so maybe that's what she meant. Either way (bonding or melting), I'm sure that can't be good for the hair. I want to say Toni Braxton had something like that back in the day and it messed her hair up, but don't get me lying...

Tiffany

Toni Brattin gets on my nerves acting like she invented somthing new. Selling synthetic ponytails for $40. :lol: But I guess she was talking about fusion. Clip in weaves are not the same as fusion. She does not care, she can tell those folks on hsn anything.

CinnaMocha

Now why would someone want to "melt" extensions on their hair...just hearing that would make me want to run far anyway from that procedure. I guess since wearing weaves is not a practice of mine, I wouldn't know about that. But, you know what, to each his own.

CM

Last edited:
she made it sound like fusion extentions or whatever are a common practice. She said nothing about how there are some that are like that or anything.

Honestly, if I were a person who knew nothing about hair, I would be afraid to get a weave or anything like that. I was pretty annoyed by it.

HoneyDew

uncutandgettinglonger said:
she made it sound like fusion extentions or whatever are a common practice. She said nothing about how there are some that are like that or anything.

Honestly, if I were a person who knew nothing about hair, I would be afraid to get a weave or anything like that. I was pretty annoyed by it.

I never saw the infomercial but was it geared towards white women? In many white salons that's what they do - fusion. They don't really get sew-ins.

indefinite

yeah, about the only way white women can get the weave to stay in is to fuse....that's their method of choice..........