Dreams of your future Husband

Cholet112

Have any of you single or married women been given dreams of your husband by God? And have they come to pass?

Im asking because lately my prayer to GOD is that HE would speak to me in my dreams. Well HE has been, but so far none of them have been about me but others in my life or surroundings. Well last night he gave me one just for me. I have been feeling like Im one of the women who will never be married, but GOD gave me a dream of a man. Without going into detail he was incredibly beautiful and GOD even gave me his name.

Has GOD ever did this for any of you and the dream came true? The man you met and married (or engaged to, or dating) had the name and the physical looks as in the dream.

tmichelle

I have never had dreams that came true (thank goodness because I've had some wacko dreams). I seem to have dreams that reflect the state of mind I'm in (hmmm... what does that say about me?). In fact after I married my husband (a gift from God) I would have nightmares about being married to one of my ex-boyfriends! I would wake up in a panic and be so relieved to see my husband next to me.

P.S. I love the progress your hair has made!

cocoberry10

tmichelle said:
I have never had dreams that came true (thank goodness because I've had some wacko dreams). I seem to have dreams that reflect the state of mind I'm in (hmmm... what does that say about me?). In fact after I married my husband (a gift from God) I would have nightmares about being married to one of my ex-boyfriends! I would wake up in a panic and be so relieved to see my husband next to me.

P.S. I love the progress your hair has made!

Ditto for me. No husband dreams. And yes, your hair looks amazing! It's got that swang (as my mother would say):lol: :grin: :) !

crlsweetie912

I never have "getting married dreams" But a lot of people have been speaking into my life "you will make a great wife" lately! God is good! I trust and believe that he will provide.

ADB

Cholet112 said:
Have any of you single or married women been given dreams of your husband by God? And have they come to pass?

Im asking because lately my prayer to GOD is that HE would speak to me in my dreams. Well HE has been, but so far none of them have been about me but others in my life or surroundings. Well last night he gave me one just for me. I have been feeling like Im one of the women who will never be married, but GOD gave me a dream of a man. Without going into detail he was incredibly beautiful and GOD even gave me his name.

Has GOD ever did this for any of you and the dream came true? The man you met and married (or engaged to, or dating) had the name and the physical looks as in the dream.

I have!!! I had a dream about my husband in 1996 and I got married to him in 2000. :D :cool:

In 1996 I had a dream that I was walking in Kings Island amusement park in Ohio and I was the happiest I had ever been in my life. I had a tall man next to me and we were walking hand in hand. I couldnt see his face because it was blurry. It felt perfect unlike anything I had ever felt before. I felt complete. When I woke I still had that same feeling and I believed God had sent me that dream/vision. So I knew my soulmate was out their waiting for me, and I was going to find him, but little did I know he was not for me to find but, for God to send him to me when I was ready.

I met my husband about a year later in 1997. In 2000 we got married and guess what...........Our honeymoon was at Kings Island amusement park and I was extremely happy like in the dream I had 4 years ago. I didn't remember the dream until after the honeymoon and that's when I told him about it.

I talked about this in more detail in another tread called "soulmates". I'll try to find it and copy and paste the rest of the story. I's too much to type over again.

shalom

I have, but it was with one of my best friends husband and to add assault to injury he's a cheater, there was another man in the dream and I told my husband I should have married him. Needless to say this dream did not make me happy.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Dreams can be very prophetic...

Both Joseph's in the Bible are perfect examples. There were Kings as well and these Kings were also sinner's, yet God spoke to them prophetically.

King Nebecannezzer (sp?), the handwriting on the wall; The King who tried to 'sleep' with Sarah. These were both 'sinners' and yet God spoke to them in a dream of warning, when He could have 'killed' them right off.

Look how God spoke to Samuel when he was just a little boy. ;) Dreams are awesome venues in which God will 'speak' to us. Why? Because our minds are not actively arguing with Him. We are not distracted.

However Dreams are also a continuation of what we suppress and 'think' we have done away with. Yet, the issue is still there and is waiting for us to resolve it.

As for marriage dreams, this is ideal for one to hear from God. For you can ask God over and over to continue to give you clarity of the dream's meaning until you have His peace settled in your heart about it.

Psalm 16: 'He counsels my reigns in the night seasons..."

In one translation it says, ".....He tells me what to do."

No matter what you dream, ask God for clarity.

Years ago when I was overweight and so ready to 'give up', I kept having this one Dream over and over. I dreamed that I was wearing a white skirt and the waist was criss-cross lace front tie. I kept thinking, "I have to have a very small waistline to wear that." Guess what? In the following months, I lost over 87 pounds.... :yep: Wasn't that nice of God?

So, if you want to know something, ask God to Dream His answer to you. He will....God will surely speak to you in a Dream. He never fails. This includes your future husbands. ;) Just ask.

Cholet112

Its frustrating. I have been asking GOD for clarity. I keep having dreams about this guy. I know the guy from my dreams now.

I cant even be in the same room with the guy. When he comes into my presence this feeling comes over me that I must admit I have never felt before. I have been around fine men before, even dated them and never had this effect on me. I turn into a totally different person when he is around. I remember seeing him for the first time last year he literally took my breath away and ever since then I havent been able to breathe with him in the same room. When he comes over to talk I cant be my usually bubbly self. My mentor noticed something. When she came over to talk to me she said "Girl, you acting like you in love.......are you in love with......" Im like NOOOOOO!!!! Because I dont even know him. Its not possible to be in love with someone you dont even know.....or is it?

Now Im having dreams about him. Each dream is different, but they are starting where they leave off. I have asked GOD to reveal the reasons for the dreams but I got nothing. They stopped for about 2 weeks but last night he was back. I dont even see him regularly because he is away at school in another state so I cant blame it on that.

Sorry I just needed to vent.

Shimmie

Staff member
Cholet112 said:
Its frustrating. I have been asking GOD for clarity. I keep having dreams about this guy. I know the guy from my dreams now.

I cant even be in the same room with the guy. When he comes into my presence this feeling comes over me that I must admit I have never felt before. I have been around fine men before, even dated them and never had this effect on me. I turn into a totally different person when he is around. I remember seeing him for the first time last year he literally took my breath away and ever since then I havent been able to breathe with him in the same room. When he comes over to talk I cant be my usually bubbly self. My mentor noticed something. When she came over to talk to me she said "Girl, you acting like you in love.......are you in love with......" Im like NOOOOOO!!!! Because I dont even know him. Its not possible to be in love with someone you dont even know.....or is it?

Now Im having dreams about him. Each dream is different, but they are starting where they leave off. I have asked GOD to reveal the reasons for the dreams but I got nothing. They stopped for about 2 weeks but last night he was back. I dont even see him regularly because he is away at school in another state so I cant blame it on that.

Sorry I just needed to vent.

You need to vent. It's healthy. And it's online... :lol:

Truly, I know this is very unsettling for you. It's unusual and you don't have a clue about the rhymn or reason.

So let's ask God to 'settle' you and then ypu, little one, ALLOW Him to 'settle' you. Let's pray....

"Father God in place of hyped emotions, give me your peace. "

No man is worth losing the 'holding power' of our antiperspirant. That's all we need is wet underarms to add to an already tense situation.

Now, if he is your husband, ask God to bring him to you. And God will do it. "Lord if he's the one, then let him come... Just keep me cool during the process."

You see, God is not only 'speaking' to you, but to him as well, if this man is indeed your future husband. Also, write down your dreams. Begin to do this now. You'd be surprised how many times, you will discover something different each time you recount the dreams.

You're going to have the answers. :yep: Truly, you will. God is not the author of confusion and He says that He will not have us ignorant. Also, He loves giving us His peace. This is His special time with you...the Dreams. Your Heavenly Daddie, is taking the time to talk to you and He has you all to Himself...while you are sleeping.

Just be at peace, angel. ;)

Cholet112

Shimmie said:
You need to vent. It's healthy. And it's online... :lol:

Truly, I know this is very unsettling for you. It's unusual and you don't have a clue about the rhymn or reason.

So let's ask God to 'settle' you and then ypu, little one, ALLOW Him to 'settle' you. Let's pray....

"Father God in place of hyped emotions, give me your peace. "

No man is worth losing the 'holding power' of our antiperspirant. That's all we need is wet underarms to add to an already tense situation.

Now, if he is your husband, ask God to bring him to you. And God will do it. "Lord if he's the one, then let him come... Just keep me cool during the process."

You see, God is not only 'speaking' to you, but to him as well, if this man is indeed your future husband. Also, write down your dreams. Begin to do this now. You'd be surprised how many times, you will discover something different each time you recount the dreams.

You're going to have the answers. :yep: Truly, you will. God is not the author of confusion and He says that He will not have us ignorant. Also, He loves giving us His peace. This is His special time with you...the Dreams. Your Heavenly Daddie, is taking the time to talk to you and He has you all to Himself...while you are sleeping.

Just be at peace, angel. ;)

Thank you.

I have been writing the dreams off. I just guessed it was my desire for him that has manifested itself into my dreams. Only, the dreams arent at all sexual, not in the slightest. And I dont want for him sexual, Im mean he is a hottie, but its deeper than that. I have never been in the place before and I believe that GOD will reveal the reason in HIS timing.

I will pray that prayer before I go to sleep tonight.

Thanks Shimmie!

Shimmie

Staff member
Cholet112 said:
Thank you.

I have been writing the dreams off. I just guessed it was my desire for him that has manifested itself into my dreams. Only, the dreams arent at all sexual, not in the slightest. And I dont want for him sexual, Im mean he is a hottie, but its deeper than that. I have never been in the place before and I believe that GOD will reveal the reason in HIS timing.

I will pray that prayer before I go to sleep tonight.

Thanks Shimmie!

Even if it were sexual, it's nothing to be ashamed of. These days, I'd be worried if it wasn't... :yep:

Just wanted to make you smile... ;)

((( Big Sister Hugs )))

Cholet112

Shimmie said:
Even if it were sexual, it's nothing to be ashamed of. These days, I'd be worried if it wasn't... :yep:

Just wanted to make you smile... ;)

((( Big Sister Hugs )))

In my dreams....No.....When I see him.......shoot thats a WHOLE nother story (I have to repent often, or just not look at him). I already told my mentor GOD will have me married in 2 years because I cant be celibate for much longer. He KNOWS how much I can bear in that area!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shimmie

Staff member
Cholet112 said:
In my dreams....No.....When I see him.......shoot thats a WHOLE nother story (I have to repent often, or just not look at him). I already told my mentor GOD will have me married in 2 years because I cant be celibate for much longer. He KNOWS how much I can bear in that area!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The beauty is that you are 'aware' of all of your feelings. And with that, you are aware of who you are. Even more beautiful, you are talking to God about it, 'straight up.' It's when we 'pretend' that we get into trouble. Upfront with the Lord, He has it all under His control and so do you.

I wish you sweet blessings...total peace and all of the answers. Write your Dreams; type them in a private blog where only you have access. You'll find the answers right there and by the counsel of the Holy Spirit.

I love this scripture:

"Lord, show thou me, that which I do not see; where I have sinned I will do no more." (Job 34:32)

God wants to keep you and stablish you and surround you inside out with His peace.

Sweet Dreams, precious sister...God is right there putting it all into clear focus...just for you. ;)

Cholet112

tmichelle said:
Cholet112 said:
Because I dont even know him. Its not possible to be in love with someone you dont even know.....or is it? quote]

Why would it not be possible?

GOD has shown me that Im a very analytical person, and that was a very analytical statement. Its just hard to fathom being in love with someone you have only seen. We have never had a conversation.

tmichelle

The first thought that came to mind while reading your thoughts on falling in love at first sight was how a new mother many times falls in love with her new baby at first sight. And the baby has done nothing to encourage it, it is just being itself. I know a grown man is a different kettle of fish but it just reminded me of the capacity of the heart to quickly expand.

BTW, I fell in love with my husband the evening I met him. I was intrigued and attracted at first sight and by the end of the evening I was praying that the Lord would help me to marry him or someone just like him. I even fasted for him for months (one day a week) while we dated. We ended up getting married less than a year after we met and we just celebrated our 9th anniversary yesterday :)

Cholet112

tmichelle said:
The first thought that came to mind while reading your thoughts on falling in love at first sight was how a new mother many times falls in love with her new baby at first sight. And the baby has done nothing to encourage it, it is just being itself. I know a grown man is a different kettle of fish but it just reminded me of the capacity of the heart to quickly expand.

BTW, I fell in love with my husband the evening I met him. I was intrigued and attracted at first sight and by the end of the evening I was praying that the Lord would help me to marry him or someone just like him. I even fasted for him for months (one day a week) while we dated. We ended up getting married less than a year after we met and we just celebrated our 9th anniversary yesterday :)

Did he know you were the one when yall first met?

Shimmie

Staff member
tmichelle said:

BTW, I fell in love with my husband the evening I met him. I was intrigued and attracted at first sight and by the end of the evening I was praying that the Lord would help me to marry him or someone just like him. I even fasted for him for months (one day a week) while we dated.

We ended up getting married less than a year after we met and we just celebrated our 9th anniversary yesterday :)

Happy Anniversary
tmichelle and Hubby
and many, many,
Eternally
Blessed
More

:rosebud:

Honey6928215

I must admit I have given up dreaming about my future husband. Eventhough I don't see one in the near future. It may work for some but I feel that God knows you more than anyone so He knows what man is best for you...eventhough you have your eye on someone. (Not me though):lol:

Like someone said the dreams may be prophetic so in a way it giving you an idea of who he may be.

tmichelle

Cholet112 said:
Did he know you were the one when yall first met?

He says he knew he found a special friend, but since I was in his mind an older (by two years) beautiful (like I said in his mind ;) ) black female it took him about a week to disregard the fact that I might not be interested and make his move anyway.

chinadoll

I believe i've seen my hubby. I saw his eyes and hair but everything else was blurry. When i woke up, I was so happy,but it's kinda dissapointing because it seems like i won't meet this person, but that shouldn't be my main focus because my focus should be on the Lord. I trust that he will bring him when we're ready. :Rose:

lonesomedove

After reading the thread on soulmates I began to ask that the Lord reveal my husband to me in a dream, or even just whether or not I would ever be married. Well since then I have dreamed about a good friend of mine that works in my building. In the dreams I am the happiest I have ever been. This guy is about to move out of the country and has not shown any type of interest in me other than being friends, so I asked God again to show me my husband in a dream, and I dreamt about him again and was extremely happy in my dream. Now I'm starting to wonder if I am making myself dream about him. What do you guys think?

Cholet112

lonesomedove said:
After reading the thread on soulmates I began to ask that the Lord reveal my husband to me in a dream, or even just whether or not I would ever be married. Well since then I have dreamed about a good friend of mine that works in my building. In the dreams I am the happiest I have ever been. This guy is about to move out of the country and has not shown any type of interest in me other than being friends, so I asked God again to show me my husband in a dream, and I dreamt about him again and was extremely happy in my dream. Now I'm starting to wonder if I am making myself dream about him. What do you guys think?

I felt the same way, like I was making myself dream about him. Then one of my mentors, whose opinion I trust completely, flat out told me he wasnt the one for me. I have since given up thinking that it was from GOD and chalked it up as a figment of my imagination and a crush gone to my head.

chinadoll

Sometimes I think it's me but I have never seen this person. I think you can tell if it's your imagination by the way you feel afterwards. After i had that dream, I felt great. It wasn't a sexual feeling but like a mutual feeling. Dreams are so confusing...

Cholet112

I have since giving up trying to figure out my dreams. I think my dreams were my desires manifested and not GOD given. I think I wanted love so bad that I conjured up this man that wasnt mine. I have prayed consistently before going to bed that GOD would show me my husband or give me an inkling so that I can hold on until he comes, but I gets nada. Its a little disheartening honestly.

andreab

Yes. I had a dream. The only thing I could remember was his name "Will".
I was in heavy prayer and into the Bible. I had this dream I could only remember his name. Weeks , months later. I met my tow truck guy he told me his name was "Will".

Will was only short for his gov't name and not what everyone knew him by. I thought this wasn't going to work didn't want to get my hopes up.

Thats what I prayed for "God's Will be done..."

His contact name in my cell phone is still "Will". He asked why one day I told him this same story.