Ever Been Moved to Tears During Prayer?

TraciChanel

I attended a prayer meeting at church this week. It's held weekly and due to my schedule, this was the first time I've had an opportunity to attend. Anyway, everyone was holding hands in a circle and gave their prayer requests and the two prayer leaders/ministers prayed. During the prayer, for some reason I just got so emotional - I could hardly contain myself. And I really can't explain why. When the prayer was over, I opened my eyes and I also noticed several others with tears on their faces. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Let's discuss!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

LucieLoo12

:amen:

I'm a big cry baby in prayer. Just when I think about God and what He has done for me, it makes me cry in prayer. Sometimes in prayer I cry because I'm joyful and grateful or other times it may be a cry of endurance and travail. Sometimes the Holy Ghost will just move upon me and I will begin to cry because of how much I love God or because I feel Him near.. I've been at my desk at work and began to get choked up :yep:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Yes, almost always openly and privately...

Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting.... (Psalm 126:5-6).

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.psa 51.17

I attended a prayer meeting at church this week. It's held weekly and due to my schedule, this was the first time I've had an opportunity to attend. Anyway, everyone was holding hands in a circle and gave their prayer requests and the two prayer leaders/ministers prayed. During the prayer, for some reason I just got so emotional - I could hardly contain myself. And I really can't explain why. When the prayer was over, I opened my eyes and I also noticed several others with tears on their faces. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Let's discuss!

Last edited:

sidney

Yes, almost always openly and privately...

Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting.... (Psalm 126:5-6).

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.psa 51.17

You better minister!!! Love this! Thank you!

Rainbow Dash

Yes, in personal and corporate prayer. I have been in prayer meetings where the Spirit of God would fall heavy and we would be on the floors crying and worshipping. There would be moments of silence and then shouts of praise. Awesome times. :yep:

TraciChanel

Health&hair28, yes... I can relate to that! I'm sure that I felt the presence of God in the sanctuary the other night as we were all praying. It was an AWESOME experience. I can't fully describe it, but ALICIALYNN, and Iwanthealthyhair67, I think you ladies captured exactly what I was feeling. Now, if on earth, we can be this moved, imagine how it would be before His throne? :amen:

Health&hair28 said:
Yes, in personal and corporate prayer. I have been in prayer meetings where the Spirit of God would fall heavy and we would be on the floors crying and worshipping. There would be moments of silence and then shouts of praise. Awesome times. :yep:

loolalooh

Yes, usually in private, be it joyful for what He's done or sorrowful for what I've done ... or times of desperately wanting to hear Him.

Lissa0821

Both at home, at church, heck I have burst into tears in the car at a stop light because of His presence. There is just something about the presence of God, that goes beyond words.

mrselle

Yes, many, many times. Just like a previous poster said, sometimes I'll cry because I am so thankful and grateful for what God has done, other times it will be because I have done something wrong. Years ago, I was praying with my prayer partner and she began to minister to me about my relationship with my mother. I cried and cried the entire time she was praying because I knew without a shadow of a doubt that God was using her, but what was so overwhelming (in a good way) is that I had never spoken to anyone about my relationship with my mother and the few times I tried no one understood. But that night, as I was on my knees with the phone to my ear listening to my prayer partner I knew that God understood and that he sees everything.

auparavant

This is Guitarhero..I had to buy another sub..

Anyhoo, yes, but not often. I made my priest cry, though, opening up my heart. That moved me because he was filled with so much compassion. Maybe Jesus cried as well.

Iwanthealthyhair67

lol, and someone of have even begged the old toads not to leave us ...I'm always asking God not to leave me cause the minute he does that I know that there is not hope for me...

I used to cry over those rascals I dated in the world. I can defintely cry over my Jesus......:look:

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

he sure did:

Hebrews 5: In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence.

and of your familiar wiht that scripture Jesus Wept I beleive he cried in the garden of gethsemane too..

This is Guitarhero..I had to buy another sub..

Anyhoo, yes, but not often. I made my priest cry, though, opening up my heart. That moved me because he was filled with so much compassion. Maybe Jesus cried as well.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I believe this type of crying is on another level... in which a spiritual transaction took place. There is emotional crying, because we love the Lord so much or we know WHY we're crying..... and there is a spiritual cry, that comes when the Holy Spirit is moving within our spirit. I don't believe your cry was an emotional one.. and yes, it's an awesome experience... God bless.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I believe Jesus cried..yes...... he mourned Lazarus death and wept, he wailed in prayer in Gethsemane, and on the cross, when God forsook Him as He took on sin... His Spirit cried out to His father... -- each instance involved death and the grave and His knowledge of the spiritual transactions that had to take place. His cries were very significant. It's all in Scriptures.

he sure did:

Hebrews 5: In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence.

and of your familiar wiht that scripture Jesus Wept I beleive he cried in the garden of gethsemane too..

charmingt

Yes, I have cried during prayer. Just the knowing how powerful my Heavenly Father is and what He can and does accomplish for me and others just stirs up the tears. I know that He hears my prayers and when they are answered sometimes I cry out of gratitude because sometimes He does it sooooo miraculously or suddenly. Praise GOD!!!:yep:

InVue

Simple Life Lover
...Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

I rarely cry during public prayer. In private prayer I cry most of the time especially when the Holy Ghost takes over.

Btw, TraciChanel we recently had a prayer meeting after our church fast. That night I was very emotional, as the anointing was very heavy during prayer service. So I can definitely relate to your experience. :yep:

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
The presence of God will always move me and make me cry. It happens in Prayer and in Praise and Worship. The tears just begin to flow.

It's happened to me during our "Prayer Line" sessions as well. A lot of times when others are praying, I begin to tear. I tear up with TraciChanel and Health&hair and Iwantheathyhair quite often. I am amazed at the dedication that is there among the women.

I also get 'choked' up as I'm 'Ministering' on the Prayer Line when God gives me something to share. I can 'feel' others praying and it moves me to tears.