Dry Shampoo on Twists/Braids?

naturalmanenyc

Has anyone ever tried dry shampoo on twists/braids?
If so, how did it work and which brand did you try?

Most dry shampoo that I have seen requires brushing through the product which is not possible when in twists/braids.

Any recommendations other than cleaning the scalp with Seabreeze or Witch Hazel?

Theresamonet

Dry shampoos aren't really for actually cleansing. It is to soak up excess oil to preserve straight styles between washes. Unless you want the oil soaked from your twists then I don't think dry shampoos will be good for twists.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I've never used the "dry" shampoo, but ORS makes one for Locs & braids. It's more of a gel. You apply, massage in to scalp, then use a damp clothe to wipe excess from scalp.

I was debating on trying this, but figured I can just use a damp clothe with a cleansing conditioner and get the same effect.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
naturalmanenyc
I use Suave's waterless foam shampoo on occassion and like it. Not drying at all and no brushing required.

Water (Aqua), PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Chamomila Recuita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Schoeanthus (Lemongrass) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Silk Amino Acid, Polyquaternium 11, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyquaternium 4, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

darlingdiva

I have never used dry shampoo on twists, but I do use it on my scalp from time to time. I use Oscar Blandi's dry shampoo.

JustSitNBePretty

I tried a dry shampoo on my braids last week. My hair was still dirty because when I scratched it, I saw the gunk underneath my nails. My hair also remained itchy as well. I think if your hair is in braids, its just best to opt for a clarifying shampoo. Its not like your hair is gonna get tangled or anything. Go ahead and clean your scalp.