Don't Stone the Newbie But Do you Ever

Sarah Jones

Do you ever wash/condition your hair and air dry with no product? I am 26 weeks post and I airdry my thin after conditioning with no product. My hair is fine, soft, etc. I style my hair by rolling with foam rollers and Original Formula 5 minute Fast Set. I think the Original Formula is supposed to be like Miss Cool Fast Set. I put a DROP of oil on before I brush out the curls and I am good to go. Am I heading for a setback because I don't use any leave-ins or moisturizers or sealing oils? My hair is inbetween APL and BSL because I haven't relaxed in six months.

supermodelsonya

Well if you're between APL and BSL you're doing what works for your hair.

If I did that, my hair would be dry and brittle. I've done this with my daughter on the other hand and her hair is also fine and soft.

Irresistible

well it's good to make sure your hair has proper moisture

but it's hard to call it because it really depends on your hair

but a few lil extra measures just to not have to worry about it is worth it

better to do things to prevent a set back than to wait till your in one

no stones....LOL

Sarah Jones

well it's good to make sure your hair has proper moisture

but it's hard to call it because it really depends on your hair

but a few lil extra measures just to not have to worry about it is worth it

better to do things to prevent a set back than to wait till your in one

no stones....LOL

Thanks. by extra measures do you mean a moisturizer?

Stepiphanie

Definitely couldnt do that bc once my hair shrunk it would be a detangling nightmare!! But everyone's hair is different, so do what works for u.

Neith

If your hair is healthy and feels moisturized, then you're fine. Do what works for your hair :)

If you really feel like your hair needs extra moisture or you just want to experiment, then try a moisturizer/oil out, but don't feel like you HAVE to do what the next person does to have healthy hair. :yep:

MummysGirl

:welcome:

Do what works for your hair :yep:

I've been using a leave in for so long now, I can't imagine not using one, my hair's used to it now.

Sarah Jones

May I ask, How do You Detangle without conditioners and things like that?

I detangle in the shower. As a point of clarification, I condition in the shower and then comb the conditioner out. I dry my hair carefully with the towel and then comb my hair again and let it dry.

Leesh

I detangle in the shower. As a point of clarification, I condition in the shower and then comb the conditioner out. I dry my hair carefully with the towel and then comb my hair again and let it dry.

Ok, Ok, I understand now, You do condition, I had to go back and read again, Well i would presume thats fine, as long as You feel that its not dry then do what You've been doing. I was just inquiring about the detangling process. Naturally that would have caused hair loss w/o. But as food for thought, You may want to moisturize your ends from time to time being as though they are the oldest part of Your hair, although You have a nice length, You want to continue to retain. You could eventually lose hair unbeknownst to You little by little and begin to wonder why Your Length is haulted at a certain point.

Fhrizzball

Are you washing the conditioner all the way out?

My friend doesn't use leave in and sometimes she skips using conditioner too. Her hair is a looser texture than mine so it works for her I suppose. It's really long too :rolleyes:

Whatever works for you though. Don't fix what's not broke.

Sarah Jones

Are you washing the conditioner all the way out?

My friend doesn't use leave in and sometimes she skips using conditioner too. Her hair is a looser texture than mine so it works for her I suppose. It's really long too :rolleyes:

Whatever works for you though. Don't fix what's not broke.

I rinse away all the conditioner. My hair is thin and it is so much fuller without any product.

Whimsy

My hair would revolt. I would end up with tangle city on my head!

It makes me nervous that you're not moisturizing, but hey if it works for you....

Taina

I can0t air dry my hair with no product on, my hair is very dry and looks like straw and hard to manage.

DozenRoses99

It may be ok if you are using a good conditioner. Although you may be rinsing out the conditioner, some of it may still stay on you hair and keep it moisturized. If you do notice the slightest bit of breakage, I would suggest changing your regimen very quickly.

LatterGlory

I find now that I am using AO Conditioners I don't need a leave-in, because even when I rinse the conditioner out my hair still feels (for lack of a better term) well conditioned and all I really have to do is seal with a bit of light oil, roller set and I am good to go.

If for some reason between washes my hair feels dry I use a little bit of my Afrodetangler.

Sarah Jones

I find now that I am using AO Conditioners I don't need a leave-in, because even when I rinse the conditioner out my hair still feels (for lack of a better term) well conditioned and all I really have to do is seal with a bit of light oil, roller set and I am good to go.

If for some reason between washes my hair feels dry I use a little bit of my Afrodetangler.

I know what you mean, my hair feels fine without anything. I have tried moisturizing and sealing and it weighs my thin hair down and makes it stringy and limp. Nothing makes it full and flowing. :grin: What kind of setting lotion do you use?

LatterGlory

I know what you mean, my hair feels fine without anything. I have tried moisturizing and sealing and it weighs my thin hair down and makes it stringy and limp. Nothing makes it full and flowing. :grin: What kind of setting lotion do you use?

See that's the thing with fine strand ladies SJ, so far water is my setting lotion but I do seal with a tiny bit of light oil and I never really liked setting lotions mousse is more my speed ( trying to find the best way to use Jane Carter Wrap and Roll).

Water is the best moisturizer now as long as you seal it ( water) in you should be fine. JMHO

Arcadian

Absolutely do what works for you. There's not a set formula for hair because what may work for me, may not work for you.

I'm one of those that uses the smallest amount of product I possibly can and my hair thrives like no tomorrow. For someone else, they'd have all kinds of problems.

So as long as your hair is not brittle and breaking, you're fine.

The only thing I want to stress is that you pay attention to your hair to make sure it retains its moisture, especially in the winter:yep:

-A

Victorian

old head
I tried this for a while one summer when I was doing wash and goes. My hair didn't die or anything, but I prefer at least using something light on my hair after washing. I could never do it in the winter though.