Dominican Products in Philadelphia? Salons?

Britt4209

Hey LHCF!

I have been in braids and transitioning for the past 6 months and I am looking to try some Dominican products(specifically, lacio lacio & silicon mix) once i take these braids out... I would buy them online but that shipping/handling is really KILLING me...

any suggestions Philly folks? Also any good dominican salons?

Neek-a-Nator

Hi Britt, there is a salon called Evelyn's on Front and Allegehny. I used to get my blow outs there but I stopped cause I workout alot and as soon as I sweat my hair is DONE. I don't have the number anymore but you can call info and get it cause it's listed. Evelyn is like the only one that speaks English though. Try that HTH

manter26

You can get Dominican products in Pathmark. The one on Grey's Ferry (by UPenn) carries it. If you are in UCity, I used to go to a salon on 49th and Baltimore. There are quite a few salons on Baltimore, if you feel comfortable heading west.

phillyrn

not sure if ur in the north east but the BSS on cottman avenue in sears parking lot carries these products if that helps.

neenee280

Cambridge's - Aramingo and Vanango in the NE...my favorite!

Another in Rising Sun..I forget the name though.

Hair Buzz at the new shopping center on 52nd and Parkside. I keep telling them to get more variety. :look:

I AM...

Hey OP the BSS at Rising Sun and Adams near FOREMAN MILLS (yes I said it real loud like the commercial) has All types of Dominican products. I am interested in the Silicon mix I priced it at $25. Huge bin of it.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Ole' snap! Girl what they got, I go to that Shoprite all the time but never went in that BSS. Shoot I wanted steak for dinner anyway so I'll be stopping in there. All this darn time I've riding all the way up Arrimingo, Thanks!
Cambridge's - Aramingo and Vanango in the NE...my favorite!

Another in Rising Sun..I forget the name though.

Hair Buzz at the new shopping center on 52nd and Parkside. I keep telling them to get more variety. :look:

neenee280

Ole' snap! Girl what they got, I go to that Shoprite all the time but never went in that BSS. Shoot I wanted steak for dinner anyway so I'll be stopping in there. All this darn time I've riding all the way up Arrimingo, Thanks!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:They dont have much! Baba de Carcole and Crema Pelo (green bottle) but NO colorshowers or dominican hair oils. I think they have silicon mix. The selection is not that great but at least it is closer to us in the lower part of the city. If you go there PLEASE tell them to get more brands and dominican oils and colors. They look at me like, "yeah we know but you the only one buying!!!":lachen::lachen::lachen:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Girl I went and they had just about everything I like except Emergencia and Apretendora. I had to find the stuff myself because they showed me the Jamican and Lime stuff when I asked where the dominican products were :lachen:I found them and showed them what I was talking about the guy goes "ahhhhh spanish products" LOL, I was like yeah dominican products :rolleyes:. I asked them to get more stuff and in bigger sizes he said next yr. which I hope means sometime in January and not far into the new year.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:They dont have much! Baba de Carcole and Crema Pelo (green bottle) but NO colorshowers or dominican hair oils. I think they have silicon mix. The selection is not that great but at least it is closer to us in the lower part of the city. If you go there PLEASE tell them to get more brands and dominican oils and colors. They look at me like, "yeah we know but you the only one buying!!!":lachen::lachen::lachen:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Girl I know you were excited they have every darn thing. Not sure if you wanted the Alter Ego Garlic conditioner but they keep that behind the counter, it's $49.99 so you may do better ordering online. I know I'll be ordering my next batch online since it's $15 cheaper. Well enjoy your stuff!
thanks ladies, i ended up going to Cambrigde's near Aramingo and Castor ave..they had alot of nice items

neenee280

You can get Dominican products in Pathmark. The one on Grey's Ferry (by UPenn) carries it. If you are in UCity, I used to go to a salon on 49th and Baltimore. There are quite a few salons on Baltimore, if you feel comfortable heading west.

Um, I walked all over that store today and did not see any dom products! Then I went to the bss next door thinking maybe they had it there. :nono: At least I got some hummus that was on sale at pathmark. :lick:

neenee280

Girl I went and they had just about everything I like except Emergencia and Apretendora. I had to find the stuff myself because they showed me the Jamican and Lime stuff when I asked where the dominican products were :lachen:I found them and showed them what I was talking about the guy goes "ahhhhh spanish products" LOL, I was like yeah dominican products :rolleyes:. I asked them to get more stuff and in bigger sizes he said next yr. which I hope means sometime in January and not far into the new year.

:bighug: I am so glad you went there because I am thinking only me and my brother are the only ones up in there buying the stuff! Maybe since there is a dominican salon across the street they will hurry up but I am still going to be on them! If they can get some 12 en 1 and emergencia I will LIVE!!! :lachen:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Um, I walked all over that store today and did not see any dom products! Then I went to the bss next door thinking maybe they had it there. :nono: At least I got some hummus that was on sale at pathmark. :lick:

Dang you saved me a trip cuz I was surely about to head straight to Pathmark to see if they had some. I might try the NE next. :ohwell:

neenee280

Dang you saved me a trip cuz I was surely about to head straight to Pathmark to see if they had some. I might try the NE next. :ohwell:

Yeah I went to Cambridge today and got some Colorshowers, 12 en 1, and some oil. The customer service is top notch and I got a free calendar. :look:

twnz&1mo

What about in South Philly? I'm a North Philly girl, but I live in South Philly and don't know about any salons out this way and would like to try a salon that won't jack up my curls. I guess I better brush up on my Spanish.

neenee280

***UPDATE***

I discovered a new bss store and I would consider it a domincan supply mecca!!! :look:

Bella Bella Supply Inc‎
508 West Allegheny Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19133-2813
(215) 291-4445‎

Oh em gee...they had stuff I never saw before. Loads of oils, rinses, condish! No colorshowers but he has the other dominican cellophane in the pink bottle. The prices are even better then Cambridge. The owner is REALLY NICE and said he will be having an online site in about a month. He even has brazilian products. This is my NEW spot! I just had to share!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I went to the one on Allegheny and had a BLAST!! Thank you sooo much Neenee280! I even got the Salerm brushing which I have been wanting to try for a few yrs since seeing it in a video but couldn't find it.

neenee280

I went to the one on Allegheny and had a BLAST!! Thank you sooo much Neenee280! I even got the Salerm brushing which I have been wanting to try for a few yrs since seeing it in a video but couldn't find it.

:yep::yep::yep::yep: That place is so perfect! I could spend hours in there! They have dominican products that I have even yet to try!!! That is my new payday spot! :lachen::lachen:

rosieposey

I know this thread is fairly old, but I wanted to say thank you for this store! :grin:

***UPDATE***

I discovered a new bss store and I would consider it a domincan supply mecca!!! :look:

Bella Bella Supply Inc‎
508 West Allegheny Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19133-2813
(215) 291-4445‎

Oh em gee...they had stuff I never saw before. Loads of oils, rinses, condish! No colorshowers but he has the other dominican cellophane in the pink bottle. The prices are even better then Cambridge. The owner is REALLY NICE and said he will be having an online site in about a month. He even has brazilian products. This is my NEW spot! I just had to share!