Emergency Emergency Please Help Asap

shellzfoshizzle

DISCOURAGEd WITH BRAIDS AND WANT TO CUT HAIR!

ladies. i am washing/rinsing my microbraids (human hair)...i sorta kinda diluted the shampoo (mizani clarifying shampoo) BUT NOW I CANT GET THE SHAMPOO/PRODUCT BUILDUP/GUNK OUT! I BEEN IN THE SHOWER LIKE 20 MINUTES which is beyond WASHING TIME! I EVEN STOOD UNDER THE SINK FAUCET TO RINSE IT OUT BUT I DONT WANT TO LOOSEN MY BRAIDS BUT I WANT THIS GUNK OUT! IT'S ALL OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS THERE SOMETHING AROUND THE HOUSE I COULD USE TO GET IT OUT (I DONT WANNA GO OUT IN PUBLIC LIKE THIS!) OR SHOULD I JUST STAND IN THE SHOWER AND RINSE RINSE RINSE!?!

LADIES PLEASE HELP MY BRAIDS ARE WET AND I AM WAITING FOR A RESPONSE! I FEEL LIKE I NEED A LHCF PHONE NUMBER SO I COULD CALL ONE OF YA'LL UP! PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:

baglady215

I wish I could help but I'm not sure. I've never washed micros. I hope other ladies will come to the rescue.

Diane71

Sounds like you need some serious help...I wish I could help you but I never wore micros..just regular box braids. Hope someone can help you.

Hair type and texture: 4b and course and thick
Hair goal: 5 inches past bra strap by Dec. 2005

shellzfoshizzle

JUST DOWN RIGHT DISCOURAGED!!!!! I WANT TO CUT MY HAIR! :cry:

OK ! :cry: Seabreeze didn't work when I tried to get the gook out of my microbraids and I'm really pissed (because I've only had my micro's in 4 weeks and they look like sh*t not to mention a waste of $150!) and I'm really frustrated (I might as well not even have braids in if i'ma be doin all this work on my hair)

I ended up shampoo'ing it out after several times because it was literally like rubber cement glue. Just nasty. I dont know why though. I've only had them in for about 3 weeks. Was I not supposed to oil my scalp?! After I shampoo'ed all the gunk out majority of my braids started slipping out. Most of the ones in the back are gone, so I'm having to "hold on" to the braids that I have left and camoflage the unbraided pieces. I dont have the time or energy to take them all out.

I think through out the week whenever I have a good day to myself I'm going to take them down. I want to get them rebraided. I love my micros. I like not having to do my hair and I was anxious to see how long my hair would have been if i left them in until the middle/end of July.

What did I do wrong? Was it that I got human hair and non synthetic hair (which last longer)? I dont have $$$ to be wasting on hair...hell if all else fails I could just spend $60 and get my hair cut off and get a relaxer. Life was soo much easier then.

baglady215

Re: JUST DOWN RIGHT DISCOURAGED!!!!! I WANT TO CUT MY HAIR! :cry:

Shelley, I'm sorry you had to go through this... I know what you mean about wasting funds. That's why I never wash my braids, for fear of this happening. I keep my braids (micros, kinky twists, etc) in for 3 months and I never wash them. When I take them down, I do have some buildup but nothing I can't handle. Next time, I plan on using some kind of scalp cleanser, but I don't think I would wash my braids. Box braids or kinky twists maybe, but not micros.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm really sorry this happened.... When I wore mine I didn't wash at all... I'd keep them in for two months and cleanse my scalp with witch hazel. As for oil, I'm not sure. I only used the spray on my hair and scalp. Hope everything goes well...

shellzfoshizzle

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH okay so now you ladies tell me! LOL just kidding. I have calmed down alittle because I was upset and aggravated earlier. I try not to think about it but I will be reminded of the situation again tomorrow when I take off this scarf and see it again. I will probably walk around like this until NEXT (NOT THIS) Friday and get it rebraided. I thought RINSING the braids would be okay....I did my research on LHCF and I even saw that diluting the shampoo was ok...that's what I did...I still don't know why i had so much crud! Anyways, thanks ya'll for the advice but I definitely want the micro's back in for the remainder of the summer.