Does this look like "natural" hair to you?

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I just ran across this person's yt channel and was watching some of her video. She states she's "natural" which I last checked meant you don't have any texture alternations done to your hair chemically (hair color doesn't count).

It looks like she texlaxes her hair. Is anyone else familiar with this person's channel? Is this person a member here? Maybe she is natural, but I've been on here long enough and have seen texlaxed hair look and move the same way her does, and her ends have that overly stretched looked from chemical run off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz1JxnA04xY

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
If she doesn't relax then she's natural. I'm not going to sit and judge somebody else's texture because it doesn't behave how I think it should

ETA from her site

My hair texture is 100% natural. I do not relax, tex-lax or texturize my hair. The only chemical alteration that I have made to my hair is the vibrant red color.

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I only watched the video for a hot minute...but I don't know who would lie about being natural. It's not like you win a prize if you are, so I don't see the point in telling a lie about it. So I'm just going to assume that if she says she's natural that she is. Maybe that's just the way her texture is? IDK

so1913

As a 100% natural since 2004 who has been accused of being "texturized"...I say if she says she's natural I'm not going question/challenge it.

Jasmataz

She seems to straighten her hair a lot, so her texture is probably loosened from the frequent use of heat. My hair looks similar.

Eta: I see she says she's a 3a, so it may not be the heat, that's probably just her natural texture.

Last edited:

Joigirl

My niece's hair is very similar to hers and she is natural, but has her hair straightened a lot. She also has a very soft and manageable texture. Her hair literally feels like silk when it is properly taken care of and moisturized. She is 13 and just learning to care for her hair, so most of the time it is a mess.

cocosweet

Looks like a looser curled natural who uses heat a lot. When I had some heat damage, my ends had that stretched out curl thing happening.

Divine.

I think she has a loose hair texture in general but because she straightens her hair often it has probably gotten looser over time. Her hair reminds me of how the front my hair looked when I consistently straightened my hair.

cutiebe2

I follow her on instagram. She has beautiful hair and I think she only straightens every quarter. She is natural

IMFOCSD

Beautiful hair, thanks OP.. im subscribing..her hair texture is similar to mine (wet) but i am however texlaxed 4a/b..

Britt

I found out about her 2 wks ago. I LOVE her hair and I think it's beautiful. I like that she rollersets, wears it straight, colors and also wears natural styles. She and her hair are pretty lol.

Fenaxa

Can't colour alter your natural texture though? Initially, I thought that's why her hair looked loose.
Her hair is nice; at least it's thick. Not too bad IMO. I'm a sucker for super tight textures though so I'm not too blown away.

Stormy

Yes, she looks natural to me. Love her texture and that color! Hmmm... I wonder how that color would look on me. :scratchch

kupenda

I love Mo! Ive been following her on on instagram for quite awhile. Thats her hair texture tho boo. Doesnt look texlaxed to me at all. Yes she straightens, but when she washes, all her curls and waves come back to the way they looked prestraightening (doubt thats actually a word). Sorry to ruin your thread

ckisland

I think she's natural like she says, but I think her ends have suffered a bit of heat damage like Taren Guys :look:. Taren's hair used to be super curly wet and dry, now its got that weak wurly thing going on like this chick has in her wash n'go video. If your hair's curly, the ends should be curly too, straightish ends are a telltale sign of heat or color damage. Not necessarily split end and breakage damage, but artificial loosening.

I bet she gets a lot of is that a wig/weave questions and people doubting if she's actually natural. Her hair's very pretty whatever's going on :yep:.

Last edited:

Cherokee-n-Black

Minority Report LOL - If she says she's natural, then she probably is, but I understand why OP thinks she does look texlaxed. When she brushed her hair up, I didn't see much of a difference in her roots and the rest of her hair. So, I guess she just has a looser curl pattern. I do question, however why someone with a natural curl pattern that loose would bother with a relaxer. I can't imagine it being that difficult to straighten or even detangle. I agree with others that it could also be heat damage, color damage or a combination of both.