Does this sound like too much?

DMJ's Mom

Hi. I've been natural for a year next month and I think that I've outgrown my old regimen so I'm trying to come up with another to just kind of keep it simple but need a little help. I can't do the no heat thing or rollerset for the life of me so I'm trying to work in heat but keep it at a minimum. And at the same time recover my hair from mistakes I made when I first became natural
Once a week:
Shampoo with DPL shampoo
Aphogee (2 min reconstuctor) followed by CON Moisture active deep conditioning treatment or elasta QP DPR.
Detangle then put hair in four thick plaits. The following morning blowdry each section on LOW heat just enough to get the waves from the plaits out and the roots a little bit straighter.

Daily
Moisturize with Mango Butter
Bun at least 5 days out the week and other protective styles the other 2 days.

I'm also thinking about doing the Aphogee 2 step treatment every 6-8 weeks because I've seen a lot of little broken pieces lately.
Also can I baggy my ends with just pure shea butter or am I better off to use shea butter and seal with coconut oil? Sorry for the long post

Sounds good... just maybe a kittle too much protein. I wouldn't do protein with every wash.

I've never baggied, but it seems like a good idea.

Why would you seal shea butter with oil?

I learned when I first BC my hair lovews protein. I cowashed almost daily with a protein conditioner and my hair thrived. I just remember reading that alot of people when they baggy use a moisturizer then seal with oil I'm just not sure if you have to do the same with shea butter or if its ok to use alone.

Oh... if it works for you, rock on :)

Don't think you need the coconut oil since shea butter is an oil, but it wouldn't hurt. Maybe use a leave in or moisturizer too.

Otherwise... it doesn't sound extreme. It's a good solid regimen, not too complicated.

Hi
Your regimen sounds good and it's simple too. The only thing that I would do differently is I would use the Aphogee Reconstructor every OTHER week because I think every week is too much protein.

I baggy every night and I prefer to moisturise (with Elasta QP) AND seal (with Vatika Oil).

Apart from that, :waytogo:.

Thank you ladies! My main concern was the heat thing but Ill be using a heat protectant. Has anybody had great results with the 2 Step protein treatment?

Back