Does Jada Pinkett Press her hair???

Rainy101

And if so, what is she pressing it in. A lot of celebrities would say that they press their hair, (the late Aaliyah), and Queen Latifah, but they fail to mention what they press it in in order to get all that body. The only thing that I know I can press my hair in and it come out with a lot of body is the DLow Shampoo System.

Is there anything else that is out there that will give you the same results..?? Oh and if anyone has pics of Jada's hair, please post them

A long time ago I went as far as calling one of Aaliyah's hair stylist in Birmingham Michigan to see what method he used..He didnt tell me of course..but it was worth a try..

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I have read up on Aaliyah and Jada and they both get their hair press.

Maybe they use a blowdryer and then use an electric pressing comb.... who knows.

inthepink

Here is a link where you can find tons of pictures on jada pinkett:

Search for Jada pics

Also, I don't want to hijack your thread but I'm curious about the DLow Shampoo System. I just read an interview and the website and I'm really curious. How long have you been using this system? Do you think she's right about moisturizers? I notice that water-based moisturizers can potentially dry out my hair and I do wonder if I should just stick to oils.

caress

I could use a pressing comb and have body bot not using too much pressing creme/grease. Also I might put the pressing creme on my hair while it's still wet, before I dry it. My hair is less greasy that way. A good pressing creme is Dudley Creme Press. It's not that greasy if you only use a little. Also I used a flatiron when my hair was natural and that left a lot of body in my hair. I think the key to having body is to use as little product in it as possible.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

Search for Jada pics

Also, I don't want to hijack your thread but I'm curious about the DLow Shampoo System. I just read an interview and the website and I'm really curious. How long have you been using this system? Do you think she's right about moisturizers? I notice that water-based moisturizers can potentially dry out my hair and I do wonder if I should just stick to oils.

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked at all the pics of Jada (I had a lotta time on my hands) and it looks like she grew her natural hair from boy short in 1996 to brastrap length around 2001. That's 5 years (She also had two kids so that could have helped with her hair growth). Now 2004, her hair is practically waist length. What an inspiration!

My hair always has lots of body when I get it pressed. I think it is because my cousin only uses a leave in conditioner like Infusium, then blowdries, and then presses my hair.

Rainy101

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

Search for Jada pics

[/ QUOTE ]

I have used the D Low Shampoo System before and it does work. It just cost a bit much for my taste. I don't know how Ms Low concocted all those ingredients but the product does work. Your hair is less likely to revert in humidity too. I think that one of the products that coats the hair and helps it resist the humidity is the "Protein Spray".

I do not know what the long-term effects of using her shampoo system would be..because she says that when you use moisture on your hair, it does not hold the press well. But I guess I'm so used to moisturizer

Plus the only thing about the system that I dont like is that. When you are using the system and going through the steps..Like she'll say. apply a dime size of this or a nickel size of that..

It "seems as if" you are not using enough product. Because my hair be feeling all rough and hard like a "brillo pad" I have 4a type (fine textured) hair..

So anyway, my hair feels hard to comb through and I try to go slow so I don't break it off in the process. But when you get to the last step and actually blow dry it.

Then you press it without applying any more product to the hair, the hair comes out full of body like you have a relaxer. So your end results do work! Its just that initially, the texture of my hair feel awful.

Until I actually start pressing it, then you see how effective the products are..

Okay hope I wasn't rambling too much!!

Rainy101

[ QUOTE ]
TransitioningK said:
My hair always has lots of body when I get it pressed. I think it is because my cousin only uses a leave in conditioner like Infusium, then blowdries, and then presses my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay so does your cousin just spray the Infusium on your hair, blow dry it and then start pressing it without using any additional product??? Like no grease or nothing???

jaibee

My old hairstylist used to use Design Reflections shine spray to press my hair. It's not marketed for pressing but it does say it is a thermal protectant and my hair was always bouncy when she used it. She would either use the pressing comb or a flat iron.