Eucalyptus oil

alanaj

I hear a lot about peppermint oils, rosemary and such but I have never heard anyone talk about adding eucalyptus oil to any of their products. I recently added some to one of my mixes and my hair was very soft. Although I'm not 100% sure if that's the work of the eucalyptus or the mix in general. Has anyone tried it?
Anyways I decided to research the properties for hair and I found that it actually helps produce ceramides and improves elasticity.

"By the application of the extract, which has been known to promote ceramide production in the skin, the poor barrier function of scalp skin was found to be improved. Regarding its effect on the hair fiber, by sensory evaluation, it was found that the newly grown hair on the scalp was improved in appearance and texture, such as luster, elasticity, bounce and manageability in comparison with the placebo hair. Measurement of the physical properties of the hair fibers revealed that bending elasticity and luster index were improved by three months’ use of the extract lotion. Hair thickness was not changed but this elasticity improvement was found to occur in the cortex, using AFM. Amino acid analysis revealed that this extract affected the protein composition of hair."