Drug Addiction: How My Son Was Delivered - With God's Word

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
If you were to see my son now, you'd never guess that he was once a drug addict. To God be all the Glory. God is so faithful to us. God never left my side. Never.

Drugs killed my ex-husband and several members in his family. And only because of my Covenant with God, my son was delivered when this generational curse (spirit of oppression) tried to take hold of my son.

It started with my son being introduced to marijuana at age 16, by age 21 he was hooked on heroine and was experimenting with cocaine. Devastated and scared out of my wits end, all I had were my Bibles. My Bibles and the one thing that God wanted from me....'my faith' in Him. That's all I had.

Although my son is full grown, Saved and full of the Holy Spirit, a solid businessman; licenced contractor,financially set, married with four (4) children, he was then and always will be my baby. And that is what I fought for, my baby. I refused to allow the devil to have my son. And God won. Indeed He did, God won...the life of my son, which He owned anyway.

These are the Scriptures which I stood upon for 3 Solid years, until my son was completely delivered from drugs. Again and again to God be the Glory.

When I found out about my son, I was terrified. I 'saw' him with a sunken, gray face and buldging eyes, thin as a rail. All I could do was cry. And plain as day, God spoke to me, "Stop crying. You are not the only mother going through this. But I've given you something that they don't have, my word."

He took me to Isaiah 27:2-5

2 In that day sing ye unto her, A vineyard of red wine.
3 I THE LORD DO KEEP IT; I will water it every moment: lest any hurt it, I will keep it night and day.
4 Fury is not in me: who would set the briers and thorns against me in battle? I would go through them, I would burn them together.
5 Or let him take hold of my strength, that he may make peace with me; and he shall make peace with me.

God was assuring me of keeping my son safe from harm and that my son was going to make peace with Him.

Breather short-lived. because every negative report that could come my way about my son was coming from every direction. My sister taunted me for she felt my faith in God was a waste. According to her, "I was a fool."

But this was my son, my only one. I had lost one son as an infant (he was 3 1/2 months old) some years before due to SIDS. I couldn't lose another child of mine. I just couldn't let go. And more than that, God wouldn't let me give up.

Acts 27:22-25

And now I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss of any man's life among you...For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,

Saying, Fear not...and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee. Wherefore...be of good cheer: for I BELIEVE GOD, that it shall be even as it was told me.

God was reminding me of His promise in Isaiah 27...He would keep and protect my son.

But, I had to give my baby up. I had to let go of my son and trust God to keep him as He promised. Suddenly giving my tithes and offerings of money was so much easier, but I had to also give up my son and that was the hardest thing in the world for me to do.

But holding on wasn't healthy. I was always worrying about him; where he was. Who was he with? Was this the day that he lived or died. I had to let him go and let God do what He had to.

Nehemiah 10:35-36

"...as it is written in the law: And to bring the firstfruits of our ground, and the firstfruits of all fruit of all trees, year by year, unto the house of the LORD: Also the firstborn of our sons ..."

Basically, I put my son on God's "D/L"..."Dedicate him to the Lord." I gave my son up and had to trust God. And each time I had a thought, God backed it up with His word.

It took three years, but the day came when my son was set free, totally free. The other details are way too long, Howvever here are the other scriptures. I stood on God's word day and night; night and day. I'd go to sleep speaking His word and wake up doing the same. It was all I had.

Here are just some of my thought's and the scriptures God gave me. My Bibles are full of highlights and notes. These are a few to share. I put my thoughts in blue.

When I needed God's peace at night:

Psalm 16:7-11

I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me.

Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Lord please protect my son:

Psalm 16:5 "The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot." (He guards all that is mine).

Lord, I don't want my son living with that girl who's also an addict and keeping him bound.

Galatians 4:30 "Cast the bond woman out." (God moved quick on this one :lol: ... real quick. He left the girl's house and never went back;) ).

Holy Spirit I thank you that my son can never resist your nor reject you.

Acts 6:10 "And they were not able to RESIST the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake."

Lord, I thank you that this spirit cannot attach itself to my son. Your plans for my son's life will not be changed or aborted.

Psalm 89: (Read the entire Psalm and be blessed).

"....with my holy oil have I anointed him: With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.

The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him. And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.

But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted. I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.

He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.

Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.

My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.

His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.

If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;

If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;

Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.

Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.

My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie."
===================

God kept His promise to me. Every single word of His promise God kept His word. He did not fail me. My family laughed at me, but I did not quit. They talked about me and called me a fool, but I did not quit. I couldn't; I couldn't give up on my son. I couldn't give up on God.

I was like Nehemiah who would not come off of the wall. God had promised and instructed me to stay in His word and that He would bring all of it to pass and He did. God did it. He brought each and every word to pass.

And to this very day, my son is a living breathing testimony unto the Lord Jesus Christ and nobody can take that away from me. No one. No one. No one. God gave me back my son. He gave him back and you'd never know that the enemy ever had a hold on him. To God be the Glory. I praise God each day for my children.

I can't not share God's word with people. I can't sell out to the world. I can't not trust God. For I have lived His word when I had nothing and no one else to rely upon. He saved my 'baby'.

Yes, he's a grown man, but he will always be my baby. Always.

God promised to protect him. God gave me His word. And He never failed me.

I hope this blesses someone. Another mom or a wife, or friend... whoever this can bless.

My face is covered in tears sharing this testimony. He saved my son. God saved my son. To God be the Glory...Amen.

Last edited:

Radianthealth

Beautiful Shimmy, You have me in tears over here. I am struggling with something my own addiction so to speak. Your words are truly inspiring.

God Bless you and your son.

Shimmie

Staff member
trimbride said:
Beautiful Shimmy, You have me in tears over here. I am struggling with something my own addiction so to speak. Your words are truly inspiring.

God Bless you and your son.

Oh Trimbride, we can cry together. Typing this testimony has pullled so many emotions from me. I was so scared and God stayed faithful to me. I'm still crying right now, just thinking about God's faithfulness to me.

Listen Angel, don't give up. Can you Promise? God is so faithful. I didn't have anyone in my family to beliieve in me. All I had was my Bibles, a highlighter and a stash of ink pens. I stayed in church whenever the doors were open for services. My church family was very supportive, but at home, late at night, I was completely alone. God stayed true to His word.

Please read Psalm 89. Read the entire Psalm. It will bless you so much.
Especially this verse: "My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie..."

God also wants you to know that He is giving you 'Beauty for Ashes'. Read Isaiah 61. For God has promised to restore and renew you. He's going to give you double for all that you have lost.

God bless you, beautiful lady. I'm here to support you. God bless you.

Radianthealth

Thanks Shimmie, I really think I was meant to read this thread, I just finished typing a "novel" in my journal to try to help me with my struggle with food. It is lifelong, and it is something that seems to come so easily for other people but it is literally a struggle for me, it affects my health and my confidence.

I don't want this to rule my life anymore I know everyone has their burden in life and this must be mine, I should be thankful that it isn't something worst I will take your advice, I will continue to pray for God to deliver me as well.

On a lighter note, you ladies in that raw food thread really have great recipes. I won't go raw because I believe it is too restrictive for me and may lead me to binge, but you have motivated me soooo much to add raw vegetables into my healthy lifestyle.

Thanks again:)

pebbles

Wow, Shimmie! This is how a woman of God excercises her faith! :clap: My goodness, sometimes it's so hard to "let go and let God!" But praise the Lord for this mighty testimony! I'm going to keep holding on and trusting His word, even when the hour is at it's darkest. God is able! :clap:

sithembile

Thank you for that powerful testimony, to God be the Glory. This very morning, the Lord reminded me that in order to come out of the situation I am in, I need to put on the armour of God, and use the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. All I am going to do is stand on His word.

Shimmie

Staff member
sithembile said:
Thank you for that powerful testimony, to God be the Glory. This very morning, the Lord reminded me that in order to come out of the situation I am in, I need to put on the armour of God, and use the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. All I am going to do is stand on His word.

"Sithembile", you are so right about the 'Armour of God'. Thank you for bringing this up. You see, before my son and daughter left home, (while they were very young children) each night I would go into their rooms while they were asleep and pray at their bedside. I would pray Ephesians 6, and apply the full armour of God to both of them.

I would annoint their head, chest, hands and feet with oil. And I'd just kneel by their beds and just pray. Sometimes, I'd lie on the floor near their beds and just pray.

With God's Armour, I'd start at their heads:

"The Helmet of Salvation" ("Mind of Christ" They would always think as Jesus thinks; to have His mindset and not yield to the thoughts of the world.)

"The Breastplate of Righteousness" The heart of God the Father - His Heart of wisdom would always rule and dwell within them.

"The Shield of Faith" that quenches every fiery dart of the enemy. :lol: Wooo-Hoooo! You know I love this one. For no weapon formed against them shall prosper. Every attack of the enemy would fail and nor prevail against them.

"Their Loins are girded about with Truth" - This was to guard their souls and protection from any ungodly attachments to their beings. That they would not yield to the tempation of the flesh, sexual sins, other gods, or vices.

"They have the 'Sword of the Spirit" which is the word of God, embedded within their hearts. They would always be ready with God's word to avert the enemy in every direction...God's protection. God's word to them is a 2-edged sword, which cuts, and cleans out every unclean thing that would separate them from God and His divine order.

"Their feet are Shod with the Preparation of Peace" - They would always be a living, breathing, walking witness to the Lord Jesus Christ and NEVER back down from their faith in Him. No matter what, they would always bear the Love of Jesus Christ wherever God placed them, so that all would know the glory of God's life within them.

Each night, I would annoint their hands with oil and pray God's word, "Everything you set your hand to do shall prosper. You will have great success in all that you do and nothing shall ever stop you. Nothing, for God shall be with you wherever you go; and it is He who will give and bring you good success.

Oh how God has brought His word to pass in my babies lives. Every single pray, and every single word. To God be the Glory...!

Now my children laugh at me, because now they both shared that when I'd leave their rooms after prayer, they'd whisper from their rooms to each other, "Did mommie just leave your room?" The other would answer, "Yeah". Then one of them would ask, "Is your head wet?" The other would answer, "Yeah, is yours?" The other would say, "Yeah, but I'm scared to wipe it off." The other would say, "Me too." :lol:

My babies....."Mommie" loves her babies. The devil was not going to have my children. I meant it and it was either him or me and God won out. Oh yes God did! God showed out and won out! And God always will. Glory to His name, forever and ever...Amen! I have my babies.

Shimmie

Staff member
pebbles said:
Wow, Shimmie! This is how a woman of God excercises her faith! :clap: My goodness, sometimes it's so hard to "let go and let God!" But praise the Lord for this mighty testimony! I'm going to keep holding on and trusting His word, even when the hour is at it's darkest. God is able! :clap:

Pebs, it was hard, but I had no choice. But so worth it to see the lives that my babies live...all in God. All in God our Father.

I can't help but speak about Him. God has taken over my life and has done more good with it than I ever could. I haven't shared all of my son's story. It's just too much to type. It would literally take weeks to type all that we went through. I was scared out of my living wits through all of this. But to God be all the glory. Somebody just Praise Him! Praise God for all that He is! Glory to His name, forever.

Look at God's Time Frame and compare this to Star's Fasting and Prayer this week. Also look at the dates that Star called the fast as well as the topic. Look at topic of God's fast that Star posted.

These dates along with others are in my Bible that I was using at the time. The Bible that has all the highlights and my son's name written all through the margins of scripture God gave me for him. I had three (3) Bibles (a KJV - A huge parallel - and a small topical that I carried in my purse everywhere).

Yesterday, Thursday, September 21, 2006 is my son's 11th Anniversary for being clean. For it was Wednesday, September 21, 1994 when he went into a sheltered rehab and Thursday, September 21, 1995 was his first year anniversary.

On Friday, September 22, 1995 we joined him at his first NA Meeting celebration with his sponsors and other brothers in rehab who all shared their testimonies and I'll tell you something, it scared the living mess out of me. Me and all of my Jesus was scared into a new reality. Drug addictions are NO JOKE!

The things that occured will scare Jesus into you if you don't already have Him. I never knew what all went on until these I sat in this first NA Meeting and listened to these men tell their stories. Scared me, it did. And all the more, I could see why God wanted me to let go of my son and allow His to take care of it. Because there was no way, that I could have handled this lifestyle, no way.

All the more reason to thank God for all of who He is...All the more...Jesus!

firecracker

Wow Shimmie. I am glad your son was saved from that madness. :) I do believe for some but not all weed is a gateway drug. This testimony would have really helped in that ole weed thread that was going on a few months ago. I don't recall if you posted in that thread. Alot of people have addicted behavior so its really easy to get caught up if you like something.:(

We dealt with this issue in my family. My older sister is recovered and my eldest brother committed suicide because he couldn't beat drug addiction.:( I am sure I shared this before. We support Bill Williams also. My sister travels thru out the USA sharing her testimony.

Shimmie

Staff member
firecracker said:
Wow Shimmie. I am glad your son was saved from that madness. :) I do believe for some but not all weed is a gateway drug. This testimony would have really helped in that ole weed thread that was going on a few months ago. I don't recall if you posted in that thread. Alot of people have addicted behavior so its really easy to get caught up if you like something.:(

We dealt with this issue in my family. My older sister is recovered and my eldest brother committed suicide because he couldn't beat drug addiction.:( I am sure I shared this before. We support Bill Williams also. My sister travels thru out the USA sharing her testimony.

"Fire", I'm so sorry about your brother. I know that hurts. My ex-husband died because of what drugs did to his heart. Other members of his family have died, drug related as well. It started with him and his brother, with marijuana. That's why I was so scared when my son was on drugs. It was after his dad's death, that he got heavier into drugs and my sister was one who supported his habit with marijuana. :(

The only 'fight' I had was God's word; I didn't want him to die from it. He was my son...

I did post on the 'mary jane' thread. ;) I believe I shared about my ex-husband dieing, not sure. My son's testimony was just too long and too emotional to go into. I cry everytime I think about this experience. Happy tears and sad ones.

As for the 'legalizing mary jane thread'; I posted and the rest is 'history.' :look:

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
God is good all the time! And all the time God is good! Beautiful testimony Shimmie, thanks for sharing!

Country gal

Shimmie- thanks for your testimony. I am so glad God answered your prayer. I know your testimony touched me. I have a hard headed little boy that I pray for constantly.

Shimmie

Staff member
Country gal said:
Shimmie- thanks for your testimony. I am so glad God answered your prayer. I know your testimony touched me. I have a hard headed little boy that I pray for constantly.

Thank you, Country Gal. I 'hear' you. Me and my 'babies' laugh about it now, but each night I'd go into their rooms and just pray over them.

I'd annoint them with oil and just lie there on the floor on kneel at their beds and just pray while they were sleeping. (Of course I later found out that they were sometimes awake and 'scared' to move...:lol:). Ohh, my babies. ;)

I posted some of the prayers in post # 7... The full Armour of God...

I also annointed my children's feet and their shoes; so that their footsteps would be ordered of the Lord. I can't be everywhere to watch over them, but God is. For God watches over His word to perform it; and it prospers wherever to He sends it. God always brings His word to pass. Always.

Shimmie

Staff member
PrettyHaitian said:
God is good all the time! And all the time God is good! Beautiful testimony Shimmie, thanks for sharing!

Thank you for caring, sweet lady...;) That's why I talk about God so much for He has done so much for me.

Shimmie

Staff member
trimbride said:
Thanks Shimmie, I really think I was meant to read this thread, I just finished typing a "novel" in my journal to try to help me with my struggle with food. It is lifelong, and it is something that seems to come so easily for other people but it is literally a struggle for me, it affects my health and my confidence.

I don't want this to rule my life anymore I know everyone has their burden in life and this must be mine, I should be thankful that it isn't something worst I will take your advice, I will continue to pray for God to deliver me as well.

On a lighter note, you ladies in that raw food thread really have great recipes. I won't go raw because I believe it is too restrictive for me and may lead me to binge, but you have motivated me soooo much to add raw vegetables into my healthy lifestyle.

Thanks again:)

At'a Girl! That's a wonderful start. ;) And I'm still striving in this Raw Diet. It's a definite change in lifestyle. AND now without Spinache! :eek: Geeza Whiz...:lol: It lowers my options...:lol: I love spinache.

This is for you. Everyday, I add 'Wheat Grass' powder to my juices. It 'cut's' my appetite...naturally. Also, if you can't handle the Wheat Grass, then try Barley Grass powder.

Here's a link with info on both; it's different but good.

Wheat Grass:

http://www.wheatgrasskits.com/40pointsofwheatgrass.htm

Barley:

http://www.wheatgrasskits.com/barleygrass.htm

Enjoy Pretty Lady...;)

firecracker

I did post on the 'mary jane' thread. ;) I believe I shared about my ex-husband dieing, not sure. My son's testimony was just too long and too emotional to go into. I cry everytime I think about this experience. Happy tears and sad ones.

As for the 'legalizing mary jane thread'; I posted and the rest is 'history.' :look:[/quote]

Oh I remember the legalize drug thread cuz I was clownin in that one. :grin:

Thanks Shimmie. Wow your sister corrupted your son :confused: . I know that hurt like the dickens. I was upset my brother got high with my sister and asked him about that a week b4 he killed himself. He told me he didn't want her to do bad things to get high.:eek:(

My sister and brother were the first drug abusers in my immediate family. They used drugs together for many years. My sister had been sober about a year b4 he passed. He had just gotten his 9 month chip too. I was really concerned for her soberity after his death in 1989 but she remained strong and sober. I knew from that point that she would never be a drug addict or alcoholic again if she survived his death sober.

The alcohol gene was inherited via my dad. I just stopped drinking socially on Labor Day because I really wanted to buy a pack of cigarettes after 20 years of giving them up. Now that scared the daylights out of me. :eek: (mom had lung cancer surgery 9/04 came home wanting a cig):mad:
I wish I would go out like that after all I have seen.

I experimented with marijuana for years when I was younger. I started cuz someone told my skinny butt I could gain weight, which I did. :(

When I was 19 I tried sniffing cocaine, smoking it in a pipe, a cigarette and mixed with weed one time each. I didn't understand the hype or the high. :( It didn't lead to addiction for me nor the other dummies that tried it along with me. Which was a miracle and the grace of God. Oh I forgot I tried a valium which made me fall asleep for 24 hours. :ohwell:

I wouldn't suggest anyone trying drugs because you just don't know what will happen and you just might like it.

My sister and brothers said I had control :perplexed but I know that was the grace of God. Especially since my faternal side has addictive behavior. My mom's side drink socially only but the other side party/drink/smoke like its nineteen ninety nine.

I told my children if you wanna be real stupid after seeing what drugs did to your uncle and aunt go head be a fool cuz the proof is right in your face.

I just wanted to share that I had personal experience with drugs. I know about them firsthand. I am one lucky chick that I didn't get sprung.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie said:

As for the 'legalizing mary jane thread'; I posted and the rest is 'history.' :look:

firecracker said:
Oh I remember the legalize drug thread cuz I was clownin in that one. :grin:

Thanks Shimmie. Wow your sister corrupted your son :confused: . I know that hurt like the dickens. I was upset my brother got high with my sister and asked him about that a week b4 he killed himself. He told me he didn't want her to do bad things to get high.:eek:(

My sister and brother were the first drug abusers in my immediate family. They used drugs together for many years. My sister had been sober about a year b4 he passed. He had just gotten his 9 month chip too. I was really concerned for her soberity after his death in 1989 but she remained strong and sober. I knew from that point that she would never be a drug addict or alcoholic again if she survived his death sober.

The alcohol gene was inherited via my dad. I just stopped drinking socially on Labor Day because I really wanted to buy a pack of cigarettes after 20 years of giving them up. Now that scared the daylights out of me. :eek: (mom had lung cancer surgery 9/04 came home wanting a cig):mad:
I wish I would go out like that after all I have seen.

I experimented with marijuana for years when I was younger. I started cuz someone told my skinny butt I could gain weight, which I did. :(

When I was 19 I tried sniffing cocaine, smoking it in a pipe, a cigarette and mixed with weed one time each. I didn't understand the hype or the high. :( It didn't lead to addiction for me nor the other dummies that tried it along with me. Which was a miracle and the grace of God. Oh I forgot I tried a valium which made me fall asleep for 24 hours. :ohwell:

I wouldn't suggest anyone trying drugs because you just don't know what will happen and you just might like it.

My sister and brothers said I had control :perplexed but I know that was the grace of God. Especially since my faternal side has addictive behavior. My mom's side drink socially only but the other side party/drink/smoke like its nineteen ninety nine.

I told my children if you wanna be real stupid after seeing what drugs did to your uncle and aunt go head be a fool cuz the proof is right in your face.

I just wanted to share that I had personal experience with drugs. I know about them firsthand. I am one lucky chick that I didn't get sprung.
Our lives are not so different. We've seen and lived through more than enough. We've paid our dues and then some....

I'm so glad that you came through. You wouldn't be here and I may not have ever 'met' you. You've become one of my prayers. :kiss:

Life makes us 'strong' doesn't it? It doesn't feel like it when the pressure is on, but as we look back, all we can see is Jesus who was with us all along.

"Fire" no matter what happens, the greater One, lives on the inside of us. The Greater One, Jesus. Show us a 'drug' that can top Him...there is none, is it? None at all. Neither can our children, no matter what state they are in, can resist him. No they can't. Their resistance can't top or stop Jesus from having His way with them. No it can't. For they have been put by us on God's D/L..."Dedicated to the Lord." ;)

Last edited:

firecracker

Shimmie said:
Our lives are not so different. We've seen and lived through more than enough. We've paid our dues and then some....

I'm so glad that you came through. You wouldn't be here and I may not have ever 'met' you. You've become one of my prayers. :kiss:

Backatcha:kisses:

I agree. We have seen and experienced many things.

Life makes us 'strong' doesn't it? It doesn't feel like it when the pressure is on, but as we look back, all we can see is Jesus who was with us all along.
That is how I know for a fact God is real, loves unconditionally and a miracle worker.
"Fire" no matter what happens, the greater One, lives on the inside of us. The Greater One, Jesus. Show us a 'drug' that can top Him...there is none, is it? None at all. Neither can our children, not matter what state they are in, can resist him. No they can't. Their resistance can't top or stop Jesus from having His way with them. No it can't. ;)

Praise God! He definitely can top every drug there is. He can deliver you from any and all situations. I will never forget when I was just tired, feed up and wanted to just runaway. I had both my babies in a double stroller walking downtown crying and boo hoo'ing. He told me I could go home now, don't worry and everything was going to be alright. I have been a work in progress ever since. Chile I came a long way. The enemy is always lurking and I backslide with anger momentarily but God won't let me go or dwell in anger long. At times I wanna hold on to anger but he just wipes it away before I even realize it. I am finally at a point where accept the battle isn't mine. It's his and I have to surrender allowing him to do his work. :grin: Chile I'm a work in progress it used to seem really hard and frustrating but I'm letting go cuz he's driving. Plus I'm reckless driver obviously:lachen:

Shimmie

Staff member
firecracker said:
Praise God! He definitely can top every drug there is. He can deliver you from any and all situations. I will never forget when I was just tired, feed up and wanted to just runaway. I had both my babies in a double stroller walking downtown crying and boo hoo'ing. He told me I could go home now, don't worry and everything was going to be alright. I have been a work in progress ever since. Chile I came a long way. The enemy is always lurking and I backslide with anger momentarily but God won't let me go or dwell in anger long. At times I wanna hold on to anger but he just wipes it away before I even realize it. I am finally at a point where accept the battle isn't mine. It's his and I have to surrender allowing him to do his work. :grin: Chile I'm a work in progress it used to seem really hard and frustrating but I'm letting go cuz he's driving. Plus I'm reckless driver obviously:lachen:

One of the best things in life...we still grow. We ALL still grow. Even while driving...:lol:

Sweet sleep, angel. We still have 'hair' to grow. I'm approaching shoulder length...as I sleep...:lol:

{{{ Hugs }}}

remnant

The power of God is awesome! ALLELUIA!
Be blessed Shimmie and all of you beautiful ladies in Jesus name!

Shimmie

Staff member
star said:
He is such a good God!!!
Yes, yes, yes, He is. There is no way that I could live without him. No way!

"In my life, Lord, be glorified, be glorified. In my life Lord, be glorified today." In my heart Lord, be glorified, be glorified. In my heart Lord, be glorified, today."

And everyday...forever and ever.

Praise Him, forever and ever...Amen.

Shimmie

Staff member
RavenIvygurl said:
WOW that was an amazing story!

Thank you, "RavenIvygurl". Isn't God something?

"Therefore I make a decree:...because there is NO OTHER GOD that can deliver after this sort." (Daniel 3:29)

No one else could deliver my son, but God. It was a generational curse that HAD to be broken from off of my 'baby's' life. A curse that was in his father's family and was not allowed to be in mine. And God did it. He alone, delivered my son.

Yet, will I praise Him all the day long. Praise the name of Jesus. Amen.

Shimmie

Staff member
God is so Faithful. Here is more of His word; His promise to protect the life of my son.

And Ladies, this word is prayed for your sons as well. Even husbands and brothers, and friends, as well, for they too are someone's son...are they not?

" Then said she, I pray thee, let the king remember the LORD thy God, that thou wouldest not suffer the revengers of blood to destroy any more, lest they destroy my son.

And he said, As the LORD liveth, there shall not one hair of thy son fall to the earth." (2 Samuel 14:11)

Ladies, not one hair of our men's lives shall fall...not one. Claim it and receive it; Praise God for it, in Jesus' name....Amen.

God bless you...;) God bless you and your sons and daughters...Amen.