EU LADIES - USEFUL INFO & LINKS

sithembile

FYI

All Aubrey Organics products are 20% off here:
www.mollycoddlesofrochester.co.uk

I've never used the site before but plan to make my purchases this evening.

anherica

^^^ Anherica would you be able to help out with the Danish links please ???

Many Thanks !!!

SG

Sorry I'm just seeing this one PositivelyRadiant. To be honest the only Danish online vendor I use is www.afrohairsecrets.dk Even though the link has already been mentioned, it bears repeating because the pickings here are quite slim, and I've had nothing but good experiences there!

I order alot of things from the UK, especially oils and butters from www.sheabuttercottage.com (another one that's been mentioned before.) Great, great service and selection. She also carries some ayurvedic and JBCO.

Another good one in the UK, with good selection is www.malikstores.co.uk I use them to order ORS products, satin sleep caps, setting lotion and cholesterol deep condish. Another one for oils, supplements and teas is www.baldwins.co.uk

Hope this helps a teeny bit.:spinning:

Jozze

Hi Ladies! I just found a well designed UK site to order from so I thought I'd post it here: Afrodesire.com.
I've just ordered some Outre Batik synthetic hair from them today for my next PS (I'm trying out crochet braids) next week so I'll update on how good the total service is after I receive my parcel but so far the customer service is awesome! The prices are good, they use Paypal and they ship internationally as well!

ETA: I asked if Afrodesire would consider giving us a discount and I just got an email from Afrodesire.com giving an exclusive 10% discount to LHCF members if they spend £50 or more!:bdance:

Last edited:

Jozze

Update: Less than 24hr after ordering I have received my order from Afrodesire.com. My hair was well packaged and I received everything I ordered so I have to give this website top marks for customer service, price and super speedy delivery!:up::up::up::up::up:

shirleytee

Hello Ladies
This is my first post, although I have been an avid reader for quite some time. I am in the haircare business. I sell the Salerm range, Lacio Lacio, Keracare and will have organic oils available soon. My website address is http://www.proudladyhaircare.co.uk.
Please feel free to take a look!

g.lo

DH Keratin for sale

hi all,

i have a nearly full DH Keratin 32oz for sale, and 32oz clarifying shampoo.
i bought it last oct-nov in florida, used only twice this cost me about £160.
the reason why i am selling is, after using it i found out i was pregnant, so since i can't use it anymore and planning to breastfeed for 6months, it will be a shame to let it sit in the cupboard.
i personally liked the result of the product.
if you interested, please PM me with an offer.

thanks
gaby

Bublin

Hey ladies

Anyone know where we can pick up some Curly Magic by Uncle Funky's Daughter?

I did a quick search and no joy.

TIA

Mazza64

Hi All

Can anyone recommend a good salon in London that straightens (4a/4b) natural hair with care?
I want to straighten my hair when I take my weave out just to note the lengthen.

Bublin

They all seem to still use those marcel irons that fry your hair. Wish they'd realise it was 2010 and they should be using flat irons.

Mazza64

They all seem to still use those marcel irons that fry your hair. Wish they'd realise it was 2010 and they should be using flat irons.

I know thats what I'm soooo afraid of. My hair is quite healthy now and I would like to keep it that way.I find hairdressers in London either cater for relaxed hair or locs. They both seem to turn their noses up at natural hair.And if they have a go as you say they fry it with a marcel iron :perplexed

Bublin

Bublin

Hi All

Can anyone recommend a good salon in London that straightens (4a/4b) natural hair with care?
I want to straighten my hair when I take my weave out just to note the lengthen.

Asquared salon in Catford, SE London use flat irons. I called them and asked. I went their years ago for my 1st BC and they were nice but pricey. 0208 6904758

Mazza64

Asquared salon in Catford, SE London use flat irons. I called them and asked. I went their years ago for my 1st BC and they were nice but pricey. 0208 6904758

Thank you Bublin you are a star.Don't mind paying a bit extra once or twice a year.

Bublin

Adding to above post..............

I actually walked into ASquared and asked how much it would cost to 'flat iron' natural hair.
I was told £25 if the hair was already washed, dried and ready to straighten. More if you wanted a full service.

I picked up a price list and they have a ton of services

For example £80 for single braids excluding the cost of the hair.

When i am ready i will probably go to this salon.

Prelude to a Kiss

M'Baku School of Wakandan White Silencing
This is one of the most useful threads I have ever come across. To the poster that linked the site or hair filters THANK YOU!

UrbainChic

Any of you in Germany? specifically Berlin area. Where do you buy most of your products? I have only been living here a few months but I'm not sure where to shop for my old staples like a giant economy sized tub of aloe vera gel.

ETA:
I found this list of African stores online, so I am going to poke around these stores in the next few weeks and let you guys know if I find anything amazing. Please let me know if theres a great place you would recommend.

ETA AGAIN:

This time with the link
http://www.african-german.de/shops.html

Last edited:

ariellabe

This post is what convinced me to register and subscribe. I'm moving to Israel and I really need to find places to ship relaxers and other hair stuff over there. Can you set up a space for Israel and other Middle Eastern countries? I don't think El Al will let me carry a relaxer kit on board:lachen:

ajoke

I live in Germany too, but in the south. There are some links to sites that ship to Germany few pages back. Also check some of the british websites as they have reasonable shipping prices to Germany(check the links on this page and the previous one)

Curlykale

Organic cold pressed ayurvedic oils in this uk website (brahmi, neem, castor, bhringraj, sesame. I don't suggest their coconut oil as it's refined). They also sell hemp oil, aloe vera juice and ghee. They are more on the expensive side: if you want to try ayurvedic oils but you don't want mineral oil in them / you don't infuse them at home, I guess this is a good source (I haven't tried them except coconut and castor... cocnut was refined and castor I discovered I'm allergic). I have seen the whole brand in Whole Foods in London in the supplements/ essential oils area.

Warning: they have 2 kinds of neem oil, diluited and undiluited... Pure neem oil is too strong to be used by itself.

http://www.pukkaherbs.com/file/acd780a6df1da7da2b1dcf5c7ef063f5/ayurvedic-bodycare.html

Last edited: