Does Lacio Lacio NOT work for anyone...

SoOoNY

I bought Lacio Lacio online when i first started transitioning for rollerset...

I hated it... so i tried it again... in the words of "Men on Movies" form In Living Color... HATED IT

I am 3c transitioning, but does this not work for anyone else... tell me that I am not the only one whose hair hates it

Or how you use it in detail, or a replacement!

Yup, it doesn't work for me:nono: I jumped on the bandwagon and ordered it when everyone was raving about it. I found out that it wasn't giving me the results everybody else was reporting, so after I finished up my bottle, I never purchased anymore. I didn't get that softness or anything else. The only good thing about it was the smell!!!

It didn't work by itself for me (I'm also 3c). But I added water and put it in a spray bottle and use it for a setting lotion when rolling and it's perfect.

It didn't do much for me. I use Silicon Mix for detangling in the shower with good results. I've found Salerm works best for me when I'm ready to style my wet hair.

No I tried it and it did not do anything literally.

I went back to using Salerm 21

I hated it... so i tried it again... in the words of "Men on Movies" form In Living Color... HATED IT

I am 3c transitioning, but does this not work for anyone else... tell me that I am not the only one whose hair hates it

I bought a small bottle a long time ago , when I was going through my Dominican product craze

the product just sat on my hair , I didn't see any of the benefits.

I just tried 10 en 1 followed by Lacio Lacio. It was :ohwell:. It didnt do anything spectacular. But then again, I have some very coarse natural hair and nothing seems to tame it. Pantene mask seemed to work really well for a while, but then it stopped working for a while.

I washed with CON, applied 10 en 1 with a cap for 1 hour. Then rinsed and applied Lacio Lacio. I then air tried. It does seem a bit extra shiny and it is soft...just not WOW soft. The smell is spectacular!

I am a 4a/b natural. I wear my hair straight most 90% of the time. Either roller set or flat iron. Lacio Lacio does not work for me. I tried it several times and just cannot get it to work. The jury is still out on Salerm 21 :spinning:

I just tried 10 en 1 followed by Lacio Lacio. It was :ohwell:. It didnt do anything spectacular. But then again, I have some very coarse natural hair and nothing seems to tame it. Pantene mask seemed to work really well for a while, but then it stopped working for a while.

I washed with CON, applied 10 en 1 with a cap for 1 hour. Then rinsed and applied Lacio Lacio. I then air tried. It does seem a bit extra shiny and it is soft...just not WOW soft. The smell is spectacular!

maybe you need to clarify. I have coarse hair too . hmm, maybe I should pick up the pantene ?

I'm 4b relaxed, dont know if that makes a difference, but the lacio definitely makes my rollersets come out much better. sorry it didn't work for you guys. Maybe you guys can use the lacio lacio diluted?

I'm natural and have only used Lacio Lacio when I flat iron my hair. I like it because it makes my hair smell nice instead of the burnt smell I usually get when I straighten. :look:

ETA: Oops, I just realized that this thread was for if it did NOT work for you. :drunk:

Last edited:
Awww, man, why'd this thread come up when I just ordered some Lacio Lacio????:sad:

Whew, glad I did. DH would have had a fit if he found one more product sitting on the shelf that I don't use. I was actually trying to find a way to sneak it in the house without him noticing. :blush:

it worked so so for me. I'm almost out and i wont buy it again. I like pantene detangling spray as a leave in.:yep:

didnt work for me...hair way too thich, use it on my daugter now!!

It didn't work by itself for me (I'm also 3c). But I added water and put it in a spray bottle and use it for a setting lotion when rolling and it's perfect.

Thats actually sounds kind of interesting...:yep:.... maybe ill try it this way before i toss it.... and I do agree the smell is amazing

I'm natural and have only used Lacio Lacio when I flat iron my hair. I like it because it makes my hair smell nice instead of the burnt smell I usually get when I straighten. :look:

ETA: Oops, I just realized that this thread was for if it did NOT work for you. :drunk:

its ok... dont flat iron alot but I have been using NTM Silk leave in before and after when I do... Maybe ill try the Lacio Lacio before i blow dry...

I don't care for it that much. Salerm 21 is a million times better. The best thing about lacio lacio is the smell.

didnt work for me...hair way too thich, use it on my daugter now!!

My hair is really thick too... especially the ng... i been transitioning for 6 months... maybe that is why...

NOW my next question... does any1 have any suggestions for a replacement. people keep saying Salerm 21 but I saw like 5 different types in the BSS... which one should i get as a leave in??

Which formula are you guys using?The lacio WITH mink is way different than the one with out it.The formula without it feels like cheap lotion.:lachen:

The mink oil makes a world of difference.

I didn't hate it, but I didn't see what the big deal was.
It did pretty much nothing until I added some oil, then
it was OK. Still not one my favs.

Which formula are you guys using?The lacio WITH mink is way different than the one with out it.The formula without it feels like cheap lotion.:lachen:

The mink oil makes a world of difference.

Yea mine doesnt have any mink oil.... maybe thats why it feels like 99 cent hand lotion

I only like it for rollersets. Now that I am transitioning, it makes the relaxed part of my sets nice, shiny and swingy, but acts like water on the natural part. I probably won't be able to use it at all once I am fully natural.

I have not used this product yet, but am waiting to recieve it through the mail.
My question is are you squeezing it into your palm and placing it directly on the hair or do you place it in a waterbottle 50% lacio lacio and 50% water?? Maybe you do both.
:help:

Stop talking bout my Lacio Lacio, you nappy-headed...:wallbash::lachen: I'm just messing with you! For you all who are having problems with Lacio being too watery, La Bomba is very similar is scent, color, etc., but it has a thicker consistency. It just holds longer on your hair. There are other domincan leave-ins and products from other places. Long Lovely Locks make great products, too. Sunsilk cremes are good, too. Another one of my faves are Bumble and Bumble Alojoba Conditioner as a leave-in. EXTREMELY moisturizing and softening.

Back