*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

DON'T DO THIS!

I have been using soy milk to drink my shakes right?
So, this week I haven't felt like eating food. The only food that I have had this week is what I eat for lunch. I have been feeling really good in doing this. Soooo, I was trying to prevent using
all of my soy milk as the case that I buy last about a month. I decided to make with milk (2%). OMG....that stuff tore my stomach up. I should have known better. After I realized the cramps were going absolutely nowhere, I took a ZANTAC. It took at least 30 minutes to kick in. Pure agony. If you want something to
keep you up at night it was that! Soy from now own. I will just get an extra case from now on. Should have known not to drink 12 oz of milk as I can only handle a little at a time. Whew!
I experienced this to a degree, not quite as badly as you did, but it ceased once i went to soy as well....i kinda liked the regularity :blush:.

I so want to try this. But, not sure if I want to use the wheat germ and wheat germ oil. You all are starting to convince me to try it, but now I'm reading about possible weight gain (that part scares me).
the weight gain was for Mona, I believe, and it was because she's allergic...i think. Correct me if i'm wrong, Egglettes. I experienced weight gain bcs I added whey protein to my cocktail...once i eliminated that, everything has been fine. my weight has been stable.

Now that I have SOME ingredients...I think I'll start tomorrow.
Girl, start today, you may as well break it in, lol! ~get a taste of it, you'll like it, i'm certain :yep:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
If you are worried about salmonella from the eggs, another alternative could egg whites from www.eggwhitesint.com The eggs are pasteurized and high in protein.

You can use this to cook or mix in a drink. It's great to use when trying to loose weight or maintain weight.

:thankyou: I was looking for this product. Thank you very much...:yep:

I like it but I would skip the raw egg. A protein in raw egg whites binds with biotin and prevents your body from using it. So for some people it could negatively affect their hair health.

Thanks for sharing this MJ. :yep: I found this information on the site above that explains why this happens.

Avidin, which is found in raw egg whites, blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency. You must cook the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to safely digest the protein and utilize all its Amino acids. Unfortunately, cooking also starts to destory the protein.

https://www.eggwhitesint.com/healthfacts.htm

So what in the world is Avidin? :lol: I just had to know....:drunk: So I found this information

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/avidin

av·i·din (
v
-d
n) n. A protein, found in uncooked egg white, that binds to and inactivates biotin and which, when present in abundance, can result in a deficiency of biotin.

The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
avidin (av´idin),
n a glycoprotein in nondenatured egg whites (raw) that binds biotin and prevents its absorption, causing biotin depletion.

Mosby's Dental Dictionary, 2nd edition. © 2008 Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
avidin
a constituent of normal eggs which inhibits the absorption of biotin. The feeding of large quantities of raw egg whites causes dermatitis, alopecia and cracked hooves in pigs and heavy mortality in mink.

doesnt this just mean that these two things should be done at different times of the day? it's never hurt my hair at all. much to the contrary in fact. oh and i should say that i do a high protien shake as well, but that is made of yogurt, no egg although, sometimes i swallow it right before drinking it. i sprinkle wheatgerm on our food and cook with it as well. i'll have to consider adding it to my shake now.

I thought about this too....:yep:

I found this:

http://www.worthington-biochem.com/AV/default.html

http://www.vectorlabs.com/products.asp?catID=28&locID=0

I'm not a chemist.....:drunk::spinning::drunk::lachen::lachen::lachen:

MonaRae

Question ladies:

What are the benefits of the flaxseed oil?

:drunk:Just a few more days until my progress pics!:drunk:

To add to the list its also good at balancing the female hormones! :yep: I love it for the skin and hair benefits!

Also, I must fess up! :sad: I had just one shake this week (Monday) and I missed last Friday, Saturday and Sunday! I"m back on it tomorrow! I was waiting to get more bananas and ran out of eggs and have not restocked my supplies! My skin is showing the sign of it too. The back of my hands are so dry! :nono:

Yes, Br*nzeb I'm allergic to gluten so the raw wheat germ caused me to gain weight. I was able to stop the weight gain by discontinuing the raw wheat germ now I'm trying to lose what I gained. The benefits are just too good to get rid of the shake altogether.

Last edited:

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
I bought wheatgerm last night! I'll be starting tomorrow once I get some a carton of liquid egg whites. When is there a H-town GTG???? I'm in Fort worth but I would drive down for that.

ayoung

PB, you ain't lying about that 'real' milk.
Me and milk==:nono2:

I only can drink it sometimes w/ cereal or cookies---but still in moderation.
*and it has to be 1% or it feels like i'm drinking yogurt :lol:*

guyanesesista

When I had my shake today I drank it with a straw and it went down fast. I normally drink it from straight from the cup and it's so hard to go down. I think someone mentioned early in the thread that the straw made it easier. Just alittle tidbit from me. Carry on.

Vinyl

Hmm, I think I need to change my diet. It may be because I've been sick for the past few weeks, but I haven't really been feeling better/energized from the shake. I'll probably start seeing more results once my cold goes away. I will say that I got twists in late December and they look terrible. I definitely need to get them redone, lol. I can't wait to do my lengh-update shot!

I decided to stop adding taste-enhancers to my drink because it has sooo many calories! I'd really love to try that chocolate protein mix. I can substitute it for the whey and it'd taste great without any added calories. I've been taking my shake diligently since last Friday, I think. I'm definitely noticing a difference in how much I'm able to eat. It's made it a lot easier to stick to my diet.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Hi Shimmie--it's me, formerly Tiffcurl. :wave:

Will you be joining us? Hope so. Always love your inspirational words. :grin:
Hi Tiff... :bighug:

Yes.... :yep: I'm joining. I'll have my ingredients this weekend and I'm starting Saturday.

I love this thread. I'm still reading through it, but I can attest that it's the best for healthy, strong and silky hair. :up:

Happy New Year to you... :giveheart:

mscocoface

Okay I have been watching this thread and I was not going to join, but since I am taking some or all of these ingredients in different formats on a regular I thought why not create it as a drink and have my DH drink it in the AM with me since we do the green drinks anyway.

So this is the only bandwagon I will jump on (she says with a straight face, yeah right!) I could use some help with my skin right now as well as energy and the hair benefits will be a bonus.

Consider me in. For those of you who are lactose intolerant have you tried the lactose free milk out there. My DH has an issue with regular milk and I finally persuaded him to try the Lactose Free milk and he as well as my son love it.

I will try using that tomorrow morning and will see what he thinks. May even make a shake for my teenage son before he goes to school in the AM.

Mscocoface jumping in with both feet and all my hair!!!! :)

SugarBaby

I so want to try this. But, not sure if I want to use the wheat germ and wheat germ oil. You all are starting to convince me to try it, but now I'm reading about possible weight gain (that part scares me).

Can anyone explain this....If the shake keeps you full from snacking and eating a lot, Why would the shake make you gain weight?

Atkins diet promotes eating a lot of protein to keep you full and for your body to digest the fat first..

Anyone that can help w/ this...I was using this as a weight loss tool.

I love this shake.

PuffyBrown

I learned from a Dr. a long time ago that dairy products
prolong congestion associated with cold and flu. Not sure of your illness but I hope you feel better soon.

Hmm, I think I need to change my diet. It may be because I've been sick for the past few weeks, but I haven't really been feeling better/energized from the shake. I'll probably start seeing more results once my cold goes away. I will say that I got twists in late December and they look terrible. I definitely need to get them redone, lol. I can't wait to do my lengh-update shot!

I decided to stop adding taste-enhancers to my drink because it has sooo many calories! I'd really love to try that chocolate protein mix. I can substitute it for the whey and it'd taste great without any added calories. I've been taking my shake diligently since last Friday, I think. I'm definitely noticing a difference in how much I'm able to eat. It's made it a lot easier to stick to my diet.

4everbeautifull1

Hey ladies!!! Just checking in. This is my 10th day on the shake and I am loving it and I am noticing a difference in my skin already so I know its starting to work! I can't wait til a few months pass so I cansee the difference in my hair!

Essensual

…so there I was, still bleary from working a long shift (having just applied my pre-poo oils and fitted my shower cap) attempting to catch a brief nap while the DCs prepared to be taken to school. My nap was abruptly interrupted by a clamor at the front door.
“ Who….in God’s creation is ringin’ da do’bell THIS early in da mornin’?!?”:wallbash::wallbash:
(Oh, sorry. I fell out of character. *ahem*)
I opened to door swiftly so as to snare the ne’er-do-wells in the act. To my chagrin, what lay before my eyes but a wondrous gift addressed to me! I look up just in time to glimpse the fair knight who had brought such glad tidings mounting his trusty, white, 4-wheeled, metal steed. Our eyes met…
“ I love yooooooooou!” I shouted. He smiled and chuckled at the newly realized source of his secret admiration, seeming not at all put off by the plastic cap on my head or the sleep in my eyes.
……It was magical.:drunk:

TRANSLATION: My Brownie Batter Protein Powder arrived, Y’all! LOL!

OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG!
It has been a Duncan Hines mess up in here for the past few days!:grin: This stuff is yummy!:lick:
I may just have two a day.

P.S. How do you get the FEDEX man to lift a restraining order?:blush::perplexed:rolleyes::lachen::lachen::lachen:

MonaRae

Can anyone explain this....If the shake keeps you full from snacking and eating a lot, Why would the shake make you gain weight?

Atkins diet promotes eating a lot of protein to keep you full and for your body to digest the fat first..

I love this shake.

For me it was the gluten in the raw wheat germ. I'm allergic to gluten and all it did was stick to my lower stomach. It was getting bigger and bigger and ...

PuffyBrown

…so there I was, still bleary from working a long shift (having just applied my pre-poo oils and fitted my shower cap) attempting to catch a brief nap while the DCs prepared to be taken to school. My nap was abruptly interrupted by a clamor at the front door.
“ Who….in God’s creation is ringin’ da do’bell THIS early in da mornin’?!?”:wallbash::wallbash:
I opened to door swiftly so as to snare the ne’er-do-wells in the act. To my chagrin, what lay before my eyes but a wondrous gift addressed to me! I look up just in time to glimpse the fair knight who had brought such glad tidings mounting his trusty, white, 4-wheeled, metal steed. Our eyes met…
“ I love yooooooooou!” I shouted. He smiled and chuckled at the newly realized source of his secret admiration, seeming not at all put off by the plastic cap on my head or the sleep in my eyes.

OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG!It has been a Duncan Hines mess up in here for the past few days!:grin: This stuff is yummy!:lick:

P.S. How do you get the FEDEX man to lift a restraining order?:blush::perplexed:rolleyes::lachen::lachen::lachen:

That was hilarious!:lachen:

Hey Egglets,

SHAKE UPDATE

I added (4) Rexall Naturals Cinnamon 1000 mg caplets to my shake and it is deeeelish! It's got chromium in it and promotes sugar metabolism.

Picked it up from WalMart.

So, my currrent daily regimen is:
-hair shake
-multiple glasses of fresh squeezed orange juice
-raw fruit, veggies

Supplements:
-Alpha lipoic acid 600 mg (Vitamin Shoppe)
-Hair, Skin, Nail Vitamins (Vitamin Shoppe)

-Water, green tea, dandelion tea, spearmint tea

My MIL keeps telling me how good I look. After church last Sunday, while at dinner, I caught her staring at me several times. I get so "noivis" when people stare at me, it's a wonder that I didn't drop something, trip over my feet, or do something else goofy.

Last edited:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I bought wheatgerm last night! I'll be starting tomorrow once I get some a carton of liquid egg whites. When is there a H-town GTG???? I'm in Fort worth but I would drive down for that.
The meet-up will be in Feb. don't know the exact date. I'll keep you posted when i find out. Welcome, JayAnn!!!
Okay I have been watching this thread and I was not going to join, but since I am taking some or all of these ingredients in different formats on a regular I thought why not create it as a drink and have my DH drink it in the AM with me since we do the green drinks anyway.
So this is the only bandwagon I will jump on (she says with a straight face, yeah right!) I could use some help with my skin right now as well as energy and the hair benefits will be a bonus.

Consider me in. For those of you who are lactose intolerant have you tried the lactose free milk out there. My DH has an issue with regular milk and I finally persuaded him to try the Lactose Free milk and he as well as my son love it.

I will try using that tomorrow morning and will see what he thinks. May even make a shake for my teenage son before he goes to school in the AM.

Mscocoface jumping in with both feet and all my hair!!!! :)
Mscocoface, you could not resist the pull of the cocktail...so enticing, isn't it? :spinning: You'll love your results and your "right" decision. :yep: You and all your hair are Welcomed to our Nest!!

I love this shake.
The cocktail made me gain weight when I; 1) used milk 2)added whey protein powder 3) never changed my eating habits (meaning high fat, high carb foods) Since I have dropped those two ingredients, my weight has stabilized, hth.

OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG!It has been a Duncan Hines mess up in here for the past few days!:grin: This stuff is yummy!:lick:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Girl, you are truly hilarious!!! Have Mercy, Poor Guy may need to change his route....all over a lil' bit o' chocolate....:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Hey Egglets,

SHAKE UPDATE

I added (4) Rexall Naturals Cinnamon 1000 mg caplets to my shake and it is deeeelish! It's got chromium in it and promotes sugar metabolism.

Picked it up from WalMart.

So, my currrent daily regimen is:
-hair shake
-multiple glasses of fresh squeezed orange juice
-raw fruit, veggies

Supplements:
-Alpha lipoic acid 600 mg (Vitamin Shoppe)
-Hair, Skin, Nail Vitamins (Vitamin Shoppe)

-Water, green tea, dandelion tea, spearmint tea

My MIL keeps telling me how good I look. After church last Sunday, while at dinner, I caught her staring at me several times. I get so "noivis" when people stare at me, it's a wonder that I didn't drop something, trip over my feet, or do something else goofy.
Thanks for sharing that reggie. Sounds good. I haven't added cinammon lately bcs i've been adding berries and such...i thought it may throw off my berry taste :perplexed. I shall resume. Thanks for the heads-up. I saw a couple in wmart with like a zillion bottles of those things, that's what gave me the impetus to go ahead and add it to my shake, that and our Egglette's recipe....

Drank my shake, today, great, however, i think guzzling it straight no chaser, from the glass is quicker than slurping from a straw. It was too thick and took too long, i guess that says a little about me....:ohwell: my Debutante sponsors would not be pleased, uh uh, no way...:nono:

acooks143

THis thread is extremely long....Can someone please pm me a good receipe that is low on the egg intake and is lactose free (I usually drink the lactaid milk with my cereal and have not problems)

Vinyl

I learned from a Dr. a long time ago that dairy products
prolong congestion associated with cold and flu. Not sure of your illness but I hope you feel better soon.

Oh wow, I had no idea. Maybe that's why it's been taking me so long to get better. I'll substitute soy milk and skip the egg for a week and see if it helps.

J-Moe

Egglets,
What in the world am I doing WRONG!!! My shake isn't thick at all what is it, and i'm dying because I feel like I drinking straight milk(although I use soy). What could account for the thinness? Bronze you said yours is to thick at times, why i wonder is mine coming out thin. I stick to the original recipe.

Last edited:

Essensual

Egglets,
What in the world am I doing WRONG!!! My shake isn't thick at all what is it, and i'm dying because I feel like I drinking straight milk(although I use soy). What could account for the thinness? Bronze you said yours is to thick at times, why i wonder is mine coming out thin. I stick to the original recipe.

...I think you may be right about the soymilk making it thinner. Try adding half a banana.hth.:grin:

peppers01

Hello ladies! I have great news, and we are all grown ladies so this shouldn't offend any, but....................my period was lighter and shorter this month:yahoo:! Now ever since my cycle began when I was 13 yrs old, I ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS had the 6-day period, but something magical happened this go round. It was only 3 days, and ladies you know I was tripping and paranoid, thinking okay,:rolleyes: should I use the max protection or just minimal. But nothing else has happened, but I can't help but still be a bit weary about it returning, but I'll know for sure by tomorrow, that was suppose to be the last day. If this shake doesn't help with anything else (which it has), I would drink just to have this happen every month.

Essensual

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Girl, you are truly hilarious!!! Have Mercy, Poor Guy may need to change his route....all over a lil' bit o' chocolate....:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

:blush::perplexed...:look: Well at least he won't half to worry about me for another month or two.LOL!

P.S. Here a lil conversation from later that day...

DS: Mommy?
Me: Hmm?
DS: Why did you tell the FEDEX man you loved him?
Me: (deep in a brownie batter hang over):lick:.....:blush:.....I did, didn't I?:ohwell::nono:

peppers01

Peppers01, I'm glad you posted, I was thinking about your hair last night, and said I would have to comment....you are doing a great job, girl your hair will be to your tush really quickly...keep up the GREAT work, honestly. I'm excited for you...You'll be at the Houston meet-up, right?

Any other H-town Ladies, come on out~I think it's in Feb :yep: Hope to see y'all, soon!

When and where is it? Also I just read about the eggs cancelling out the biotin, so where do I get the powdered egss or a substitute; the grocery store?

Last edited: