Dominican Salons

Trinity1

Can someone tell me all the hype about Dominican salons and their method of blowing the hair out? I'm curious. Also does anyone know of such a salon in the Washington metropolitan area?

Tee

Beverly listed some Dominican salons (on the Salon Review Discussion section of this board) that are in the Maryland and DC area.

The main reason some go to Dominican salons is for the roller sets. In my own experience, I have found the Dominican salons to be the only way to go.

Often at Dominican salons, you will see women of every color with long hair. I have had many stylists as well as friends of mine saying that if you want long hair, go to them once a week for a wash and set. Several former friends of mine have been going once a week for years and they have hair that they can sit on.

I'm from philly but last week I went to a Dominican salon in Silver Spring, Maryland with one of my friends. The name of the salon is SaShe's. I go to the Dominican's every two weeks for a wash, set and wrap. The wash, set and wrap makes your hair full of body and beautiful. When they blow your hair out it looks very nice but I don't like all of that direct heat on my hair. Here is the info:
SaShe's Salon
8419 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring (301) 588-4742

I have natural hair and when I go to the Dominicans to blow dry my hair when they are done it looks like i have a perm. However, I wont do this more than once every couple of months because the heat is so hot I have to tell the girl to stop every couple of minutes. I dont recommend the blow drying though but then again my scalp and head is very sensitive

Back