Ends or edges???

kristina

Does anyone know of a protective style that protects the ends and yet doesn't put unwanted strain on the edges? (other than wigs) I ask because I am bunning all the time yet my edges are jacked from braid abuse. I could wear it out, but then I wouldn't be able to keep my ends lubricated. TIA.

I want BOTH :lol: If that's what you are asking.....

try loose buns, not tight ones ( even though I know that can be hard)
Moisturize those edges too ....alllll over...also in this winter season, if you wear turtle necks like me, try to be conscious of the friction at the nape...that's my biggest problem right now....keep that area moist and protected...I run home :lachen: and squirk SOMETHIN' on those hairs back there then "cover" with a cream conditioner or conditioning gel ( I do this before I leave the house to ...but I'm not always so good in the morning....I might skip it if I'm running late)

Also, if I don''t do it at home, I take something from my job and put it on my nape....

OK I see that you are natural....so maybe a loose bun is kinda hard but what about a french roll or french braid, then moisten your hairline, apply conditioning gel and put a scarf on?

just a thought....

Good thoughts, thanks. I don't know how to french braid but I'm going to try a french roll/twist to break up the bun monotony.

the only thing i do that benefits both is twists....i have no trouble keeping my ends lubricated in twists and it puts little to no stress on my edges....even with i pin them up it doesnt pull....i think being natural, its easier to do looser styles when my hair is already in twists than it is when my hair is just free....it looks less messy and more like you WANTED it that way! :D

Back