Dry Hair

Natty_Virgo

Since my bc two months ago I can't seem to keep my hair moisturized. I co wash daily and use Giovanni Direct Leave in with just a little olive oil eco styler. I think my hair is 4a, can someone please tell me what to do so it can look moisturized?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using DROID3

MrsHaseeb

What are u Co-washing with? How often do u clarify or wash with shampoo? Maybe the conditioner ur Co-washing with has caused build up that is preventing the moisture from penetrating. Maybe u just need to try some new products. If ur using the same products from before the big chop that may be the culprit. Change it up a little and see if that helps but remember natural hair tends to be drier than relaxed hair. Hope that helped u.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

kupenda

Maybe you have hard water. Clarify, then deep condition using something without cones. Baggy for a few nights. And maybe lay up on the cowashing so much. Try just wetting your hair and see where it takes you

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Natty_Virgo

Thanks for the link Tiye, I will check it out.

I co wash daily because I work out almost everyday and I thought I needed to get the sweat out. I will try a clarifying shampoo and deep condition.

I have used a lot of different conditioners from researching on this board, right now I am using Organix coconut milk conditioner.

I don't have hard water though. I will try just wetting it some days and see if that help.

Thanks!

mjphair

I'd say co- wash maybe two days a week and spray/dampen with a spray bottle daily. Still use the Giovanni leave- in and try a little castor oil before the gel

kaytorry

I cowash at least twice a week with curl junkie daily fix, and on days that I do not wet it, I use the hairveda whipped ends from root to tip then I seal with avocado oil. I also make sure my hair is soaking wet when I appy my leave in.

Natty_Virgo

Ahh okay, thanks for the tips. Yesterday, I clarified my hair, DC'd, used some coconut oil and mixed my Giovanni leave in with a little bit of Mane N Tail conditioner, and OMG my hair was the bomb.

I will stop co washing so much.

I love this board.

IslandDiva08

check the ingredients in your conditioner......... for daily co-washing or every other day co-washing you should be using a moisturizing conditioner (No Protein). If you need to use protein, use it once a week or every other week. You might be experiencing a protein overload.

Blessed2883

Maybe its the Organix coconut conditioner. It has protein in it. I used to use that one and it dried my hair out. Now I use the acai / avocado or cherry blossom organix conditioner. It leaves my hair soft and moisturized. It also works as a leave in with a little olive oil mixed in.