Dominican salon allergic reaction

kking7777

Ok ladies, I went to the Dominican salon Friday in Chicago and my scalp is on FIRE... I don't know if it was the shampoo or what but something is wrong... I am about to wash my hair pronto! Has this happened before to anyone? I think next time I will take my own products (if possible)

kking7777

Well I noticed it as soon as I walked out of the shop but it was not bad, considering my hair was "flowing" lol Anyway by Saturday it got worse and by Sunday at church I was scratching my head every 2 seconds.... and now I am off to the shower to wash my hair (can't wait). I just hope the next time I go she will be able to understand me when I ask her to use my products. I wish I knew what products she used on my hair to wash it, I just remember the wonderful smell.

Allandra

Hopefully, you'll be better off taking your own hair care goodies next time. Try that, and see what happens.

auntesther

Yikes, KKing, I'm sorry this happened, too.
May I suggest you rinse with water before putting any shampoo in your hair? Better yet, if you have any neutralizing shampoo, use that just in case they left some chemical in your hair. . . In any case, I hope that washing helps!

MissM

I agree with AuntEsther used the neutralizer before shampoo, just in case some of the relaxer is still there. Try to use one that changes color so you can see for sure. Scary. How many times did she wash the relaxer out?

queenofmean68

kking7777:

Oh my goodness! I hope there is no permanent damage to your scalp and hair. You may be having an allergic reaction to one of the products she used in your hair. You should try to find out what it was she used and avoid it.

rosebud

kking7777,
The same thing happened to me recently when i went to a Dominican Salon. But that was because she used her nails to scrub my scalp...I actually had scabs on my scalp a few days later..it is better now though. Now I pay attention to if someone is using their nails too much when washing my hair..

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
kking7777 said:
Thanks but do you think that they will allow me to?

[/ QUOTE ]
Most likely. I visit a Dominican salon in Maryland every now and then. They have no problem with me bringing my own products.

kking7777

Now that I think of it she used her nails when she washed my hair too! Wow, how do I tell her to chill out next time?

Miosy

My old hair dresser use to dig her nails into my scalp. I guess they think it's going to do something good. Just tell her you have a sensitive scalp and if she could please not use her nails. If that doesn't work when she uses her nails give her a real mean stare