Ends feel like straw!!

And I don't really understand why. I just had my ends trimmed at the salon a few weeks ago. Actually, my beautician siad that the ends didn't look too bad at all. But to look at it now! I last washed my hair last Sunday (planning to wash it again this Sunday) and I deep conditoned it too. Used some mango butter on the ol' ends to keep them looking decent and I sat under my bonnet dryer as always. The first few days my hair was lookin' alright. It's done a complete 360 on me now. My ends are dull and impossibly dry. I put a mixture of shea butter and jojoba oil on them but my hair sucks that stuff up like nothing you ever seen.:eek: I'm wondering if my hair is rebelling because Spring is here and I always shed tons around this time....? Even if it were, I don't recall this (super dry hair) happening last year. Anyone else here have an incredibly difficult time keeping their ends looking decent?:confused:

Last edited:

SweetCaramel1

sounds like you're doing everything right. my ends have been so dry even though i wear ponytails/buns daily. i don't know what the problem is :ohwell:

Doll

I'm having lots of problems with dry ends as well. I just came from the flaxseed oil thread and the ladies seem to be having great results with it in regards to dry hair, scalp, and ends. I'm going to try it starting this weekend!

SweetCaramel1 said:
sounds like you're doing everything right. my ends have been so dry even though i wear ponytails/buns daily. i don't know what the problem is :ohwell:

Yeah, this is weird.:confused: Well, I'm glad I'm not alone on this.

Piggyback post, sorry.

I've been taking flaxseed pills for a couple of months and my hair is still really dry. I'm taking the recommended dosage. Perhaps I should up it.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

What type of shampoo and conditioner are you using? also what is your leave-in? This can have alot to do w/it, Nexxus Therapee is very moisturizning and helped to heal my dry ends and a few others I've used it on. It also allows my ends to dry straight and not frizzy. You may also want to clarify and use porosity control conditioner as a final rinse to help your hair be able to retain the moisture better. HTH's

Chromia

Is the deep conditioner something you've always used? Did you always get good results with it?

elizabeth said:
Is the deep conditioner something you've always used? Did you always get good results with it?

I use Keracare Humecto which I believe is THE best stuff on earth!:grin: But seriously, I've always had great results using it, my hair comes out so soft. Something went wrong this time.:ohwell:

Chromia

I don't know what's making your ends feel dry. My ends used to feel like straw when I used products with Collagen & Keratin, but I know the Keracare Humecto doesn't have those ingredients.

sassyhair

maybe u need to wash and condition hair more often. I also have this problem, but as soon as i wash and condition and style my hair is back to normal. I usually get dryer ends close to a week after washing my hair.