Essential Oils?

divinefavor

I noticed that some here use different oils to make up your own mixtures. Where do you find the coconut oils, almond oils and the like? What do you use them for (moisturizers, conditioners, etc.)?
Thanks in advance for your help!

MeccaMedinah

All of the oils that I use, I get from the health food store. I use the oils for hot oil treatments. I also spray the oils on my scalp. I am currently using grapeseed, sweet almond & castor oil on my scalp.(I'm wearing kinky twists) You can also do a search for either 'essential oil' or the specific oil you are interested in.

I have also used olive oil in my cholesterol treatments & in my conditioners.

Neroli

divinefavor said:
I noticed that some here use different oils to make up your own mixtures. Where do you find the coconut oils, almond oils and the like? What do you use them for (moisturizers, conditioners, etc.)?
Thanks in advance for your help!

"natural oils" can be purchased from most health food stores or online suppliers like www.aromaweb.com, www.theherbarie.com and others. There is a distinction between carrier/base oils and true essential oils. Check out this link for a more detailed explanation http://www.aromaweb.com/essentialoils/default.asp

Basically,

Carrier or base oils include: coconut, almond, avacado, castor (there quite a few others -- aroma web lists about 18 carrier oils!) and can be used neat or to dilute and "carry" the more concentrated and volatile essential oils.

Essential oils include: rosemary, ylang, lavendar, tea tress (again there are probably a hundred others -- aromaweb alone sells about 90 different essential oils!) and these are highly concentrated, volatile, fragrant oils.

HTH!!

Here is another good place where you can buy essential oil- www.iherb.com. Shipping is free on order over $20.00. I have coconut oil and olive oil that I use as a daily moisturizer for my hair. I pretty much switch it up. I also spike some of my conditioners with peppermint oil.

lsubabiedee

i've gotten rosemary, avocado, and emu oil...the rosemary and avocado i bought from from nature with love, and the emu oil from another online company...i bought coconut oil from a health foods store

i used to rosemary in a spritz on my hairline, the avocado i havent used in a while and probably wont until the summer...emu for my hair line and i add coconut oil to my conditioners for deep conditioning along with honey

hth