Elasta QP Scalp Stimulating Shampoo

jazzyfunknastee

Has anybody used this? I got a sample of it from Elasta themselves. It contains menthol so it tingles quite a bit. It left my hair feeling clean but not stripped although it contains sodium myreth sulfate. I'd say it's a clarifier/itchy scalp shampoo.

It's a clear purple colored shampoo that claims that it "is an invigorating cleanser that creates a beneficial environment for hair growth & healthy scalp. The rich lathering formula purifies the scalp of pollutants, excess scalp debris and styling product buildup. Oxygenating vasodilators (niacin, biotin and menthol) stimulate scalp circulation to nourish the hair. Salicylic Acid (Beta Hydroxide Acid) removes trapped scalp cells and toxins that can contribute to thinning hair."

The ingredients are:

Purified water/agua, sodium myreth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betain, myristal amine oxide, soyaethyl morpholonium ethosulfate, butylene glycol, menthol, salicyclic acid, biotin, niacin, polyquaternium-10, EDTA, propylene glycol, DMDM hydantoin, methylparaben, propylparaben, benzophenone-4, d&c violet #2 (CI 160725), fragrance.

soslychic

I tried this and the menthol smell got on my nerves. I don't think I really felt anything goin' on on my scalp and other than that it's a decent shampoo that dosn't strip like all of the elasta qp shampoos I'm assuming. (I've only tried 2, but going by other reviews...) I'll stick with my shampoo for relaxed hair until I can switch over to the creme conditionijng ones. Both of those are superior in my opinion.

Babygurl

Tried this shampoo yesterday and I MUST say, I am VERY impressed. At first I didnt feel any tingle but I let it sit for about 1 minute and the tingle felt SO good to the scalp. I LOVE it!!! Anyone know if this is a clarifying shampoo? I did use the Creme Conditioning Shampoo after to counteract any dryness.

Kha

I've used a sample of this before on my scalp...I did like the way it felt. So tingling and soothing. It felt like my scalp was very clean. A little goes a long way too, I think I got 2 or 3 washes out of the one little packet.

AnjelLuvs

Khalesta, I thought I was being cheap when I extended that lil sample for a couple of washes, LOL, I see I wasnt the only one. I am considering buying this shampoo, and the shampoo that they have for relaxed hair. Both made my hair feel good.

Kha

LOL...well, I am cheap with hair products LOL! Seriously, the only reason I really stretched it out was because I generally don't use shampoo with sulfates, but wanted to try it anyway. It wasn't bad and wasn't stripping at all. It would make a good clarifyer for me and a bottle of this stuff would probably last years literally.

AnjelLuvs

yeh My sentiments exactly, I was amazed at how clean my hair got and how it was rather easy to lather up without that much being used. I might buy it as a clarifying poo too,
question, not to hijack or anything, but how do u find poos and cons, with out all those bad ingredients, maybe I will just make another thread, LOL

amy1234

I use this..until it's finished. The only thing I like about it is that it makes my scalp tingle. I don't really care for the smell, but it does get the hair clean (it is shampoo after all ;) )

baglady215

I've had a sample for the longest... I don't know why I haven't tried it. I will use this soon. The tingling sounds yummy!

Tamsin2005

I tried the sample pack and felt no tingling...nothing. And it didn't seem to do anything for my hair. The only good news is that this is one less thing I will now be tempted to purchase! :)

ScandalousBeauty

*Dee* said:
I use this..until it's finished. The only thing I like about it is that it makes my scalp tingle. I don't really care for the smell, but it does get the hair clean (it is shampoo after all ;) )

Yep, I second this!!! I always follow up with a moisturizing shampoo in a conditioner cuz my hair follicle feels WIDE OPEN after I use this.

metalkitty

I really like this shampoo, it clarifies without harsh sulphates or over drying the hair like many clarifying 'poos do. However if you're primarily looking for a strong tingle, try the conditioner.