Experienced Braiders! I need some tips

leggylana

I am going to braid my hair next month and need some quick advice. I have not braided my hair in over 2 years, but I want to stretch my relaxer for 4 months. I know how to braid my hair, but do not know any other technique to seal the ends except burning the ends with a lighter. I want to find better, alternative ways to seal the ends of my hair. Any tips will be extremely valuable!

L

lkg4healthyhair

Not sure what type of braids you have but on long thick or thin box braids (sythetic hair) I have seen hair braiders:

Stop at a certain point before the end and blowdry (without combing) the loose hair just to tame with fingers.
Then they braid the hair into about 3 or four plats.
Then they dip braids in hot water two times or so and squeeze excess water from braids with a towel.
Then take braids out and it leaves a very nice deep wave.

It looks really cute when hair is up in a ponytail too.

OnPoint

What I do to the ends of my hair is an invisble knot. This technique is good especially when you are using silky yaki or human hair and you want to leave the ends out. What you do is braid your hair until the end of the braid, then take a few strands 3-4 and do about three to four knots. The trick to this is to do a over knot and not an under knot, if you do an under knot the 3-4 strands will stick out. PM me if you have anymore questions.

Sweet_Ambrosia

leggylana said:
I am going to braid my hair next month and need some quick advice. I have not braided my hair in over 2 years, but I want to stretch my relaxer for 4 months. I know how to braid my hair, but do not know any other technique to seal the ends except burning the ends with a lighter. I want to find better, alternative ways to seal the ends of my hair. Any tips will be extremely valuable!

To seal the ends you can dip them in boiling water (thats been removed from the stove) If you want the ends to be curled roll the ends on rollers or perm rods then dip them in boiling water for about 10-20 seconds. You can also use nail glue to seal the ends, but i wouldnt recommend that.